• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seasons over

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bad mouthed them all of '95 and we know how that turned out....lol.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bad mouthed them all of '95 and we know how that turned out....lol.

You must of been 1 of 10 people in 95 that realized the Mariners hadn't move to Tampa yet.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(looks at Wednesday's box score)

One hit, two errors...way to give the Angels an easy division title. Thank you SO MUCH for not even trying.

QUITTERS

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well after the last two to Houston and the first bluejays game, this thread needs a bump.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep it looks like the Mariners have given up... Season is over.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that pretty much wraps it up. It was a good year all and all but what a pathetic and fitting way to end it. Our ace goes out and gets rocked in a must win game.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad we no longer have our DirecTV. No Root Sports means no real frustration.

It was initially because we were paying too much per month for a lot of crappy channels, and the Mariners have turned Root into one of them.

Thanks for quitting, team. Keep up the good work.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt say they quit. They just are what they are which is a bad hitting lineup with many holes and a good pitching staff that was pitching well over their heads most of the year.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt say they quit. They just are what they are which is a bad hitting lineup with many holes and a good pitching staff that was pitching well over their heads most of the year.

Agreed. I would add; with a good manager and a dumb-ass GM.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is a good way to put it. With that being said, I'm shocked the way this team collapsed in the last week. I would have never thought the starting pitching would be this bad

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a good way to put it. With that being said, I'm shocked the way this team collapsed in the last week. I would have never thought the starting pitching would be this bad

I'm shocked with Felix and Kuma. The rest of the pitching it is hard to believe they would live up to that mark. Baseball has a way of evening itself out unlike other sports and even after this horrible ending of the season their pitching staff with still have had an amazing year.

I still think it is mental with Felix, the guy is amazing and my firm belief is that the offense just drains his emotion all year. He can't be going out there knowing he has to pitch amazing, a pitcher has to be able to take chances and I think you can tell with his changeup bouncing so much that he fears it will get hit out and it's over.

With Kuma I just think it's done. Unless there is some injury that isn't being reported there is zero reason for him to be struggling other than the league finally has a book on him.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking there is an unknown injury with Kuma that isnt being shared. I suppose the book could be out on him but from what I have seen he just isnt hitting his spots and splitter doesnt have the same bite.

Everyone saw the drop off with Young coming. One of the reasons it would have been nice for Jack Z to add an arm at the deadline. Not only would it have prevented any spot starts from Erasmo but it would have allowed us to get Young out of the rotation at the beginning of September rather then essentially giving away a few games which could have been a huge difference.

With Felix you can tell after he dropped the bunt after giving up the homer that he mentally was done. Things just unraveled after that.

As bad as the starting pitching has been in September heaven forbid the offense pick them up for once. This team just cant win 9-7 or 8-6 games ever. Sometimes you will need to win games like that occasionally. They cant all be 2-1

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked with Felix and Kuma. The rest of the pitching it is hard to believe they would live up to that mark. Baseball has a way of evening itself out unlike other sports and even after this horrible ending of the season their pitching staff with still have had an amazing year.

I still think it is mental with Felix, the guy is amazing and my firm belief is that the offense just drains his emotion all year. He can't be going out there knowing he has to pitch amazing, a pitcher has to be able to take chances and I think you can tell with his changeup bouncing so much that he fears it will get hit out and it's over.

With Kuma I just think it's done. Unless there is some injury that isn't being reported there is zero reason for him to be struggling other than the league finally has a book on him.

I'm shocked with all of them personally. As I agree baseball has a way of evening itself out, normally its not in the span of 4 days.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking there is an unknown injury with Kuma that isnt being shared. I suppose the book could be out on him but from what I have seen he just isnt hitting his spots and splitter doesnt have the same bite.

Everyone saw the drop off with Young coming. One of the reasons it would have been nice for Jack Z to add an arm at the deadline. Not only would it have prevented any spot starts from Erasmo but it would have allowed us to get Young out of the rotation at the beginning of September rather then essentially giving away a few games which could have been a huge difference.

With Felix you can tell after he dropped the bunt after giving up the homer that he mentally was done. Things just unraveled after that.

As bad as the starting pitching has been in September heaven forbid the offense pick them up for once. This team just cant win 9-7 or 8-6 games ever. Sometimes you will need to win games like that occasionally. They cant all be 2-1

As odd as it sounds, I truly hope it is an injury with Kuma. He has lost all trade value and it about to command a big raise.

Noone thought Young would last but I thought he could at least finish the season like Millwood did. The pitching I wanted had more to do with Elias and the sudden hatred for Walker over Young.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump City..........

It was all the way until July 25th when I started this thread last year..... June 3 and its feeling awfully "overy" Already?????

Anyway this thread getting bumped last year was good luck, what the hell right?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, there isn't anything 'True' about Mariners Baseball. 'Fool' maybe, but not true.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not over yet... BUT their teetering on it ... This team just can't get any offensive consistency, It's not about home-runs, it's about guy's just getting on #@$^ ing base .... Trumbo has power but his average is just..... average.... Mariners have plenty of that crap too go around... I will say Trumbo will be an upgrade over Ackley right now though... Man, I always thought Ackley would come around... I"m starting to doubt it now...

Last edited: