• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seasons over

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can root for whoever I want to.

Been a Heat fan since Hardaway & Mourning. I'm not going anywhere.

Who makes up these rules that you can only root for teams in your home state?

Well at one time Seattle had two sports teams that were good at the same time, NY nor Miami has ever had that. Sorry NYC fans, hockey doesn't count or Miami fans thinking women's volleyball counts either.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at one time Seattle had two sports teams that were good at the same time, NY nor Miami has ever had that. Sorry NYC fans, hockey doesn't count or Miami fans thinking women's volleyball counts eithe

With Miami this is true but with New York this is so far from the truth.

1994- Both the Rangers & Knicks made the finals
1996- Yankees win WS & Knicks lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs
1997- Yankees lose in the ALCS & Knicks lose in the 2nd round
1998- Same as 1996
1999- Yanks win WS & Knicks lose in NBA Finals
2007- Yankees win the AL East & Giants win the superbowl
2009- Yankees win WS & Jets make the AFC title game
2010- Yankees lose in the ALCS & Jets lose in the AFC title game
2012- Giants win the Superbowl & Yankees lose in the ALCS

You really need to get your facts straight before making up nonsense.

Funny thing is I didn't even include the Nets who had their share of success also.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Miami this is true but with New York this is so far from the truth.

1994- Both the Rangers & Knicks made the finals
1996- Yankees win WS & Knicks lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs
1997- Yankees lose in the ALCS & Knicks lose in the 2nd round
1998- Same as 1996
1999- Yanks win WS & Knicks lose in NBA Finals
2007- Yankees win the AL East & Giants win the superbowl
2009- Yankees win WS & Jets make the AFC title game
2010- Yankees lose in the ALCS & Jets lose in the AFC title game
2012- Giants win the Superbowl & Yankees lose in the ALCS

You really need to get your facts straight before making up nonsense.

Funny thing is I didn't even include the Nets who had their share of success also.

Anything to do with the Knicks don't count because they are irrelevant if their stooge Stern doesn't force Jordan out for getting his father murdered.

Anything thing to do with the Giants don't count because being mediocre at best then lucking into a title don't count. Otherwise the Hawks being champions and the Mariners mediocre would a huge success.

Yankees have history, otherwise NY is full of the sports equivalent of blue balls.

I mean I'd rather be any NY sports fan as opposed to the ownership of the Mariners but point still stands, root for who you want though. No rules to being a fan.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting hated on for sticking up for your team and saying there is no reason to give up on your team because they're a half game out with 2 months left of baseball. Trust me, the Yankees & Jays aren't running away with anything

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting hated on for sticking up for your team and saying there is no reason to give up on your team because they're a half game out with 2 months left of baseball. Trust me, the Yankees & Jays aren't running away with anything

Let's be real

Your original comments sound more like you are chastising us for having such a defeated attitude more so than you are "sticking up for our team"

The Mariners have been stuck in a 13 year playoff drought with probably the worst front office in all of baseball. I don't ever encourage anyone to have such a defeated attitude, but if you've ever endured what we've had to endure then you would understand

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "Season's over" threads are a regular occurrence here, although they typically come sooner than late July. Unfortunately the Mariners of the last decade haven't done much to stop these kinds of threads from existing, whether they're out of it by June or teasing us just long enough to fall off a cliff sometime in August. Doom and gloom has essentially become the default setting with some people here. Still... it's not like this offense just recently started to suck. It's been terrible the whole year, with the occasional run of games where it looks like a professional offense, and the M's have been winning anyway. With the opportunity for re-enforcements still open through mid-day Thursday, it's too early to hit the panic button down by just half a game. These threads always bother me, because I'm naturally optimistic, but they no longer surprise me.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can root for whoever I want to.

Been a Heat fan since Hardaway & Mourning. I'm not going anywhere.

Who makes up these rules that you can only root for teams in your home state?

Hey root for whoever you want. Nick saban and alabama appreciate your support, as does john calipari and kentucky. Hell the way the seahawks are looking we maybe rooting for the same nfl team soon.......

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Moore was a great ball player that was destroyed by the Mariners organization. When you destroy a players confidence then his career is shot. Was he an all star, most likely not but the Mariners handling of him was atrocious and a primary example of why they are in this situation.

Unfortunately thats happened way to much in this organization. See Brandon Morrow.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately thats happened way to much in this organization. See Brandon Morrow.

Their handling of Moore is why I'm skeptical about this Taylor/Miller thing. With young players you have to give them the job and let them lose it not just platoon them.

Could Miller have done better, yes, but IMO it is utterly pointless to call Taylor up to rotate them. You have to let a player find his groove not amplify every single at bat or ball hit to them so they might get a chance to play the next day.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their handling of Moore is why I'm skeptical about this Taylor/Miller thing. With young players you have to give them the job and let them lose it not just platoon them.

Could Miller have done better, yes, but IMO it is utterly pointless to call Taylor up to rotate them. You have to let a player find his groove not amplify every single at bat or ball hit to them so they might get a chance to play the next day.

Yup a rookie in the bigs needs consistant abs or your ruining them. See romero, now taylor

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guess if Taylor stinks it up they can keep the company tag line of a player need 1500 AB's to see what they have, it will take them 5 years to get that if they are batting 9th.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting hated on for whine cry bitch moan

Now that you've graced the board with your wisdom, you can go.

And believe me, nobody on here thinks that the geriatric Yank$ will run away with anything, either, despite their $200 million payroll. Just a joke.

A Yank$ and Heat fan who comes and tells others not to whine. I've seen it all on here now.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup a rookie in the bigs needs consistant abs or your ruining them. See romero, now taylor

Bringing up Taylor to compete with Miller and platoon for a month or two hurts neither of them.

Pretty normal, actually, though usually it's more in September.

The Moore comparisons are silly. He had a lot of time in the minors, and got to around 2000 AB before ever playing an inning in the bigs. The M's did not handle him badly. He could just not translate his success in the minors to success in the majors.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we please dfa hart.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we please dfa hart.

If he goes, Morales becomes the backup first baseman to LoMo.

So I think that would mean bringing up either Smoak or Montero.

The idea of a LoMo/Morales/Montero triumvirate of mediocrity at 1B is a little scary, but not as scary as seeing Hart go up just about every fucking day and look like a twat.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A's don't worry about defense and it seems to work for them. They look at hitting first, OBP guys, then defense is mix and match. Unfortunately the guys we would have to use don't bring anything offensive to the table either.

I so badly wish we could get a real GM that understand the importance of getting on base.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, really not much of a difference having to decide between Hart/Lomo, LoMo/Morales, or LoMo/Montero/Morales to platoon at 1B. And that's all that would be available outside of Smoak being called up instead of Morales.

I was just trying to figure out what Z's/LMC's line of thinking would be, especially since they're so petty toward Montero.

Wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Smoak called up instead if Hart is finally dfa'd.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad I only got a look at the box score, instead of actually watching the game today. If they can't (or WON'T) do a thing when their best pitcher is starting, they don't deserve any attention from us.

This season is indeed over.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was like 1-2-3 over and over and over. pathetic aholes couldn't even score 2 to get Felix of the hook for the loss.