• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: Red Sox actually sweep a series, Both NY teams win & other baseball happenin's

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved his 100% air three pointer in Game 1...don't think he even had a hand in his face on that one.
Larry Bird probably barfed and then cracked up.
As great as he is, I still see LBJ as a guy who tries to overpower the game more than as a true master of it.
he is a very good player

he is

but hes not on the same court as MJ, and the league is so different now vs jordans prime...you cant compare it.

i am trying to find the stat i heard about lebron late in finals games, like 0-5 or 0-6 in the final minute too.

the press conferences after are getting really funny too. its ALLLLLLLLLLLL about you, lebron.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is a very good player

he is

but hes not on the same court as MJ, and the league is so different now vs jordans prime...you cant compare it.

i am trying to find the stat i heard about lebron late in finals games, like 0-5 or 0-6 in the final minute too.

the press conferences after are getting really funny too. its ALLLLLLLLLLLL about you, lebron.

Magic was about LBJ's size and just had a more complete skill set...he could also play the physical game as evidenced when he played center to cover for a migraining Kareem. Bird was also more skilled, but was pretty wimpy compared to LBJ.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic was about LBJ's size and just had a more complete skill set...he could also play the physical game as evidenced when he played center to cover for a migraining Kareem. Bird was also more skilled, but was pretty wimpy compared to LBJ.
magic played CENTER in that playoff game for kareem.

CENTER

and he dominated.

lebron is a 6-8' freak athlete, but he isnt on the same level as a lot of guys who came before him, fundamentally.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is this LeBron y'all keep talking about? :eek:

FUCK THE NBA
he invented the crab dribble, hair plugs for B_lakes and holds the record for most times crying in a playoff game.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There might be bigger surprises this season, but how is Mike Pelfrey pitching like he's pitched so far this year. Seems so unlikely that a nine year vet just out of the blue finally "gets it".

I keep saying I don't see this lasting and then he goes out and pitches another gem. Crazy.

Yesterday was a day game too!! His era at night is like low to mid 1s.

Added a split finger pitch and so far so good.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ek7iQZ9.gif

damn..that blonde chick really got clocked!!

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope that lady who took the bat barrel to the head is going to be OK!!!
Wonder if it was a maple bat...ash usually doesn't break that way.

That was awful!! I don't think I have seen anything quite like that before(at least that I can remember). The doctors are saying that she is going to survive. Who knows how bad the injuries are, but at least she isn't going to die from that. How scary.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the sad part is, dirt n the rest of the sheep are eating up what ESPN is spoon feeding them about how awesome lebron is.

That is the sad part. It would be much better if they were eating up what you're spoon feeding about how awesome he's not.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense doesn't do anything for a pitcher, unless you're talking about the opposing offense.
Try thinking outside the box....
A good offense can score the runs needed to negate numerous sub par outings by a particular pitcher.....and his defense..as you must well know, provides the necessary fielding acumen to save his ass many times over the course of a season.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you like basketball, those three are still worth watching, in my opinion, regardless of whether you prefer the college game to NBA.

Maybe someday, TD. I haven't watched any NBA in about 4-5 years and I don't plan on starting now.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Change of scenery?
And I remember reading somewhere he altered his mechanics with the help of his pitching coach....so there's also that. But sometimes for whatever unexplained reason, the light just suddenly turns on for certain people.
It also happens in football too w/ some QB's.

Phil Hughes did something similar last year. interestingly, it was with the Twins as well.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the sad part. It would be much better if they were eating up what you're spoon feeding about how awesome he's not.
i deal in realities.