• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks at San Angeles, 12;25PM PST

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What shocked me was how many times we batted Herbert's passes down at the LOS... The dude is 6'6"...

Dude also throws around his shoulder level with his 3/4 arm motion. Knocking down passes has a lot of luck to it because the QB isn't releasing the Ball where he is looking most of the time. Even Poona knocked one down lol.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The whole "Won't need surgery" scares the crap out of me. I remember the wont need surgery thing with Sherman and then he went POP!

Why even say "won't need surgery?" was that an option or something if so then the injury was/is significant. A partial tear doesn't need surgery just rehab and lots of weeks off but thats bad and for a WR like Metcalf it's even worse.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole "Won't need surgery" scares the crap out of me. I remember the wont need surgery thing with Sherman and then he went POP!

Why even say "won't need surgery?" was that an option or something if so then the injury was/is significant. A partial tear doesn't need surgery just rehab and lots of weeks off but thats bad and for a WR like Metcalf it's even worse.
Its probably a bruise, they did say the mri was negative right?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its probably a bruise, they did say the mri was negative right?

No they said only " He doesn't need surgery". Thats why it bothers me.

I mean I have broken bones before and they said " you don't need a cast only a splint" doesn't mean it wasn't broken. You know what i mean?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he was simply saying that it wasn't serious enough that surgery was necessary. With knee injuries that is always a risk.

The Sherman thing was pretty different since that was a strained achilles.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they said only " He doesn't need surgery". Thats why it bothers me.

I mean I have broken bones before and they said " you don't need a cast only a splint" doesn't mean it wasn't broken. You know what i mean?

The reports I read said that the x-rays came back negative. Carroll's comments were during his weekly chat with Brock and Salk

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting back draft capital would be nice for the Broncos, but will their asking price be attractive?
They'll over value the players of what they're looking for but chances are won't come close to recovering the picks they lost. They could hope a couple of teams get into a bidding war for Bradley Chubb but do they really want to go through a mini rebuild with a QB they just gave a ton of money and getting older.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll over value the players of what they're looking for but chances are won't come close to recovering the picks they lost. They could hope a couple of teams get into a bidding war for Bradley Chubb but do they really want to go through a mini rebuild with a QB they just gave a ton of money and getting older.

Yah their defense is playing good, I wouldn't start trading players away. I said it before the season started, you've got a new HC, a new OL coach, and a new defensive coord.... and one of their runningbacks went down early and Gordon (which is no surprise, he's nearly 30) clearly is starting to lose it.

I didn't think the Broncos would be 2-5 bad, but everyone is saying Super Bowl on this forum and in the media, I was one of the few saying, "They'll be lucky to make the playoffs." Couple that with the division they're in and apparently Russell battling nagging injuries (shoulder/lat I think, and now hamstring) and yah.... Everyone saying Russ was going to have an actual offensive line and better weapons... get the fuck outta here. And sure enough by week THREE (I gave it until midseason) various media hosts/analysts were saying, "What's wrong with Denver's line?" That would be the QB that holds onto the ball too long, doesn't recognize blitzes, and drops way too far back.

I also don't think Hackett and the coaching staff know how to use Wilson. Wilson was never a pocket QB first and foremost, he excelled with a good running game to setup playactions and back the defenses off blitzes, and his mobility to evade defenders. They're trying to use him like a traditional pocket QB and pass the ball OFTEN which seems baffling to me. Wilson was never meant to throw the ball 35+ times a game. He always excelled in games where things were kept around the 20-30 attempts.

When the whole let Russ cook thing was going on and Wilson tried to be a more pocket QB up until the Denver games he had the worst stretch of games in his career. I think by midseason when teams saw the whole philosophy change there was a stretch where we were 1-3 and Wilson was turning the ball over like mad. He threw like 8 interceptions in that stretch. I think that was the game against LA where we were down 7 and he was scrambling to the right and had like 30 yards of field open + the first down, and then on the run he hucked it across his body to the endzone and it was picked. That's when Carroll was like, "No, buddy.... we're done with this."

Last edited:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah their defense is playing good, I wouldn't start trading players away. I said it before the season started, you've got a new HC, a new OL coach, and a new defensive coord.... and one of their runningbacks went down early and Gordon (which is no surprise, he's nearly 30) clearly is starting to lose it.

I didn't think the Broncos would be 2-5 bad, but everyone is saying Super Bowl on this forum and in the media, I was one of the few saying, "They'll be lucky to make the playoffs." Couple that with the division they're in and apparently Russell battling nagging injuries (shoulder/lat I think, and now hamstring) and yah.... Everyone saying Russ was going to have an actual offensive line and better weapons... get the fuck outta here. And sure enough by week THREE (I gave it until midseason) various media hosts/analysts were saying, "What's wrong with Denver's line?" That would be the QB that holds onto the ball too long, doesn't recognize blitzes, and drops way too far back.

I also don't think Hackett and the coaching staff know how to use Wilson. Wilson was never a pocket QB first and foremost, he excelled with a good running game to setup playactions and back the defenses off blitzes, and his mobility to evade defenders. They're trying to use him like a traditional pocket QB and pass the ball OFTEN which seems baffling to me. Wilson was never meant to throw the ball 35+ times a game. He always excelled in games where things were kept around the 20-30 attempts.

When the whole let Russ cook thing was going on and Wilson tried to be a more pocket QB up until the Denver games he had the worst stretch of games in his career. I think by midseason when teams saw the whole philosophy change there was a stretch where we were 1-3 and Wilson was turning the ball over like mad. He threw like 8 interceptions in that stretch. I think that was the game against LA where we were down 7 and he was scrambling to the right and had like 30 yards of field open + the first down, and then on the run he hucked it across his body to the endzone and it was picked. That's when Carroll was like, "No, buddy.... we're done with this."

Yea super get the fuck out of here I was so upset when people would say he would have better weapons in Denver as if he didnt have 2 pro bowl receivers in Seattle. Although our defense isnt where we want it to be but one thing about watching Geno it shows that we are an organization that has our shit together. Even if we don't make the playoffs we are a good organization. They really did a good job of painting the narrative of Pete is old and doesn't know how to coach and isn't with the times. Pete Carroll has been all about football on every level for the last 50 years.