• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumor: Eagles might trade up for Wentz

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I said the guys a stud 4-3 tackle why are we trying to go to a 3-4 with this guy? I said we may as well trade him then if we can't use him properly.... Well Cox still excelled even as an end in a 3-4. Lot of heavy stuff out there right now involving us and the Titans.... Guess what, there's only 2 ways we go from 8-1.... We trade 3 first round picks like the Redskins did to go from 6-2 to get RG3 or we use Cox and #8.... That's the only way we can make a jump like that.

If it came down to that I would no way give up 8 if they are getting Cox. At least then if the QB was a bust hopefully you hit on the 8th pick. The Skins got raped in that deal. I don't think that kind of offer will happen again. I still wouldn't even consider trading Cox yet though.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles need to look at 2017 salaries then look at Cox situation. That's what good teams like the Patriots do. Chandler Jones for instance.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles need to look at 2017 salaries then look at Cox situation. That's what good teams like the Patriots do. Chandler Jones for instance.

In theory, made their offense better and their pass rush even worse?

...the patriots continue to succeed based on Tom Brady, Gronk and BB's ability to usually get the most out of his defense.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting rid of Cox would be the absolute dumbest move they could make, no matter who we got. You don't trade great that you have, for potential that might never be. You don't become great by constantly getting rid of your best players. Just ask Chip.

If we did trade up somehow to #1 - we need to still get OT Tunsil. That's a no brainer!

Browns also just got RG3, their options just opened up as quarterback has other options now.

We are hurt not having a 2nd round pick. I don't see us trading up. Trade down makes the most sense. But the FO has made it clear they want to pick in the top 10. Seems like OT Stanley or CB Hargreaves are the most logical choices.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading up to #1 to draft Tunsil would be one of those most idiotic moves of all time.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading up to #1 to draft Tunsil would be one of those most idiotic moves of all time.

Completely agree with this ... the price to get up to #1 from 8 is astronomical, that's why you rarely see it done even when it's a few spots. The only way you can justify a trade like that is for a Franchise QB like an Andrew Luck. Even then it's still a very risky move (as we saw with RG3), but at least I could live with it. Selling the farm for an OT? It's Friday night, so maybe some people aren't thinking straight :)

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree with this ... the price to get up to #1 from 8 is astronomical, that's why you rarely see it done even when it's a few spots. The only way you can justify a trade like that is for a Franchise QB like an Andrew Luck. Even then it's still a very risky move (as we saw with RG3), but at least I could live with it. Selling the farm for an OT? It's Friday night, so maybe some people aren't thinking straight :)

lol, I feel like I'm in the twighlight zone sometimes on these boards.

Reactions: ctc

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again for those that can't read,
I at no point am saying I want to trade Cox, but the bottom line remains to go from 8-1 a top player and or tons of draft picks have to be given up.... Knowing what Cox is gonna command in a new contract, it's only natural his name be mentioned.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again for those that can't read,
I at no point am saying I want to trade Cox, but the bottom line remains to go from 8-1 a top player and or tons of draft picks have to be given up.... Knowing what Cox is gonna command in a new contract, it's only natural his name be mentioned.

I can't believe you want to trade Cox!! :D

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the Ravens, Steelers, and Packers draft (usually), is to let the draft come to them, or trade back for more picks. that's why they rarely draft a "bust" in the early rounds especially.

I hope we do the same.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if another thought might be using Agholor #8 and next years one might be an option with Tennesee. I could see them being interested in Agholor. Not that I am anxious to get rid of him but.... It may make some sense.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt anyone is too interested in Agholor. He had a subpar rookie season.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Bradford so screw trading up for a QB. Draft D, sign Cox and roll on with Schwartz.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not giving up on Agholor. He was one of my favorites in the draft last year. He has a lot of talent, and will be a star.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not giving up on Agholor. He was one of my favorites in the draft last year. He has a lot of talent, and will be a star.

Agreed, I'm not giving away Agholor unless we get great value in him in a trade up for Wentz. His value is going to be low after a poor rookie year though, and I think he will be a sick WR once he grows into the NFL. Not all these kids make the transition to the NFL after one year. I expect a big jump this year.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kind of funny how all these reporters make such a big deal about these QB meetings..... The Eagles have to meet with these QB's if they plan on taking one or not. If one of them falls to 8 they have to know everthing about these guys to put a value on them. If the Rams or another team would call and want to move up to 8 the Eagles would then have a better idea on what they would want in return to move back.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, spotted having dinner with Wentz after a rumored private workout in Fargo.

They are definitely kicking the tires on a trade up, or have one worked out already. Maybe Wings is right about Cox being dealt.... :eek::eek::eek:

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this is all just a smoke screen to keep another team from jumping ahead of us to get the guy we really want. :D :D