• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks make interesting move today

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an excellent move

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 NFL Trades: WalterFootball.com

Seahawks acquire DE/DT Sheldon Richardson from Jets for WR Jermaine Kearse and a 2nd-round pick
If I worked for an NFC West team not named the Seahawks, I would be extremely furious that Seattle was able to trade with the tanking Jets. The Seahawks have improved markedly as a result of this deal.

Sheldon Richardson is an extremely talented defensive lineman. He's also young, too, as he's just 26. Richardson has been playing out of position in recent years because of the presence of Muhammad Wilkerson and Leonard Williams, but he's three years removed from registering eight sacks, a high number for a player at his position. He also happens to be terrific versus the run. This is a huge acquisition for the Seahawks, as their front seven is now packed with numerous Pro Bowl-caliber players. The only way this would've been better is if Seattle were able to obtain an equally talented offensive lineman, but the fans can't complain, as Richardson still improves the roster.

As for the Jets, it really depends on what this undisclosed draft compensation is. If it's a second- or third-round pick, as speculated, it's not a bad deal for them because they're rebuilding. Having an extra second-day selection in a terrific draft class - check my 2018 NFL Mock Draft here - is a huge boon for the future. They also needed a receiver, and while Jermaine Kearse isn't anything special, he's a steady guy who won't embarrass himself.

The Jets lost this trade, but given their situation, pulling the trigger on this was a logical decision.

Update: The Jets are definitely getting a second-round pick (plus, they're swapping sevenths), so I feel comfortable bumping this up from a B- to a "B" for the Jets. I still think the Seahawks deserve an "A" for this, however.

Grade for Seahawks - A
Grade for Jets - B

Read more at 2017 NFL Trades: WalterFootball.com

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who takes over for Kearse

Kasen, Tanner, Tyler or Paul

Probably Richardson. He did it just fine late last year. A lot of people were also asking why the F that group wasn't out there all season (which was ignorant because of the injury to Richardson) but yah.

fullxtension

Sensei
Hoopla Cash
$ 21,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots have traded third-year cornerback Justin Coleman to the Seattle Seahawks for a late-round draft pick, league sources tell ESPN.

The Seahawks know the 5-foot-11, 190-pound Coleman well, as they had signed him to their practice squad on Sept. 8, 2015, three days after Coleman had been released by the Patriots. But the Patriots ended up signing Coleman to their active roster the next day, leading to his quick return to New England.

Coleman played in 20 regular-season games over the past two years for the Patriots, making three starts. His primary contributions came on special teams and in sub packages on defense, as he played in 227 defensive snaps last season (21.8 percent), with most of that action coming earlier in the year. Coleman played 299 defensive snaps in his rookie season (27.3 percent).

Sources: Patriots trade CB Justin Coleman to Seahawks for late-round pick

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson played poorly for the Jets because he was unhappy there.
Kearse played poorly simply because he's not trying hard enough.

Parting ways with Kearse and a 2018 2nd rounder is no big deal

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHOOOOOOO!!!!!

Richardson is a huge get for this defense. We haven't had this good of a pass rushing pure DT ever under PC/JS.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I expect to see Lane traded pretty soon. No reason to add Coleman otherwise.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I expect to see Lane traded pretty soon. No reason to add Coleman otherwise.

Yah I think Lane is outta here. I never liked his contract and he seemed to not get motivated by it at all last year. After he signed he looked like trash out there. He can't play the #2 position, is a liability in run defense, and got torched by decent talent.

PFF had him rated as one of the worst corners in the NFL last year and if you watched the games it wasn't hard to see why.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tip my hat to Kearse and appreciate his efforts, but his inconsistency shot us in the foot more than once... Our defense just got better...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah I think Lane is outta here. I never liked his contract and he seemed to not get motivated by it at all last year. After he signed he looked like trash out there. He can't play the #2 position, is a liability in run defense, and got torched by decent talent.

PFF had him rated as one of the worst corners in the NFL last year and if you watched the games it wasn't hard to see why.

I"m not crazy about Lane, we need to get a guy opposite Sherman that can lock it down more... Lane did get burned way too much ...

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m not crazy about Lane, we need to get a guy opposite Sherman that can lock it down more... Lane did get burned way too much ...
Im not crazy about Lane either but I hope Coleman isn't the answer... he's not that typical big physical guy the Hawks look for. Interesting move in bringing Coleman in

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of exciting seeing the Seahawks wheeling and dealing. Raises expectations for sure. In theory Richardson should be a big boost to the DL, but he's going have to play better then he has lately. He's young so I like his chances of bouncing back.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not crazy about Lane either but I hope Coleman isn't the answer... he's not that typical big physical guy the Hawks look for. Interesting move in bringing Coleman in

Yeah it's nice to have size on the outside, keeps those big receivers in check more...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty clear who won the trade here... and a 2nd rounder meh. It's going to probably be in the high 50s/low 60s so whatevs.

Get rid of the sorry excuse of a corner in Lane and pray to God our OLINE somehow pulls it together and we should be good to go.

I knew Lane played like trash last year and Kearse did too, but I had no idea Kearse was THAT bad. Jeebus.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born in the early 90s, I'm aware of the history of the team but wasn't exactly there to experience it first hand lol.

Since the Holmgren era the Hawks have always been competitive - with the exception of his last year and Mora's brief stint. Crazy to think that Carroll is the oldest head coach in the NFL. Hope he plans on sticking around for a while.

Lucky you :D

Just imagine the current state of the Mariners, what am I thinking.......they weren't even that bad :L

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coleman's the new backup nickel back behind Brock. When Elliot went down it left Seattle without a backup corner who could play the slot if they traded Lane.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that most here in Pats country think Coleman sucks, so hopefully he doesn't need to actually play.