• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seasons over

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh I know it's a few days later, but the A's are not in a position where ESPN should be giving them a 97%+ playoff chance. Seattle and Detroit could easily sneak up and nab that.

Agree with that.

My original point was comparing past seasons to this season in regards to finally being in playoff hunt. At the time the point was legit, but since they have won 5 in a row and are now in the hunt for the 'real' (based on past years) wildcard it is now oranges to oranges.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has this thread's crow been eaten yet?

Too early to ask. We'll see how things go when spots get clinched.

No, not really. I was referring to the fact that this thread was made July 25th and as of September 8th the Mariners are holding a spot in the playoffs.

I think gowazzu needs to own up to how ridiculous the creation of this thread was. He was obviously wrong and I'm tired of seeing the same thing happen all over these pages. It's time to stop going off the deep end every time a Seattle team loses a few games. Just be realistic about it. That's all I'm looking for. When you're not, admit you're wrong and learn something from it.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will always dislike hearing or reading "season over" in July. I know the team's recent history, which means I also know that they've had a habit of taking themselves out of the race by July or sometime in July in the last few years and I'm assuming that that history is what led to this thread. I still don't like it. When this thread was created, the M's had just lost 4 in a row, which obviously isn't a good thing, but they were still only a game-and-a-half out of a wildcard spot. It just made no sense to give up on the team then, especially with the trade deadline, and a chance for the M's to improve their roster, still looming at the time. I've come to expect a "season's over" thread every year at some point, even though I don't like to say the season is over until at least mathematical elimination, and it hasn't been totally wrong to have one in July or August in some of the more recent seasons based on how those seasons ended, but this season still had a lot going for it on July 25th and still does a month-and-a-half later.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am the OP and I really wish you guys would quit bumping this thread! OK I get it. I was wrong. But with the Mariners history can you really blame me for expecting them to fold tent and head into the tank? This is still the same organization that is reliving 95 at every opportunity.

They are competing Enjoy it, why the need to rub an emotional most likely drunken post in a fellow fans nose? You guys have dealt with the same decade PLUS of craptitude.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 plus decades of craptitude.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When this team finally decides what they want to do as far as postseason goes, then we'll see about whether the bumps should continue or not.

In the meantime, seeing what they're NOT doing against someone like Houston, I cannot support a team who doesn't even TRY.

Just remember, they quit on us first.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am the OP and I really wish you guys would quit bumping this thread! OK I get it. I was wrong. But with the Mariners history can you really blame me for expecting them to fold tent and head into the tank? This is still the same organization that is reliving 95 at every opportunity.

They are competing Enjoy it, why the need to rub an emotional most likely drunken post in a fellow fans nose? You guys have dealt with the same decade PLUS of craptitude.

In your defense, you made this thread during that home series against Baltimore before the trade deadline when it looked like we would never score again at times. I agreed with you at the time for sure.

As brutal as the last two games were (especially last night) there are still some things keeping me slightly positive. We are still only .5 game behind the Tigers, 1.5 behind the Royals (who have a suspended game to finish where they are trailing 4-2 in the 10th) and 2 behind the A's. Also it seems like whenever this team starts to slide a little they have a way of picking themselves up and surprising you. Most important September series since 2003 is upcoming so hope the boys can play good ball.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im starting to put my white flag together and about ready to stick it up in the air.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put mine up weeks ago. I just thought it was a matter of time. In a close race, a team that continually goes 15+ innings w/o scoring just can't put a winning streak together when needed and if you can't go on a 5, 6, 7 game winning streak you will not make it.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew this team was flawed but the A's, Royals and Tigers are flawed in different areas so it was giving me hope. Im still not really sold on the Royals or A's right now but given the remaining schedules for the teams and Kuma falling off the earth, making up 2 games on either of them seems impossible.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im starting to put my white flag together and about ready to stick it up in the air.

Yeah, my white flag is out of the box. Angels will put us out of our misery the next 3 games

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew this team was flawed but the A's, Royals and Tigers are flawed in different areas so it was giving me hope. Im still not really sold on the Royals or A's right now but given the remaining schedules for the teams and Kuma falling off the earth, making up 2 games on either of them seems impossible.

Agreed others had flaws as well, but theirs seemed like a trench while ours seemed like the Grand Canyon. Oh well.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners will not make the playoffs with this offense... And I"m and optimistic guy... But we need to be realistic and accept this offense has sucked for a long long time.... If they could be just and average hitting team they would be in the playoffs hands down... You always kinda hoped they would click a little and improve enough but it's wishful thinking... Time to clean house with this offense... They need to show heart and battle for it but it's time Mariners fans get realistic.... This O is painful to watch..

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners will not make the playoffs with this offense... And I"m and optimistic guy... But we need to be realistic and accept this offense has sucked for a long long time.... If they could be just and average hitting team they would be in the playoffs hands down... You always kinda hoped they would click a little and improve enough but it's wishful thinking... Time to clean house with this offense... They need to show heart and battle for it but it's time Mariners fans get realistic.... This O is painful to watch..

I think fans have been realistic and attendance shows it. Not just by the numbers but when you actually attend games there are barely any real baseball fans there. In the late 90's and early 2000's there were tons of actual baseball fans there. You could actually carry on conversations with people in your section about the game. Now it just seems like families showing up for the gimmick give away or the younger crowd just there getting drunk.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think fans have been realistic and attendance shows it. Not just by the numbers but when you actually attend games there are barely any real baseball fans there. In the late 90's and early 2000's there were tons of actual baseball fans there. You could actually carry on conversations with people in your section about the game. Now it just seems like families showing up for the gimmick give away or the younger crowd just there getting drunk.

I hear ya man.... Although this season has produced some hope I will admit... Hopefully we get to see Felix in a playoff situation at some point before his career is over here... I get the feeling he will dominate like a crazy man in the playoffs... But will the M's score any runs is the big question.... If they somehow sneak in this year it's gonna be a testament to how ridiculously good our pitching has been.... Our O should be ashamed of themselves....

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will you guys keep posting in this thread please? I think it's good luck

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This time of season, throw the regular season 3 game losing streak kind of pessimism out the window. There's no place for it.

Just today, the M's started 2 games back of a playoff spot. KC was losing, then the M's were losing 2-0. Then then KC was winning and the M's were losing. Then the M's were winning and KC was winning. Then the ChiSox won and the M's were still winning! Oh, and we scored 13 runs doing it... against the best team in baseball.

Things can change drastically all over the league during this time when you're within 2-3 games of a spot. Let's not forget KC still has to finish an extra innings game in which they're losing. Essentially we're 1/2 game closer to them than it appears if that game finishes the way it should.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will you guys keep posting in this thread please? I think it's good luck

lol... I was gonna say the same thing... I'll keep talking down about the offense ... #!@$^%ing Mariners offense can't do #@$^%@^! .... worthless! They can't hit there way out of a paper bag!!!!