• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Richard Sherman Can't Let Go" (Very Long ESPN Feature Story)

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BINGO

I also didnt have a problem with "A Pass Play"

But they couldnt have created a more ideal situation for Bill to defend

Splitting Lynch out wide, removing the threat of a run, in a run situation, was absolutely the dumbest part of that play.....And thats when BB decided he wouldnt use a timeout when the world thought he would

Than designing a play for literally the worst WR on your roster in that spot

And like you said, not giving Wilson the run/pass option in that spot

That worst receiver was more than capable of catching a damn slant pass. Good fucking god, it was a fucking SLANT pass, not a statue of liberty fucking play.

Carroll didn't 'remove' the threat of a run because the whole fucking NE team was lined up in jumbo to STOP THE FUCKING RUN!!!!!!!

(you don't get to make up your own reality)

Two guys diagnosed the play when Lockett tipped it by leaning, they were Browner and Bulter. Butler (even knowing the play) would still allow a TD or an incomplete pass 90 times out of a hundred. Butler was PERFECT on that play.

But yeah, Carroll's time management on that drive was horrible. Big stage, big stakes.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BINGO

I also didnt have a problem with "A Pass Play"

But they couldnt have created a more ideal situation for Bill to defend

Splitting Lynch out wide, removing the threat of a run, in a run situation, was absolutely the dumbest part of that play.....And thats when BB decided he wouldnt use a timeout when the world thought he would

Than designing a play for literally the worst WR on your roster in that spot

And like you said, not giving Wilson the run/pass option in that spot
In interviews after the game Bill said he saw some confusion on the Hawk sideline so he didn't want to help them regroup by calling a TO for them.
Agree motioning Lynch out of the backfield was dumb. I've said it since that faithful day, right after the game as all the 12s up here were screaming at me. That a play action roll out and RW could likely have crawled into the EZ.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh if you want to broadside Carroll for his time management in that game, please, feel the fuck free. That was horrible. If he'd done a better job at that, he wouldn't have had to worry about stopping the clock again.

What he wasn't a 'dumbass' for was calling a pass on the fateful play.

Again, in HINDSIGHT, I wanted him to roll Wilson out, (where he could throw the ball away if the pass or run was covered by B +B,) but oh well, don't get hindisght in life.

Bingo

I also didn't ha
In interviews after the game Bill said he saw some confusion on the Hawk sideline so he didn't want to help them regroup by calling a TO for them.
Agree motioning Lynch out of the backfield was dumb. I've said it since that faithful day, right after the game as all the 12s up here were screaming at me. That a play action roll out and RW could likely have crawled into the EZ.

That's why BB is the best ever

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. Well we know why that pisses you off so much, that's YOUR thing.
Oh you mean like when I bring up your spelling Nazi awards:laugh3:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That worst receiver was more than capable of catching a damn slant pass. Good fucking god, it was a fucking SLANT pass, not a statue of liberty fucking play.

Carroll didn't 'remove' the threat of a run because the whole fucking NE team was lined up in jumbo to STOP THE FUCKING RUN!!!!!!!

(you don't get to make up your own reality)

Two guys diagnosed the play when Lockett tipped it by leaning, they were Browner and Bulter. Butler (even knowing the play) would still allow a TD or an incomplete pass 90 times out of a hundred. Butler was PERFECT on that play.

But yeah, Carroll's time management on that drive was horrible. Big stage, big stakes.
Some 12s (actually a lot) may disagree that Lockette was the worst receiver. In walks Kearse.
Don't forget I'm a curse fan. Oops Kearse

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh you mean like when I bring up your spelling Nazi awards:laugh3:

Who brought up spelling between the two of us? Uh, that would be you... sergeant.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question. Are you mentally challenged?
LOL, isn't that what I just ask you in comment #171? Apparently you are not smart enough to know what goes on in a NFL practice. In case you missed it last time, I will repeat it. In NFL practices, both defense and offense always trash talk each other. Actually there is trash talking going on in "every" NFL game.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some 12s (actually a lot) may disagree that Lockette was the worst receiver. In walks Kearse.
Don't forget I'm a curse fan. Oops Kearse

Some Hawks fans like to invent their own reality too. Kearse wasn't going to have a horrible year until last year.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question. Are you mentally challenged?
This is what you posted in comment # 170. "No that's what Sherman said to RW during a practice". I replied with my comment #171, "NFL practices are always like this, the defense and the offense always trash talks each other". Can you keep up?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did. I think Seattle got a bit confused initially when Kearse made that miracle catch. Nobody thought it was a catch at first and they sort of stood around wondering. A lot of time came off there too.

That and BB not using his Time-out might have played a role in the pass decision... Again.... I don't think it was the wrong call.. Just didn't work out..

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wrote this on a different thread, but I think it's worth repeating:

Can we stop pretending that it was guaranteed that Lynch would have scored? He would have have been stuffed at the goal line. Don't think so? Prove me wrong. Sometimes defenses do that -- sometimes The Patriots defense does that. I've seen it happen. That's football. Or maybe he coughs it up, who knows? Any way you look at it, coaching decisions and play calls are part of the game. Interceptions are part of the game. The Seahawks didn't lose that game. The Patriots won it.

:2cents:

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and BB not using his Time-out might have played a role in the pass decision... Again.... I don't think it was the wrong call.. Just didn't work out..
Good point, if that play would have worked out, then it would have been a great call. Give Butler credit, he made a great play. IMO, the Hawks were fortunate to be in that position, after Kearse's juggling catch.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In hindsight, Butler had knocked Kearse OB so the clock stopped.

It was after that though that Lynch carried and time kept running.

Did Wilson take a timeout somewhere there too because he couldn't get the play off?

I'm not near my PVR so I can't confirm....

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't for the simple fact it's not public knowledge. But to sit there and think another player hasn't called another player in practice is crazy. There grown ass men that want to win at all costs, and to think they just go out there and are "PC" all the time is wrong.......

You know what Doom I have read something else where a defensive player called out an offensive player, :scratch:
it was either Singletary or LT, I'll research this weekend. It was in one of their books....
Telling a Player "You Fucking Suck" Is Not calling them out, at least in anyway that can be considered Good or Helpful.

Especially when this Outburst is borne from Hatred.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you talking about Brady, when you stated "I did, It was Reported after the INT, he Screamed "You Fucking Suck"? That's an example right there.
No I was talking about what was Reported in the Article about Sherman and Wilson.