• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round Tracker 2016

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid.

Polo G&CC was that course I played and it got me again...had a snow man on both sides but managed to score under 90 this time, had four "3s" on the card to save it...44-43...didn't keep stats this round...we played this game I'd never played before...poker golf...lot of fun.

So much so that I'm getting that game....keeps it fun, nobody loses much money.

About 8 years ago I ran across this company in Ohio who sold scratch off cards that looked like this:

upload_2016-4-12_9-41-10.png

You basically scratch off every time you meet or beat your target score on a hole (e.g. par). You then have a winning hand for best 5 cards for front nine, back nine & overall. It was a lot of fun. You would basically buy the cards from them for like $1 a piece (cheaper if more are bought). I believe that they never followed through on the idea & eventually went under (the related site no longer works).

Too bad - this was a great idea & kept a round exciting regardless of how everyone was playing on a given day.

Attachments

• upload_2016-4-12_9-36-35.png
    upload_2016-4-12_9-36-35.png
    145.3 KB · Views: 25

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About 8 years ago I ran across this company in Ohio who sold scratch off cards that looked like this:

View attachment 106435

You basically scratch off every time you meet or beat your target score on a hole (e.g. par). You then have a winning hand for best 5 cards for front nine, back nine & overall. It was a lot of fun. You would basically buy the cards from them for like $1 a piece (cheaper if more are bought). I believe that they never followed through on the idea & eventually went under (the related site no longer works).

Too bad - this was a great idea & kept a round exciting regardless of how everyone was playing on a given day.

Interesting.

This one has 9 or 10 poker chips...the negative chips are water, trees, 3 putt, sand, 8ball...the positive chips...wildcard, back to back par, birdie, 1putt green.

Simple...each chip has a $1 value. If you hit a ball in the water on #9, you get the water chip, if I hit it in the water on #11 you pass the chip to me...if no one else goes in the water and I'm holding the water chip at the finish, I pay each player $1.

If you hold a positive chip at the end, each player gives you a $1.

I held 4 chips last week...wildcard, 1 putt, birdie, and water so I received $3 from each player for those and paid out $1 for the water chip...net gain was $2 from each player.

Keeps you engaged...light hearted fun.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.

This one has 9 or 10 poker chips...the negative chips are water, trees, 3 putt, sand, 8ball...the positive chips...wildcard, back to back par, birdie, 1putt green.

Simple...each chip has a $1 value. If you hit a ball in the water on #9, you get the water chip, if I hit it in the water on #11 you pass the chip to me...if no one else goes in the water and I'm holding the water chip at the finish, I pay each player $1.

If you hold a positive chip at the end, each player gives you a $1.

I held 4 chips last week...wildcard, 1 putt, birdie, and water so I received $3 from each player for those and paid out $1 for the water chip...net gain was $2 from each player.

Keeps you engaged...light hearted fun.

Are you using your own or standard chips or are these special chips that are provided by another company? If the latter do you have the web site?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stood on the par 3 8th tee last evening at 3 over. Blocked my approach out to the right....wdged to the edge of the green. No biggie, up and down for bogey leaves me breaking 40 with a par on 9.

Lipped put the bogey putt.....fuck!...now I'll need birdie. Piped a great drive down the middle. I had a 9 iron left but the pin was at the back so I took an easy 8. Absolutely pured it right to the flag and the ball rolled off the back of the green. Had about 12ft over the fringe and a slight right to left break.

DRAINO!

39!

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice recovery to break 40.

I kept blocking my irons the other day to the right while driving dead straight. Went to the range yesterday and right away started hitting my irons pure. Finished with about 10 balls with the driver and maybe only hit 5 straight. Oh well, one of these days I'm hoping to put it all together again and break 80, which I did a few times last year.

Now I'm sitting around the house all weekend in what looks like beautiful golf weather. Hoping that I'll be able to play in a tourney next Saturday, but I won't attempt it if I still feel sore next week after this morning's surgery. I think I'll be good to go though.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played today for the first time since my heart surgery. (this is the 3rd summer since)

Not a game ya wanna take 3 years off of.....I played alright tho. Killed my drives on 8 and 9, and had a couple other decent strokes. Felt good to get out.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stood on the par 3 8th tee last evening at 3 over. Blocked my approach out to the right....wdged to the edge of the green. No biggie, up and down for bogey leaves me breaking 40 with a par on 9.

Lipped put the bogey putt.....fuck!...now I'll need birdie. Piped a great drive down the middle. I had a 9 iron left but the pin was at the back so I took an easy 8. Absolutely pured it right to the flag and the ball rolled off the back of the green. Had about 12ft over the fringe and a slight right to left break.

DRAINO!

39!

Birdie to close is always good...Way to stay focused...got one sub 40 for 9 in myself this early season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played today for the first time since my heart surgery. (this is the 3rd summer since)

Not a game ya wanna take 3 years off of.....I played alright tho. Killed my drives on 8 and 9, and had a couple other decent strokes. Felt good to get out.

Good to hear you got out!

Probably able to manage expectations pretty well....I've been told many times, the once a week golfer plays just enough to have expectations, but not enough to realize them...that's me now, and I see some truth in that statement.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think golfing right after hitting the weights is not helping.

Played nine holes Friday through Sunday. Friday I shot a 54 and then shot 42 on Sat. and Sun. Was really shanking my irons on Friday.

Now if i could just start getting some distance with the driver...been working on a couple of things, but when you pop it up 50 yds off the tee, it can make for a fairly high score.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played Pinehurst #1, Mid-Pines, and Tobacco Road last few days. All great courses, every golfer should bucket list Tobacco Road

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played Pinehurst #1, Mid-Pines, and Tobacco Road last few days. All great courses, every golfer should bucket list Tobacco Road

Great trifecta for a week!!

Even though I've heard it's not really the best of the lot of there, but I couldn't go to Pinehurst and not play #2. I've heard great things about #8, Mid Pines and Tobacco Rd.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday I had family in town and took off work early for some rare weekday golf.

We went out to the west side of town...damn near in Alabama to play a Fazio track named The Frog.

I would say it's top 4 of the public access courses I've played here and I've played most of the good ones in the metro area.

Greens had to be rolling 11 to 12 and the greens had enough undulation to keep your attention on the greens.

42-50...back 9 featured back to back snowmen to kill that side...just a slew of 3 putts...not looking at the card I'd say 5 on the 1st 18.

Rather than sit in traffic driving back the 80+ miles home, we played another 9.

Even thru 5, bogey on 6, par, par...get to 9 +1 to par and hacked up 9...left in the trees off the tee, had a gap to go thru, but trying to play it smart I punched out and had 130 in...decent shot, 20' above the pin with my 3rd...promptly 3 jacked again for a 6...39

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time out post 'snip'. Best thing about the day.....I didn't hurt myself and am only feeling some soreness in my back/shoulders.

Our team didn't play great (5 under), but we had fun and didn't finish last. I had some really good shots and was able to work the ball with a little draw when I wanted, but also had some bad shots. I think I was hanging back a little with my hips today for obvious reasons and threw some of my timing off on the bad shots.

All in all, a good day that will continue with a Beatles Tribute concert in a few hours.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing tomorrow. First time in about a year. I need to remember to post when I get done.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a game with "business" contacts so I will most likely be sober. Which will knock my score up about 10 strokes. :nod:

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a game with "business" contacts so I will most likely be sober. Which will knock my score up about 10 strokes. :nod:

I hear ya!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played the Frog again on Sat. on a promo price.

Rains slowed the greens, but still a hellavu challenge...88 this time, struck the ball okay, but still a boatload of 3 putts...feel like a tour player here lately playing so many different tracks this month. Haven't play my quasi-home track at all this month.

With overnight temps staying in the 50s...May should usher in true fairway grass and better conditions overall...hopefully better scores...updated thru Sat. round...my index is creeping 12.4

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking the best thing I have in my bag to lower my score is a pencil with an eraser.