• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seasons over

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is done...... Who should we trade. Bullpen should have value? Rodney...atleast

Oh well a real organization opened up today. This baseball team will never win with this ownership.

Heres to football

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly I have to agree with you. Time to sell off vets for young bats and reload for next year. Hell, shut Felix down and let him save his arm for next year. So fucking sick of this shit. Ownership cares my ass. Fire Jack now then hire another bonehead GM to waste another 5 or 6 years on building within crap.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted something similar in the series thread. Today seems like checkmate on the season and more then just 1 loss. Obviously the numbers suggest otherwise but it just feels like we are hitting the point of no return. Realistically Rodney and Young are the only sellable assets

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was more than obvious they needed bats a month ago but they jerked around and got themselves in this hole. Its the Mariner way.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was more than obvious they needed bats a month ago but they jerked around and got themselves in this hole. Its the Mariner way.

Phrasing. BOOM! :lol:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other GM's new they needed these bats right after they signed Cano. Unfortunately Jack is ours and had his head up his butt.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the offense were just bad, they would be running away with the 2nd wildcard.

this offense isn't bad, it's tragic. so we're on a slippery slope.

right now, i'd be happy with .500, and anything else is just a bonus.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It certainly feels like the season is over this morning and I wouldn't blame anyone for feeling this way.

But if you take a step back and look at our previous 6 losses, 4 of them were by 1 run and the other 2 losses were by 2 and 4.

As bad as we have been...if we get just one more hit with risp or make one better pitch and maybe 2 or 3 of those 4 losses by one run become wins for us.

Now all of a sudden we're 4-4 ot 5-3 in the past 8 and it no longer feels like the sky is falling.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It certainly feels like the season is over this morning and I wouldn't blame anyone for feeling this way.

But if you take a step back and look at our previous 6 losses, 4 of them were by 1 run and the other 2 losses were by 2 and 4.

As bad as we have been...if we get just one more hit with risp or make one better pitch and maybe 2 or 3 of those 4 losses by one run become wins for us.

Now all of a sudden we're 4-4 ot 5-3 in the past 8 and it no longer feels like the sky is falling.

I like the optimism but isn't that how a majority of their losses have been? With an average offense the team could be right there with the A's. Instead of stuck in this purgatory like they were for most of the 2000's. Not quite good but not horrible.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! 1.5 games out of the 2nd wc with 59 to play and we are packing it in here? I understand the offense has been shit of late, but we've seen hot and cold stretches all year. Let's hope it balances out and we end on a hot one to squeak. I'm pleased they are playing meaningful games and it's almost August. Enjoy the ride. Would you rather be in striking distance through the season or out of it by June. This team is frustrating for sure now, but at least it's fun to have these games actually mean something.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i'm as negative as anybody, but 1/3 of a season is a long way to go. it's virtually impossible for hitting to get worse, and maybe some of the kids will find their stride.

on a side note, i'm a little sick of hearing people complain about zunino's bat. he had a little over 400 PA total in the minors, and just got over 500 MLB PA a few games ago. i have a hard time finding negative things to say about him given his catching and the fact that he was brought up way too early.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! 1.5 games out of the 2nd wc with 59 to play and we are packing it in here? I understand the offense has been shit of late, but we've seen hot and cold stretches all year. Let's hope it balances out and we end on a hot one to squeak. I'm pleased they are playing meaningful games and it's almost August. Enjoy the ride. Would you rather be in striking distance through the season or out of it by June. This team is frustrating for sure now, but at least it's fun to have these games actually mean something.

:agree:

Watching the game last night was as frustrating of a game that I feel any of us had to sit through this year. The games have become much more important this time of year, and it just seems like we can get over the hump. I have never seen such bad base running within a year than I have this year. It was absolutely mind boggling to see Chavez round third, I mean, it was an extremely short base hit that should have never been considered by a base runner to head home. So much so that I assumed we had a guy sitting third when all of a sudden a shot of the catcher basically sitting on home with the ball drinking a soda and having a snack came across my tv. Chavez wasn't even in the frame, and here's the catcher with the ball. Then, how do two straight nights do we have a base runner get hit with a ball? These are plays that change the outcome of the game, and then you add the James Jones boneheaded plays throughout the year and it just feels like we are trying not to lose rather than play to win. All of that being said, we do leave Safeco soon and should get back to our winning ways. We are 1.5 out, and if there's something that we should know by now with this team is that they won't go down without a fight. Lloyd just needs to reel em' in, get back to basics, and go win a couple ball games.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but if he is a major leaguer he needs t at least resemble one at the plate. He is so clueless it makes Brendan Ryan look like Wade Boggs. Yes he was rushed and blah, blah, blah, but if we are going to giv him a pass then we need to give everyone else one on the team.

He may call a good game, not sure what the difference was between him and Buck when each played, but he can't handle throws to the plate and he doesn't exactly have an arm base stealers fear.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Watching the game last night was as frustrating of a game that I feel any of us had to sit through this year. The games have become much more important this time of year, and it just seems like we can get over the hump. I have never seen such bad base running within a year than I have this year. It was absolutely mind boggling to see Chavez round third, I mean, it was an extremely short base hit that should have never been considered by a base runner to head home. So much so that I assumed we had a guy sitting third when all of a sudden a shot of the catcher basically sitting on home with the ball drinking a soda and having a snack came across my tv. Chavez wasn't even in the frame, and here's the catcher with the ball. Then, how do two straight nights do we have a base runner get hit with a ball? These are plays that change the outcome of the game, and then you add the James Jones boneheaded plays throughout the year and it just feels like we are trying not to lose rather than play to win. All of that being said, we do leave Safeco soon and should get back to our winning ways. We are 1.5 out, and if there's something that we should know by now with this team is that they won't go down without a fight. Lloyd just needs to reel em' in, get back to basics, and go win a couple ball games.

A+ :agree:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Yes he was rushed...

He may call a good game, not sure what the difference was between him and Buck...

yes.

that's where any rational discussion about this begins and ends.

he's being forced to get professional at bats that 99% of players called up and made everyday position players get at the minor league level. expecting him to do better than he's done is absurd.

please stop comparing zunino's catching to buck's. you're not that dumb.

nothing that i'm saying is subjective here.

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but if he is a major leaguer he needs t at least resemble one at the plate. He is so clueless it makes Brendan Ryan look like Wade Boggs. Yes he was rushed and blah, blah, blah, but if we are going to giv him a pass then we need to give everyone else one on the team.

He may call a good game, not sure what the difference was between him and Buck when each played, but he can't handle throws to the plate and he doesn't exactly have an arm base stealers fear.

When you look at the rest of Jack Z's catching choices (Adam Moore, Rob Johnson, Olivo, Henry Blanco, Josh Bard, and John Buck) you'll really appreciate Zunino.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you look at the rest of Jack Z's catching choices (Adam Moore, Rob Johnson, Olivo, Henry Blanco, Josh Bard, and John Buck) you'll really appreciate Zunino.

Because? I know he was a stud in college, but what really has he done better than all the rest to be held in such high regards? He is a hacker at the plate. His defense is so-so. The only thing I see him doing as above average is block some balls in the dirt. They say him frames pitches well and gets more calls than most, but wouldn't that also have to do with the fact he catches for 2 Cy Young caliber pitchers half the time and those type pitchers usually get favorable calls? I like the kid and he may be a future All-Star, but Ackley was suppose to compete for batting titles, and Smoak was suppose to hit 30 homers a year.

I want to see he is better than those named and not just told that because he is suppose to be.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes.

that's where any rational discussion about this begins and ends.

he's being forced to get professional at bats that 99% of players called up and made everyday position players get at the minor league level. expecting him to do better than he's done is absurd.

please stop comparing zunino's catching to buck's. you're not that dumb.

nothing that i'm saying is subjective here.

What are the ERA's of games he caught vs game Buck caught based on the same pitchers? If it is significant, then I buy it. If it is just because people say so, then no. I know Buck couldn't hold onto a ball half the time, but we are talking about them compared as catchers which the main stat is how they call a game. Offensively, Buck's year last year isn't all that different than Zunino's this year.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the ERA's of games he caught vs game Buck caught based on the same pitchers? If it is significant, then I buy it. If it is just because people say so, then no. I know Buck couldn't hold onto a ball half the time, but we are talking about them compared as catchers which the main stat is how they call a game. Offensively, Buck's year last year isn't all that different than Zunino's this year.

NWinAZ, walk away from the ledge :-)

Zunino gets the benefit of the doubt right now, not the Smoak/Ackley treatment under two years in. Not to sound like a ten year old, but that's not fair. Zunino gets his time, and right now is his time to grow. Ackley & Smoak, times up! Zunino, let's go easy on the guy. :suds:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Miller is on the Smoak/Ackley sliding scale or the Zunino sliding scale? I am just trying to keep up on who deserves what from fans.