• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Green Bay Packers 425 EST/FOX

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, most of what I said was just fact. What do you think I got wrong? The statement I was responding to was that Seattle "ignored" the line. Like I said, we can debate whether the moves were good or not, but you cannot tell me the line has been ignored. That just isnt so. Did they just add more trash to the pile? Heck, I dunno maybe. Not sure we are at a point where we know that just yet. You've got 2nd year players at T, a LG with 1 game as a Seahawk, and a RG in his 2nd year as a starter. Those are just facts.

Ok, they didnt ignore the line, but they didnt improve it either. Is that better? Every OL person that was selected before Pocic is starting for their respected teams (except for Lamp who is hurt), and he isnt even smelling the field. Our biggest weakness is Oline. Why did they pass on some of those guys for a backup center? Head scratcher for sure.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year Hawks blamed the loss on no ET, the year before it was no Cam and this year it's the refs. If anyone is to blame it's Aaron Rodgers and the Packers improved defense oh and the Hawk terrible o line.

Thank you for taking feast mode and his 3 yards on 6 carries. Lol

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year Hawks blamed the loss on no ET, the year before it was no Cam and this year it's the refs. If anyone is to blame it's Aaron Rodgers and the Packers improved defense oh and the Hawk terrible o line.

Thank you for taking feast mode and his 3 yards on 6 carries. Lol

Can I dust off your pre-game prediction Nostradamus?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, they didnt ignore the line, but they didnt improve it either. Is that better? Every OL person that was selected before Pocic is starting for their respected teams (except for Lamp who is hurt), and he isnt even smelling the field. Our biggest weakness is Oline. Why did they pass on some of those guys for a backup center? Head scratcher for sure.
We've seen this line play 1 game. Not improved yet? I suppose it isn't. But again, that wasn't the statement I was responding to.

You really think Pocic's future with the team is backup center? I don't. He can also play G and T. Joeckel is on a 1 year deal, and we don't yet know if Ifedi or Odhiambo will pan out. My money says Pocic is starting somewhere at 1 of those 3 positions this time next year.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you were right about needing it. Congrats?

Needed what? Reverse jinx is jus a pre game ritual I've done for a while. It has no affect on the game but I still do it anyways. I was impressed with the pack physicality in this game. I think the competition combined with it being the Hawks really brings out the toughness in our players. I thought the three players that crushed your wr out of bounds was amazing. Best defense we've had since 2010. Just need to stay relatively healthy.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

An Oline needs time to gel. It will improve as the season goes along. It can take 2-3 years to get meshed.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O-line was pretty over powered yesterday. But there were times when Wilson had more than 2 or 3 seconds to get the ball out. So that gives me hope that those guys can learn and get better. Hopefully they have a very fast learning curve and can figure it out quickly. Seattle's next three games are 9ers, Titans, Colts so at least we aren't going to face any JJ Watts or Aaron Donalds for about a month and that could give the line time to come together. That's my "glass half full" analysis.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The front office may need to look at spreading the salary cap money out more even between offense and defense but it is maybe not easy to shed some the money spent on defense. The defense needs to score points I guess

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O-line was pretty over powered yesterday. But there were times when Wilson had more than 2 or 3 seconds to get the ball out. So that gives me hope that those guys can learn and get better. Hopefully they have a very fast learning curve and can figure it out quickly. Seattle's next three games are 9ers, Titans, Colts so at least we aren't going to face any JJ Watts or Aaron Donalds for about a month and that could give the line time to come together. That's my "glass half full" analysis.
I was wondering as I was watching the game, why didn't/doesn't Wilson roll out more, to try to avoid the rush?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering as I was watching the game, why didn't/doesn't Wilson roll out more, to try to avoid the rush?
I'm sure you will get plenty of Seattle fans to offer an answer of "Because Bevell is an idiot" but my theory: the coaches feel more comfortable about the interior of the line than they do with the edges, so they're betting the pass pro has a better chance to hold up in the middle as opposed to rolling RW out into an edge rusher. Now, yesterday is probably not a very good example of the plan working as intended, but that's just my impression of how they put this line together -- 2 2nd year players at T and the most experience from G to G.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oline is a tough one. The 2018 free agent class looks weak. You have to draft well and give those players time to develop and gell together

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always figured GNG was a Packers fan with a star logo because he was always on Rodgers nuts. Now it's confirmed. Roots for who his wife roots for. What a fucking pussy.
I think that means he's getting some pussy...unlike you

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needed what? Reverse jinx is jus a pre game ritual I've done for a while. It has no affect on the game but I still do it anyways. I was impressed with the pack physicality in this game. I think the competition combined with it being the Hawks really brings out the toughness in our players. I thought the three players that crushed your wr out of bounds was amazing. Best defense we've had since 2010. Just need to stay relatively healthy.
I'm going to remind you that the D was solid early in the year last year also. I remember Daniels talking about things were changing and the D against the run was best in the league, then Dallas happened, injuries mounted up and they looked and played like crap. My point is it's early and there is no need to start sucking your dick yet...

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Photo time lapsed 15 years into the future.........

fat-girls-in-bikinis1.jpg
I don't recall anybody asking for your Friday night, Saturday morning pics of your trip down fugly row...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you'd stuck around in the thread instead of getting your fishing ass tossed, you'd have read being very complimentary about Montgomery not ever going down on arm tackles.

And needed your b.s. jinx.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure you will get plenty of Seattle fans to offer an answer of "Because Bevell is an idiot" but my theory: the coaches feel more comfortable about the interior of the line than they do with the edges, so they're betting the pass pro has a better chance to hold up in the middle as opposed to rolling RW out into an edge rusher. Now, yesterday is probably not a very good example of the plan working as intended, but that's just my impression of how they put this line together -- 2 2nd year players at T and the most experience from G to G.
Yes good point, but when Wilson was getting rushed, you should roll Wilson out more. Maybe, so he can see the field better, or maybe run for a few yards?

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree, there is no since bitching and moaning about the refs. The Hawks need to improve that O-line and move on. The TOP was the different today, the Pack had the ball for 39 minutes and the Hawks for 20 minutes. The Hawks defense got tired. There is an old saying, "the best defense is a good offense". That is what happened yesterday.

Eh it was the two biggest whine fest fanbases going head to head. Seattle whining about 05' Super Bowl and all the penalties, and Green Bay still whining about the Golden Tate catch and Rodgers is always bitching about something when it doesn't go his way. The refs were sucking his pole yesterday so he was all smiles of course.