• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round Tracker 2016

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm beat after walking 18 on a hilly 9 hole course in mid 80s heat. Ended up shooting my best round of the season with an 82 (45/37). I wasn't hitting the ball cleanly or consistently on the front and luckily my short game kept it from getting too far out of whack. The second time around I found a decent grove and my lone birdie of the day on a downhill par 3 158 yarder. Hit a 9 iron that took a hop before rolling right passed the hole finishing 5 feet away.

Had two really nice sand saves that finished within 18 inches of the hole, one of which was a pretty long shot across the length of the green. My sand outs have always been pretty consistent and I'm glad I've got my short game to where it is, but there is always room for improvement. Would love to put together a complete round one day this year and shoot in the 70s.

Wasn't it you who was saying you just picked the game up within the last couple of years?

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't it you who was saying you just picked the game up within the last couple of years?

No, not quite. I played back in the 90s while in middle/high school and then maybe 4-5 rounds over the last 10 years until last year. I started playing again with my old Wilson clubs from Walmart and could never get consistent full swings that I found out may have been caused by using regular flex shafts with a swing speed 105+. I bought a new set of clubs 11 months ago (Rocketbladez and SLDR metals with stiff shafts) and immediately started hitting more consistent with a pickup of 30-50 yards on the driver and a couple clubs with the irons.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played Ridgecrest Golf Club in Boise, ID this morning. Pretty cool course with lots of challenging holes. Played from the tips and shot an 86. Not too shabby considering the 20-30mph winds that we were getting. On some holes it was easily a 2 club difference with the wind. I was sailing greens with my 56deg from 130yds. Started choking up on my clubs and punching to keep my shots down. Tough day, but I'm happy with it. Left quite a few strokes on the greens but that's nothing out of the norm.

I pulled that track up...good playing...nearly 7k yds...breaking 90 is damn good playing! Especially in that kind of wind!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm beat after walking 18 on a hilly 9 hole course in mid 80s heat. Ended up shooting my best round of the season with an 82 (45/37). I wasn't hitting the ball cleanly or consistently on the front and luckily my short game kept it from getting too far out of whack. The second time around I found a decent grove and my lone birdie of the day on a downhill par 3 158 yarder. Hit a 9 iron that took a hop before rolling right passed the hole finishing 5 feet away.

Had two really nice sand saves that finished within 18 inches of the hole, one of which was a pretty long shot across the length of the green. My sand outs have always been pretty consistent and I'm glad I've got my short game to where it is, but there is always room for improvement. Would love to put together a complete round one day this year and shoot in the 70s.

As 9 hole tracks go, you had the benefit of playing that 9 again, but 37 is 37. Still gotta make it happen. Congrats!

You most likely will....I've only had one...77, this year, but for the most part feeling pretty good about my game...putting has been inconsistent...mid 80s temps? I would be gleeful...as it is, I'll probably be cutting back on afternoon golf for a while now...that's where the best prices are of course, but I struggle in this 90+deg/75 to 80% humidity...you're sapped by 14 or 15....I'd rather pay more and get out at 7 or 8 now.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep banging my head up against the wall on this, but one day I will learn golf and 100 deg index don't mix for me.

Three weeks ago, I played in a large skins group...teed off at 12:40...shot 39 front...45 back.

Two weeks ago..had a 7:03 time and shot 44 front 36 back (1st even par side of the year)

Last weekend...played in this large skins game again...another noonish start...38-50...totally lost it on the back...had a 4 putt, a shank, my game is not that great obviously, but just too freakin hot. I did win 3 skins worth $60 so the round was free and had change left for lunch, but I'm gonna go early or not go out for a while.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna go early or not go out for a while.

I don't even know what golf is after 10am.

In the last 20 years and the next 20 ...if I'm at a golf course (not including being at the bar) and it's after 11am or so ..it's the start of a bachelor party.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm having the best year that I ever have at golf....got all the equipment figured out and am doing better with reg flex shafts.

So, on Friday we played a challenging course called Rockledge in West Hartford, CT. I've played it about 5 times and 82 was my best score. Two of my friends are good players but I was medalist on Friday.

I managed to make three doubles and a bogey on the front....dammit!! 43

Then I turned it around and one bird and one bogey later, I was on the 16th still 7 over on this par 72 track. I needed to par out for 79 and I bogeyed 16....shit.

On 17 I hit a good drive and realized as we're running out of light that I left my club back on the 16th and had to go back. I return and of course my group is all at the green. I flush a short iron to the middle of the green and holy shit, I rolled in a long birdie getting back to 7 over.

The 18th at Rockledge is a bear and I've never parred it. Light is fading fast now and I wanted this par BADLY! Piped a good drive and had a 6 iron left to the sloped green with the flag in front so I took a 7 to be sure I didn't get above the hole. Flushed the shot beautifully but it was too dark for us to see but sure enough, there was my ball just short of the green.

Got down there and pitched it to 6ft directly under the hole. Knees shaking, I just said don't leave this fucking thing short. I managed to make a pure stroke and draino...even par on the back for a 79! My buds both managed 81s.

This was the icing on the cake of a great season.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Struggled in the league a bit last night so I needed par on 9 to stay under 40.

Hit a decent drive and was torn between jumping on a 9 or taking an easy 8. Took the 8 and swung easy and of course flushed it....hit the green and went over the back. The pitch was from heavy rough and I caught it too firmly and went 15ft past the pin.

Man I wanted that putt badly...haven't been out of the 30s in two months.

DRAINO! 39~

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Struggled in the league a bit last night so I needed par on 9 to stay under 40.

Hit a decent drive and was torn between jumping on a 9 or taking an easy 8. Took the 8 and swung easy and of course flushed it....hit the green and went over the back. The pitch was from heavy rough and I caught it too firmly and went 15ft past the pin.

Man I wanted that putt badly...haven't been out of the 30s in two months.

DRAINO! 39~

Sub 40 is pretty good golf in almost any group.

I almost always play 18, but I have I think 5 times I was sub 40 for 9 holes this yr so far...one finished at 77, one a 79, ironically my lowest 9 of the yr so far was 36 (even par) but it followed a 48.