• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks at Bengals Week 6

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks to have another LoB style defensive performances and not get to feel good about it. This one hurts me bad because there is NO WAY this team with the talent it has on offense ( Minus the QB ) should lose a game when they hold a team under 30% on 3rd downs under 50 in rushing yards, under 170 in passing and under 215 TOTAL yards. GOD DAMN IT I AM SO PISSED! Waited two weeks for Geno to bend over his own team!

:gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah:
Pete won’t bench Geno either, no way, I’d be shocked … We’re gonna roll with him, and I think he’s gonna do ok, just enough to stick around but not enough to get us anywhere… It’s a problem..

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah I'm done with Geno. DK is apparently done with him too lol. I get the OL shit the bed on a few plays today (including the last play) but I can at least understand that given it's rookies and all the injuries/out of position players... but good fuckin' lord...

Seattle's D might've played their best game they will all season. I know the first two drives looked abysmal and I have to eat crow, I kind of gave up on em', but they completely turned it around and got going. Cincy did absolutely fuck all after the first 2 drives, and if Reed doesn't have a mental lapse that's likely another punt.

This is not some crappy team like the Giants. This is an elite QB (who I guess is somewhat healthy?) and one of the best WR groups in the NFL. This is not a pedestrian offense.

Again, I don't believe in tanking for players, but put in Lock and see what he'll show. I know Carroll wont and he'll go with Geno but after he shit the bed against the Giants (D won that game) who suck and now the Bengals who suck on defense anyway (they didn't even have their best DB), done... If he shits the bed against Arizona and doesn't chuck up 3 TDs and 300+ yards with no turnovers, start Lock. It also fumes me that Geno got all pissy last week against the Giants on a completely legal hit.

Nobody on the offense played well. I can MAYBE give a nod to Lockett? Metcalf looked like a tool out there whining and pouting, Walker was shifting so much his juke stick got broken and couldn't block fuck all, the tight ends were non-existent, Geno played like he had rubber cement on his hands, the OL generally sucked ass... bleh.

Loss is 100% on the offense but I mostly blame Geno for it. Making just boneheaded throws... hell he should've had 3 picks. Right towards the end if the Bengals player just doesn't drop a freebie.

Whatever, I know Carroll will start Smith against the Cards... I'd rather him just start Lock. And that's not throwing the season. Carroll said every week it's still between Smith/Lock... so let's see what Lock does. This team is not making the playoffs and even if they do we're 1 and out... there's a LOT of talent on this team and it's obvious the players are giving up on Geno. Metcalf was obvious today and given he's got a 'personality' it wont be long before the rest of the locker room is corrupted.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
browns beat the niners, that game on our calendar looks a lot tougher than it did this morning.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 weeks to prepare and they shit their pants. Defense played well holding Cinncy to 17pts in their house but my God Geno looked like a scared rookie inside the RZ. Add in bad play calling and chalk this up as an embarrassing lose.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 weeks to prepare and they shit their pants. Defense played well holding Cinncy to 17pts in their house but my God Geno looked like a scared rookie inside the RZ. Add in bad play calling and chalk this up as an embarrassing lose.
4 straight post bye week losses, its a bugaboo now

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete won’t bench Geno either, no way, I’d be shocked … We’re gonna roll with him, and I think he’s gonna do ok, just enough to stick around but not enough to get us anywhere… It’s a problem..
Yeah, no way they brought Geno back to just bench him in the first half of the season

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going to have to hope for a Geno injury if you all want to see Lock, Sad to say but thats why Geno is mailing it in he has ZERO motivation. He knows after his new contract he is locked in as the starter. Guess we will see what happens because i have a feeling if he throws a INT in next week game in the 1st half you are going to hear fans chanting "WE WANT LOCK! WE WANT LOCK!" And rightfully so. In just 1 drive of actual playing time Lock has 1 TD drive and Geno in 2 games has 2 TD drives. The offensive line had some hiccups today but i also saw MANY times when Geno had FOREVER to throw and there were WR OPEN yet he was locked onto either DK or Lockett ONLY! I saw Lockett wide open i saw DK wide open I saw JSN Wide open i saw TE wide open it was STUPID how many times people were open and Geno didn't see them.

Lock would add a spark, He loves to play and looks fired up when he is out there. He is just happy to be playing and actually goes through his reads/progression. Geno looks bored, uninterested and just looks like he is coasting with a blindfold on.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going to have to hope for a Geno injury if you all want to see Lock, Sad to say but thats why Geno is mailing it in he has ZERO motivation. He knows after his new contract he is locked in as the starter. Guess we will see what happens because i have a feeling if he throws a INT in next week game in the 1st half you are going to hear fans chanting "WE WANT LOCK! WE WANT LOCK!" And rightfully so. In just 1 drive of actual playing time Lock has 1 TD drive and Geno in 2 games has 2 TD drives. The offensive line had some hiccups today but i also saw MANY times when Geno had FOREVER to throw and there were WR OPEN yet he was locked onto either DK or Lockett ONLY! I saw Lockett wide open i saw DK wide open I saw JSN Wide open i saw TE wide open it was STUPID how many times people were open and Geno didn't see them.

Lock would add a spark, He loves to play and looks fired up when he is out there. He is just happy to be playing and actually goes through his reads/progression. Geno looks bored, uninterested and just looks like he is coasting with a blindfold on.

I mean I agree... but ya gotta stop with the Lock 1 TD drive... it was really all Fant on a great play, and Lock was missing wide open receivers too on a BAD throw... but I will say at least Lock looked fired up and was getting rid of the ball quick (they were just bad throws, maybe jitters).

Geno looks asleep the last few weeks.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, no way they brought Geno back to just bench him in the first half of the season
Well, they would if he totally crapped the bed, but I don’t think he will, he’s gonna be efficient, but turn the ball over and be sloppy at times… That’s who he is..

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I agree... but ya gotta stop with the Lock 1 TD drive... it was really all Fant on a great play, and Lock was missing wide open receivers too on a BAD throw... but I will say at least Lock looked fired up and was getting rid of the ball quick (they were just bad throws, maybe jitters).

Geno looks asleep the last few weeks.

Yes but he SAW them ... Geno doesn't SEE THEM AT ALL! I expect Lock to be a little rusty and off target. I do not expect Geno to look like he just wants to go on vacation at the quarter mark of the season! I see ZERO motivation in him, Zero fire or want to. He is out there going through the motions with a blindfold on. He can be better than this, He can be middle of the pack he is playing WAY worse than Russell Wilson.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but he SAW them ... Geno doesn't SEE THEM AT ALL! I expect Lock to be a little rusty and off target. I do not expect Geno to look like he just wants to go on vacation at the quarter mark of the season! I see ZERO motivation in him, Zero fire or want to. He is out there going through the motions with a blindfold on. He can be better than this, He can be middle of the pack he is playing WAY worse than Russell Wilson.

Oh agreed... he at least sees em'. Geno has been missing wide open receivers all season. It's pretty pathetic. JSN is frustrated, DK was obviously frustrated today more than once. He had the 15 yard penalty where he got pissed, but not too long after that you saw him open again and he just kind of waved his hand like, "Aw fuck it, whatever." It wasn't long after that he just quit on the route resulting on the INT. I mean okay, Metcalf needs to grow the F up as well, I'm just saying the receivers on this team are frustrated, and honestly I can sympathize because there's been multiple times where guys are WIDE open.

Lockett seems to be holding it together but he probably really doesn't care at this point, he's been here long enough to know this isn't going anywhere this season, he's hear to collect a paycheck and stay healthy lol.

Geno plays a LOT like Wilson. Almost ZERO pre-snap awareness (hence the STRAIGHT to the QB pressure, that's not the OL fault), and LOCKS on to a receiver. Wilson was able to get by on that for years because of his legs. Neither Geno or Russell (at least at his age) has that right now, and it shows. On the one play Geno did audible he launched basically an uncatchable pass to Metcalf who despite making a great grab had no chance of keeping it in bounds.

I dunno man. Geno isn't the answer. Neither is Lock (IMO - but frankly I'd like to see with Waldron's system if he can put it together)... it's too early in the season to throw in the towel (3-2, 5 games in) so I know Carroll will march Geno out there, but I'm pretty 'whatever' with games at this point since even if we make the playoffs I have little faith we'll go anywhere with it. So I guess we'll just watch Geno go out there and go through the motions and basically any game we win at this point is a bonus... I'm more interested to see how the younger guys continue to develop and hopefully we can Geno after this season and bring a spark to the QB position.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno says "we got to do better on 3rd downs" ..... He is so out of touch and clueless. This was their best performance on 3rd downs since the Lions game when they went 5-11 ( 5 for 12 today ). The real issue was he was holding onto the ball TO LONG and locking onto one wr TO LONG! He Doesn't look off the safeties and he cant read coverages. He throws into tight coverage on almost EVERY play when there are OPEN players AND he was 1-5 in the redzone. ONE FOR FIVE! He is SO very CLUELESS! His issue was his inability to read a defense, His inability to throw to the right spots, His inability to convert in the redzone. He had that SAME issue with the redzone last year. :L

His comments just shows how he is either playing High or not paying attention.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They signed Geno to a new deal for THIS?

Course, I don't exactly pin just him for today. The WHOLE offense is suffering from sever Red Zone Phobia here.

To be honest, I don't think it ever really left us since SB49. For some reason, we just have the worst of trouble doing anything once we get within 20 yards of scoring...it was pretty obvious today.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 of 5 in the RZ doesn't tell the full story, the Seahawks had 23 plays in the redzone. They converted 2 of those plays into 10 points. They had 10 plays inside the 10 yard line when they didn't score a single point. I did not count the plays in drives that they actually scored on in this one, those are just the plays when they came away with ZERO.

Top Billing a youtube channel loves to talk about how great Geno is " Eat at Genos!" and tried to say this wasn't Geno's fault but he also talks Jamal up like he is the greatest player in the NFL. I am sorry but yes we can have better plays in the Red Zone but everyone that DOESN'T convert can say that. You have to execute and understand the moments. In that area the field is compressed. You have to use size to your advantage and with Parkinson, DK's size and Lockett's elite quickness Geno shouldn't be struggling like he does. Both Lockett and even Bobo have shown they are able to win those 50/50 balls. I would say Lockett has shown a better ability to win the 50/50 balls more than DK to be honest.

Last edited:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not upset by this as I already know that Geno was not our guy to take us to any super bowl. as soon as we come to that realization these kind of losses won't sting as much. I have always said that if the Chargers would have played there starters against the broncos and won we would have had the #2 pick and could have selected a QB with a higher upside.

This team with Geno is a good team that will make the playoffs but we arent super bowl bound.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that sure was a fizzle/dud at the end and a tough way to lose. Things I came away with:
  • It was a poor game for Geno. He insists on trying to spin out of the pocket like he's a 25 y/o RW, and he was not seeing open guys. He also made multiple bad choices with ball a threw it into harm's way too often. The blocking had some issues, but he didn't handle it all that well for most of the game.
  • Multiple trips to the red zone in the 2nd half and only 3 points on the board was maddening. Squandered way too many good scoring chances. The blocking up front was an issue on many of those, but a lot of it yesterday was on Geno.
  • The D had a great 2nd half. Kept us in the game. If they can keep that performance as the standard, we are in good shape as a team the rest of the way. Just too bad the O was so out of synch.
  • Why is it so easy to score on our defense on the opening possession? I believe the Giants are the only team not to do it so far this season. I give the D a little bit of grace yesterday since they played so well from about the 2nd qtr on, but it's not just my expectation that the opponent will get a score on their first drive.
  • So 4 straight losses out of a bye... is this is a thing now? I wanna say no because it's just more about the particular matchup/opponent, but it's frustrating. I don't think the reason Geno played poorly was because the game was after a bye, and you flip the schedule to give us the Giants this game and Bengals before then you also get different results. I don't think there is some sort of bye curse or anything.
It always sucks to lose, especially when you have so many chances to win, but at least it was a non-conf opponent. This hurts in the standings the least, and we also did not lose ground on SF in the div or Philly in the NFC. Please fix the red zone crap.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised that the only person people are blaming for this loss is Geno. Goes with the territory.

And he certainly did not play well. Especially in the red zone. But I would also say that our OL really didn't play well in the 2nd half yesterday. This was ESPECIALLY true in the running game. I don't think we had a run play of more than 4 yards in the entire 2nd half. And once our running game was neutralized, they pinned their ears back and went after Geno.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised that the only person people are blaming for this loss is Geno. Goes with the territory.

And he certainly did not play well. Especially in the red zone. But I would also say that our OL really didn't play well in the 2nd half yesterday. This was ESPECIALLY true in the running game. I don't think we had a run play of more than 4 yards in the entire 2nd half. And once our running game was neutralized, they pinned their ears back and went after Geno.
It wasn't all on him, but it was mostly him. I do agree the conditions were difficult with blocking and how aggressive Cincy's rush was, but Geno can't react like he's Russell Wilson in his prime. It's just not his game. He needs to step up vs spin out, and get rid of the ball if it's not there.