• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete Carrol hints 2 injuries might force retirement

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No running game, average kicker, no pass rush. .

Average kicker? He was last in the NFL in FG% 72%... He was one of the worst FG kickers in the NFL this season...

I would add penalties as another main reason we didn't make the postseason... We led the NFL with 181 flags... Miami was 2nd with 161 flags... Carolina had 102 penalties if that gives you any idea... 79 more penalties from us than the Panthers... That's almost 5 more penalties a game we had than they did...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett has more dead money and only gets like $2 mil in savings so it almost doesn't make sense to cut him.

Which is why I think there is a strong possibility we try to trade Bennett to accumulate some much needed draft picks... We only have 1 pick rounds 1-3... Trading Bennett makes sense... If we can land a 4th or 5th, i'd be happy...

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only the Rams are getting stronger.

Arizona is on a steep decline.
San Fran is run by a bunch of idiots and I don't seem them exceeding .500 any time soon.

Yes they are and you may be right about their winning percentage but I do like that Garappolo kid. Wish the Packers had a "backup" like him.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they are and you may be right about their winning percentage but I do like that Garappolo kid. Wish the Packers had a "backup" like him.
We will see how he looks after teams get film on him and an offseason to prepare. Love what he's done so far though.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers has already missed more games to injury than Brady has and that's with Brady missing an entire season with an ACL. Also, Brady has been in the league 5 years longer and has been a starter 7 years longer.

I'm not saying go look for a QB in the next draft, but Brady has been the benefit of both a phenomenal workout regiment and phenomenal luck. Not something everyone can repeat.

Oh so like Rodgers has missed one more game than Brady in their careers so far ok

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again.

We got Russ, Clark(I'm sure Your QB knows about him), Reed, Wright, Wagner( Who might i remind folks is A DPOY canadiates), Coleman, Griffen( who did a remarkable job at CB).

Will we have a 9-7 year again next. Probably but g8ve us a year.

We WILL BE BACK
Minus Russ, Wright, Wags and a lesser extent Clark the rest are meh. Let's not make this sound like they are anywhere on par with the LOB they'll be replacing in Sherm, ET and Kam. Heck Coleman couldn't even make a pathetic Pats secondary. As mentioned in post #53 by @SeattleCoug there doesn't appear to be a quick fix. As every year goes by so does some of RWs magic. He's already been slowed down by a piss poor Oline and injuries. I don't see thi improving as he ages. He'll never be a statue like a Brady but he'll also not likely be a super successful pocket passer.

Sure maybe for Coleman it was the system he couldn't learn? Maybe he'll surprise us? Sure maybe Russ becomes a pocket passer?
I just wouldn't be banking on it. Likely one of the reasons JS is rumored to be looking at GB he knows he struck gold in the 2010 draft and this window is closing.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam would be (not arguing that)
Avril has already been

49ers are stronger
Rams: I think people now will got tape on Goff and Gurley. A little weaker.
Cardinals: Really. No QB, Average Defenses
I disagree on your Rams assessment. As for AZ Palmer is retiring they'll likely be in the Cousins or possibly Eli (not sure that's an upgrade) sweepstakes. Or one of the top QBs coming out this year.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No running game, average kicker, no pass rush.

If they upgrade one of those 3, they would be in the playoffs. The pass rush will be the most difficult to fix. It should start with releasing Bennett and resigning Richardson.
For a decent running game you need an Oline and a RB that can stay healthy.
Kickers don't grow on trees otherwise Seattle would've replaced Blair this season. There just aren't many average kickers out there. Clark has supposedly replaced Avril.

So with limited cap (depending on what happens in the off season) and possible loss of ET, Avril and possibly others. A terrible O line. Need at WR and TE if you don't bring JG back.

Where are they going to find all these upgrades in one off season that are better than what Seattle put out this year considering every other team in the division improved.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More people were dinged up and the usual ineffective OL

People who will return
Other teams had multiple injuries as well but they made the playoffs.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully for another 5 years or so. On the same token, if Seattle doesn't do something to shore up their O-Line, Wilson may not last that long.

I drive a highway everyday to work.

Some of those dead deer I see at roadside have taken a big smack and not gotten up.

I honestly have to say that the Wee One has taken some huge smacks and still gotten up. There's always the next one to worry about but he is seemingly beyond sturdy.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea he fucks it all up and wants to leave just stay the fuck away from Green Bay. Seattle has limited cap space and no 2cnd or 3rd round draft picks this next draft as he chased free agents that did not help the team.

Stay away from GB
He's a good GM. He struck gold in 2010. He sees the light at the end of the I-90 Seattle tunnel. He figures he can go to GB and repeat what he did in Seattle. Build a great D around a stud QB.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Average kicker? He was last in the NFL in FG% 72%... He was one of the worst FG kickers in the NFL this season...

I would add penalties as another main reason we didn't make the postseason... We led the NFL with 181 flags... Miami was 2nd with 161 flags... Carolina had 102 penalties if that gives you any idea... 79 more penalties from us than the Panthers... That's almost 5 more penalties a game we had than they did...

That is your own fault.

You saw first hand that easy field goal Walsh missed 2 years ago and then you saw (or should have seen) how bad it fucked him up last year.

Then you kept letting him screw up over and over again.

That is all on Pete.

Hauschka is laughing his ass off at you right now.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i honestly dont think SF is as bad as people say, they need to keep adding pieces around the QB

AZ on the other hand...they could use some work
Both these teams along with Seattle had major injuries this season.
AZ will find a QB and D. Johnson will return they improve right there and always seem to give Seattle fits anyway.
SF good D and a new QB. Good draft position with enough picks to move around and do damage.

I wouldn't sleep on either team.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is your own fault.

You saw first hand that easy field goal Walsh missed 2 years ago and then you saw (or should have seen) how bad it fucked him up last year.

Then you kept letting him screw up over and over again.

That is all on Pete.

Hauschka is laughing his ass off at you right now.

Walsh is a scrub

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avril can be replaced with a mid round pick.

It's not like he's Bobby Wagner.