• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Richard Sherman Can't Let Go" (Very Long ESPN Feature Story)

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I know but 1 yard to go with the Superbowl on the line with beast mode turned up to 11

I'm glad they passed.

I'm fine with a pass play called, just the wrong pass play was called.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in hindsight

Everyone in America thought Carroll was a dumbass on that play, as soon as Lynch was set in motion

Especially after Lynch just rumbled easily for about 9 yards on the previous carry

Pete doesn't call offensive plays.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He genuinely 100% believes that he was put on this planet by God to play football. He was not lying when he thought the Superbowl loss was part of God's plan for him. Not trying to trash religion, but man, he is absolutely fanatical.
Geez, to some degree I agree with some of what you say. He does come across as a company dude, the religious thing is just weird and some might object, but don't see him forcing it on his teammates, so doubt that's a problem IMO. Think some of the players just feel he isn't black enough, screw those that feel that way.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, to some degree I agree with some of what you say. He does come across as a company dude, the religious thing is just weird and some might object, but don't see him forcing it on his teammates, so doubt that's a problem IMO. Think some of the players just feel he isn't black enough, screw those that feel that way.

Who knows. Tbh who cares, as long as the team wins. It appears to have been a very well researched article (assuming that the un-named sources are actually legit), but in the end it's just gossip. It seems the team has had these issues for a while now and it doesn't appear to have impacted play on the field.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wrote this on a different thread, but I think it's worth repeating:

Can we stop pretending that it was guaranteed that Lynch would have scored? He would have have been stuffed at the goal line. Don't think so? Prove me wrong. Sometimes defenses do that -- sometimes The Patriots defense does that. I've seen it happen. That's football. Or maybe he coughs it up, who knows? Any way you look at it, coaching decisions and play calls are part of the game. Interceptions are part of the game. The Seahawks didn't lose that game. The Patriots won it.

:2cents:

We have no way of knowing if Lynch would have been stuffed or not. Stats say probably so but on any given play he could have broken through.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's far from being an in your face Joho or Mormon knocking on your door.

But it's not far from the first thing he might mention in an interview.

No Kenny Stabler for sure.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
90 degree angles for sure.

He always says the same spiel, win or lose, high score or 6 points.

And the Seattle offense gets a pass even if they shit the bed.

National media might give them a pass but I would think most Seahawks fans would be hell bent if the offense shit the bed. I refuse to give them a pass for putting up 6 points when they have plenty of talent on offense.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
90 degree angles for sure.

He always says the same spiel, win or lose, high score or 6 points.

And the Seattle offense gets a pass even if they shit the bed.

Gets a pass? From whom? Sure Wilson keeps a stiff upper lip in bad loses, nobody should have a problem with that. Guess some would like to see him wail and gash his teeth, but really is that admirable? I think not.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Gets a pass.'

Meh. Big fucking meh.

Did the defence get a pass for blowing assignments/communication in several games? Yep. Nobody was lined up against a wall and shot, or traded to Cleveland.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Gets a pass.'

Meh. Big fucking meh.

Did the defence get a pass for blowing assignments/communication in several games? Yep. Nobody was lined up against a wall and shot, or traded to Cleveland.

I don't think that's true. No one got a pass on how they all played last season.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's true. No one got a pass on how they all played last season.

But the narrative is that one side is held to a different standard. I don't think that's true. Just because Richard yells at guys, doesn't mean that Pete treats the O and D differently.

Pete actually believes all that positivity shit. If he didn't the wheels would have fallen off LONG ago.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the narrative is that one side is held to a different standard. I don't think that's true. Just because Richard yells at guys, doesn't mean that Pete treats the O and D differently.

Pete actually believes all that positivity shit. If he didn't the wheels would have fallen off LONG ago.

Pete does have a method to his madness.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did a hockey documentary years ago, and interviewed a guy about a particular hard-ass coach. He made the point then that coaches like that eventually lose the room. And they ALL do, eventually. Negative motivation only lasts so long, then guys tune you out.

Reading between the lines in that story, I suspect that Sherman Smith was probably the source for the stuff he wouldn't go on the record for as well.

I think that what sticks in Sherman's craw is that nobody on the O is yelling at guys like he yells at guys.

That's just not Wilson's style. He's going to be doing what he did in the NFCCG against the Packers, keeping guys 'up' even when they've been shitting the bed for 3 quarters.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gets a pass? From whom? Sure Wilson keeps a stiff upper lip in bad loses, nobody should have a problem with that. Guess some would like to see him wail and gash his teeth, but really is that admirable? I think not.

Party Line GOP 1, CCCP 1........

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Gets a pass.'

Meh. Big fucking meh.

I dunno.

I'll admit I listen to "sport's talk radio" on my way home.

The guys have these 2 guests named Marvez and Furness? I think? Big NFL Seattle sports media sorts?

They seem to agree on "getting a pass".

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno.

I'll admit I listen to "sport's talk radio" on my way home.

The guys have these 2 guests named Marvez and Furness? I think? Big NFL Seattle sports media sorts?

They seem to agree on "getting a pass".

Never heard of them. I listen to Brock Huard's podcast on the Hawks, and occasionally to John Clayton's too.

What's 'getting a pass,' mean exactly? Compared to what? Did Pete chew out Sherman after this play?

Nope. That doesn't happen in Pete's world. Pete tells Chancellor and Sherman that they're all pros and they talk about how they managed to get their signals crossed.

Hook me up with some specifics if you can, but I'm calling bullshnit.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if you want to argue that 'getting a pass' = not benching somebody on O, then yep. But that's a huuuuuge stretch.

Who the fuck were they going to bench on the culpable part of the O last year? One of the already overmatched O-linemen? And replace one of them with whom?

And again, in the six blown leads in the season above from the video, who got 'benched' among the LOB or the linebackers or D-line?

Nobody.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think The Seahawks are the only team in history to lead the league in fewest points allowed 4 years in a row, and they came very close to making it 5 in a row.
Carrol not only coached those years, he built the team from near scratch.
For some reason their SB against NE is the only one I didn't see in the past 40 or so years, I just wasn't in the mood, I might watch it online sometime. It pass attempt was a bad call because it didn't work, if it had worked, it would have been genius.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of them. I listen to Brock Huard's podcast on the Hawks, and occasionally to John Clayton's too.

What's 'getting a pass,' mean exactly? Compared to what? Did Pete chew out Sherman after this play?

Nope. That doesn't happen in Pete's world. Pete tells Chancellor and Sherman that they're all pros and they talk about how they managed to get their signals crossed.

Hook me up with some specifics if you can, but I'm calling bullshnit.

The guys I mentioned are both supposedly on Seattle radio station talk shows.

Only saying what I've heard. Offense get's "excused" for sucking.