• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks make interesting move today

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im thinking mcdowell is done, finito, gone with the wind.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would we be assuming that?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'could be.'

Something is weird with this story.

If he was seriously hurt enough to be brain damaged, he'd still be in the hospital. I guess we'll see.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they havent said definitively that he will play again, trading for richardson seems to indicate at least the possibility he might not ever play.

as a fan, im taking the assumption that he never plays.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they havent said definitively that he will play again, trading for richardson seems to indicate at least the possibility he might not ever play.

as a fan, im taking the assumption that he never plays.

Same... not to mention the fact out of football for a year+ and a significant injury with head trauma might just take out all his ability to jump in and dominate. Given he had significant motivational/ethic issues in College as well, I wasn't holding my breath to begin with.

Regardless, I'd prefer we would've gotten Richardson anyway. He's a proven dominant DT. McDowell is not and while he may be good, the chance he comes in year 1 and dominates like Richardson 'should' is really getting your hopes up.

Richardson makes us a better Super Bowl contender than McDowell, and at worst it cost us a 2nd but netted a 3rd.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson makes us a better Super Bowl contender than McDowell, and at worst it cost us a 2nd but netted a 3rd.

This is it. The other great part about this trade that we haven't really hit on yet is just how threatening it would have been to see him go to GB or Dallas or Atlanta. That would've been the shits.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent trade to bolster the D-line. Richardson I believe will have a new running engine being on a team that'll be contenders for a SB. Even being mentally sound guys do lose that edge playing for teams that consistently lose with no future in sight, like the Jets. Change of scenery is what he needed and damn glad to have him on our team.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Cassius Marsh traded to the Patriots for a 5th and the 7th we gave them yesterday. Aytuba Rubin cut. And we traded for some Chiefs lineman I know nothing about.

Talk about a wheeler dealer 2 days.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a little surprised by marsh, but i guess we are replacing him with david bass?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised that we got rid of two big contributors on the DL when there was talk that our DL was a little thin.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kasen Williams cut apparently. That's surprising.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually really liked Marsh, but he's struggled with some injuries and hasn't really shown major flashes. When you have Clark, Clemons, Richardson, Reed, Avril, and some other younger prospects that haven't struggled with some injuries or significant development, time to move on. Obtaining a 5th and 7th was fairly solid. It gives us some trade ammunition to move up in earlier more significant rounds if needed.

Pats desperately needed a pass rusher, we necessarily (on paper) don't. B/B grade for both teams IMO. Guy from KC will probably just be rotational for breather purposes. Rubin played terrible last year and was consuming about 2x his cap/salary worth.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kasen Williams cut apparently. That's surprising.

That really is... but they kept McKissic who can play some WR if it gets THAT bad as well. Sounds like Seattle opted to stock up as high as possible on RB over WR, which means I'd expect to see a bit more action out of Vannett and a dual TE set this season (which goes hand in hand with running as Graham improved his blocking since coming over).

Our supposed best defense in the league with Richardson wont mean jack shit if we can't run the ball this year. Lacy is a question mark, Rawls/Prosise are injury recoveries, McKisson is a more dual threat back, and Carson is a rookie. I don't care how well he looked in preseason... rookie. Having more RBs on the roster than less is probably a big priority in Seattle's book, hence the release of Williams.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they elected to keep McEvoy and Darboh over Williams? This makes zero sense. Maybe they are seeing McEvoy's versatile skill set could be more useful... who knows. Dont really see the justification in cutting Williams

Marsh is a surprising move, but Bass have outplayed him and entering last year of his contract

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they elected to keep McEvoy and Darboh over Williams? This makes zero sense. Maybe they are seeing McEvoy's versatile skill set could be more useful... who knows. Dont really see the justification in cutting Williams

Marsh is a surprising move, but Bass have outplayed him and entering last year of his contract

I think that Williams looked good against 2nd stringers but still has questionable speed and separation. So from a fan's perspective he was surprising but from the team perspective he didn't really address his concerns, despite the circus catches.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McEvoy actually played last year and hauled in some big catches. Plus we have no 6'6+ WR (Jimmy Graham still a TE). Williams had a great preseason but a) it's preseason, b) he's struggled with injuries, c) it's preseason, d) we have other WRs on the team with a similar but BETTER skillset (route running/hands/separation) and e) IT'S PRESEASON.

McEvoy is a unique skillset and Darboh probably has more upside considering he hasn't dealt with nagging injuries and is supposedly a VERY good run blocker, which factors heavily into this system.

Also Darboh was a 3rd round pick. And yah okay so Kasen out performed a bit in preseason, but Darboh is a rookie. I'd expect FAR less out of him than Kasen, going on 3rd year pro.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually really liked Marsh, but he's struggled with some injuries and hasn't really shown major flashes. When you have Clark, Clemons, Richardson, Reed, Avril, and some other younger prospects that haven't struggled with some injuries or significant development, time to move on. Obtaining a 5th and 7th was fairly solid. It gives us some trade ammunition to move up in earlier more significant rounds if needed.

Pats desperately needed a pass rusher, we necessarily (on paper) don't. B/B grade for both teams IMO. Guy from KC will probably just be rotational for breather purposes. Rubin played terrible last year and was consuming about 2x his cap/salary worth.

Pats fan here who came looking for thoughts on the recent trade. Was wondering the story on Marsh. I would say Seattle got the better of this deal. Pats paid a lot for a backup on the last year of his rookie deal but you guys know the player way better than I. Pats were desperate for help at that position.

Seattle appears deep, talented and most of all motivated this year. If they can figure out the offensive line issues (recent dealings seem to have addressed that) they will be tough. They are my pick in the NFC this year.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats fan here who came looking for thoughts on the recent trade. Was wondering the story on Marsh. I would say Seattle got the better of this deal. Pats paid a lot for a backup on the last year of his rookie deal but you guys know the player way better than I. Pats were desperate for help at that position.

Seattle appears deep, talented and most of all motivated this year. If they can figure out the offensive line issues (recent dealings seem to have addressed that) they will be tough. They are my pick in the NFC this year.

Marsh is a good guy that stays out of trouble. He will be a good contributor coming off the bench for rotational situations. Solid ST'r. On our squad, he became expendable but I could see him get more reps and be more valuable on other teams. He is not mistake prone.
Good luck.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im thinking mcdowell is done, finito, gone with the wind.
I have written him off and if he ever plays for us it will be a bonus.
Moving on...