• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks make interesting move today

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not disputing this will be a D to be reckoned with. Again after the starters up front not much depth. 2 for 1 gaining a much better player in Richardson but losing a quality depth player you pick Marsh or Rubin.
You sort of agree after KJ and Wags nothing you can be 100% excited about.
DBs are weaker than 2012/13. They LOB are losing a step. Sherm gets beat more and more each year. Yes some has to do with injuries to him and the Safties, some has to do with being asked to not just play one side of the field, some has to do with age.
An awesome starting 11. I'm jealous. After that I'm not worried in the least.

I was listening to Softy on the way home. He has the same feeling as me with regard to the O. Basically aside from RW, JG and DB there is no one you can feel real good about right now.

Sherm gets beat more and more each year? Hmmm, perhaps, but he was dealing with a sprained MCL the second half of the season. Think Seattle either lost a pick or nearly lost one because they didn't disclose it lol. He also led the league in all CBs last year in cover snaps per reception.

Issue with LOB compared to 12/13 was the front 4 wasn't as good (secondary to some degree only as good as the pass rush). You had a younger/healthier Bennett, Clemons, a younger/healthier Avril, and a healthy.effective Mebane who could apply pressure. It turned it into a phantom DL (go straight through the OL) when they did Avril/Bennett/Mebane/Clemons packages and very few QBs stood a chance on passing downs and on run downs Red Bryant was one of if not the top run stopping DLineman in the league. This year they SHOULD have that with Avril/Bennett/Richardson/Clark but yet to be seen.

LOB is just as good as it was but the DL (at least for 14-16) was nowhere NEAR as good as a collective group, namely in the middle of the line. Clark didn't come on until last year but Rubin was pathetic compared to the Mebane of 12/13 and then you started getting injuries to the secondary.

It is worrisome if KJ or Wagner go out (yikes if Wagner) but hopefully Richardson helps stuff some runs that don't go to the second level. That said, if you start losing starters on any team you're in trouble.

I do agree with you 100% on the offense lol. People keep saying the OL looked decent in preseason but defenses aren't necessarily running the same schemes/looks and/or telling all star players to take it easy to avoid injury (or just sitting them entirely). If Wilson was not able to scramble and have the pocket awareness he has it could quite be a Tecmo Super Bowl Pittsburgh Steelers we're talking here. :)

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did Rubin go from new contract guy to 'garbage?' People sure seem to put a LOT of stock into PFF. Are they the be all and end all now?

Rubin wasn't asked to 'DO' a lot in our D scheme, just eat space and blockers. He was the Red Bryant guy. No rushing the passer, just be stout v the run.

Did he do that less effectively last season? Maybe. I sure didn't notice him getting pancaked too often out there.
I liked Rubin. I thought the team made the right call when keeping him instead of Mebane. He ate up lots of space and was good vs the run. He should get a lot of credit for how good this D has been vs the run the last couple years. In all, probably still a role player who is much easier to replace than how hard it is to find a guy like Richardson but yeah, definitely not garbage.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, in his post above, Shark compares him to Mebane, but Mebane was asked to put pressure on the pocket. That's not what Rubin was asked to do. He was supposed to stand his fat ass in the middle and clog space so our all-league MLB could do HIS thing, so that the other NASCAR guys could do theirs. His wasn't the sexy job. His was the thankless cog in the trenches job.

Until Thomas went down, our D was on pace to lead the league once again. Rubin was part of that. Could he have dropped off in his play? Sure.

Seems hyperbolic for Shark (and others) to suggest he sucked though.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rubin got pushed around too much, he was maybe a notch above mediocre

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well phew, at least he doesn't suck anymore.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, in his post above, Shark compares him to Mebane, but Mebane was asked to put pressure on the pocket. That's not what Rubin was asked to do. He was supposed to stand his fat ass in the middle and clog space so our all-league MLB could do HIS thing, so that the other NASCAR guys could do theirs. His wasn't the sexy job. His was the thankless cog in the trenches job.

Until Thomas went down, our D was on pace to lead the league once again. Rubin was part of that. Could he have dropped off in his play? Sure.

Seems hyperbolic for Shark (and others) to suggest he sucked though.
Similar to the role Wilfork did for so many years in NE. Eat up blocks, push the pocket into the passer. You're right not sexy but critical to that style of defense.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Similar to the role Wilfork did for so many years in NE. Eat up blocks, push the pocket into the passer. You're right not sexy but critical to that style of defense.

Right, so if someone who grades Wilfork from PFF really understands what Belichek and the D is trying to do, they'd grade him higher than if they assigned points based on sacks and/or pressures or hurries (or even tackles). But all those linebackers getting all the pub know and love Vince because he keeps guys off them.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, so if someone who grades Wilfork from PFF really understands what Belichek and the D is trying to do, they'd grade him higher than if they assigned points based on sacks and/or pressures or hurries (or even tackles). But all those linebackers getting all the pub know and love Vince because he keeps guys off them.
No doubt. Just do your job.
Players like Wilfork and to a lesser extent Rubin aren't really appreciated until you lose one and see the drop off. Seattle can withstand it easier than NE because of the quality starters they have up front. Rubin would be a good fit in NE. A situational player that is a good team mate. NE has a lot of mid level players like a Rubin. That's why they can sustain injuries better than most. A handful of super stars with a bunch of mid level situational guys.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did Rubin go from new contract guy to 'garbage?' People sure seem to put a LOT of stock into PFF. Are they the be all and end all now?

Rubin wasn't asked to 'DO' a lot in our D scheme, just eat space and blockers. He was the Red Bryant guy. No rushing the passer, just be stout v the run.

Did he do that less effectively last season? Maybe. I sure didn't notice him getting pancaked too often out there.
I think he was less effective. He is our run stuffing guy but I felt our run D wasn't as good as it's been. Might be my bad perception though.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was less effective. He is our run stuffing guy but I felt our run D wasn't as good as it's been. Might be my bad perception though.

I just don't remember any mention of him from coaches or media last year. Usually when guys start to fall off, there's no shortage of scuttlebutt about it. And I admit, I've never had the all22 or whatever it's called, so I've only ever been able to go off coverage and/or replays.

last season, until Earl went down, we were right in line to have a chance to go another year #1 statistically in D, then fell off and ended up 3rd or so. Wagner had a simply monstrous statistical year, and that usually won't happen if the DT's are getting blown up regularly.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't remember any mention of him from coaches or media last year. Usually when guys start to fall off, there's no shortage of scuttlebutt about it. And I admit, I've never had the all22 or whatever it's called, so I've only ever been able to go off coverage and/or replays.

last season, until Earl went down, we were right in line to have a chance to go another year #1 statistically in D, then fell off and ended up 3rd or so. Wagner had a simply monstrous statistical year, and that usually won't happen if the DT's are getting blown up regularly.
Yep, the D was #1 in scoring before ET went down. Then like you say, it dropped to 3 by the end.

That's what has me pretty encouraged this year -- ET back and looks very recharged, and now we've added Richardson. Very stiff test in week 1, but this thing could be epic.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went from new contract to cut and jobless. He was worse than tony mcdaniel and several notches below red bryant.

Sometimes this team makes mistakes resigning players, he was one of them

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was not worse than McDaniel. Certainly not worse than McDaniel on his 2nd trip through Seattle.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marsh had a pretty terrible showing last night. Still rather have him and Rubin than Richardson?

No, you wouldn't

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marsh had a pretty terrible showing last night. Still rather have him and Rubin than Richardson?

No, you wouldn't
Haha still??

I think one of the reasons Schneider traded Marsh is indiscipline. He has talent for sure but gets over emotional and makes mistakes. Showed it last night.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, you wouldn't

he has only been in NE for 5 days. How many practices do you think he had gone through or how much of the defense he knows? Marsh will be fine in NE and NE is really lucky they have him now that's for sure. Marsh is a solid team piece, not a star but he will be a good get for them.

think anyone would take Richardson over Marsh and Rubin. He becomes the best DT on this team in a long time.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most people on this board tend to think everything they do is golden.

Not even close.

They HAVE won a superbowl though. Gone to two straight, which hadn't been done in a LOOOOONG time.

It's EASILY been the best run the Seahawks have ever had.

Yet you'd think we were the fucking Browns or something.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hence the knee jerk reaction any time someone criticizes the team.