• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete Carrol hints 2 injuries might force retirement

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both these teams along with Seattle had major injuries this season.
AZ will find a QB and D. Johnson will return they improve right there and always seem to give Seattle fits anyway.
SF good D and a new QB. Good draft position with enough picks to move around and do damage.

I wouldn't sleep on either team.

Forgot about davey johnson

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Average kicker? He was last in the NFL in FG% 72%... He was one of the worst FG kickers in the NFL this season...

I would add penalties as another main reason we didn't make the postseason... We led the NFL with 181 flags... Miami was 2nd with 161 flags... Carolina had 102 penalties if that gives you any idea... 79 more penalties from us than the Panthers... That's almost 5 more penalties a game we had than they did...
Lack of discipline will do that. Like many of us said over the past couple years everything is good when you're winning. When you start to lose everything gets magnified.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again.

We got Russ, Clark(I'm sure Your QB knows about him), Reed, Wright, Wagner( Who might i remind folks is A DPOY canadiates), Coleman, Griffen( who did a remarkable job at CB).

Will we have a 9-7 year again next. Probably but g8ve us a year.

We WILL BE BACK

A better kicker gets to 11 wins

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is your own fault.

You saw first hand that easy field goal Walsh missed 2 years ago and then you saw (or should have seen) how bad it fucked him up last year.

Then you kept letting him screw up over and over again.

That is all on Pete.

Hauschka is laughing his ass off at you right now.

Uhhhmmm... It's not my fault... I didn't choose him...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lack of discipline will do that. Like many of us said over the past couple years everything is good when you're winning. When you start to lose everything gets magnified.

A few Hawk fans haven't been naïve to this... I knew this day would come... I think we'll right the ship in '18...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minus Russ, Wright, Wags and a lesser extent Clark the rest are meh. Let's not make this sound like they are anywhere on par with the LOB they'll be replacing in Sherm, ET and Kam. Heck Coleman couldn't even make a pathetic Pats secondary. As mentioned in post #53 by @SeattleCoug there doesn't appear to be a quick fix. As every year goes by so does some of RWs magic. He's already been slowed down by a piss poor Oline and injuries. I don't see thi improving as he ages. He'll never be a statue like a Brady but he'll also not likely be a super successful pocket passer.

Sure maybe for Coleman it was the system he couldn't learn? Maybe he'll surprise us? Sure maybe Russ becomes a pocket passer?
I just wouldn't be banking on it. Likely one of the reasons JS is rumored to be looking at GB he knows he struck gold in the 2010 draft and this window is closing.

There's good pieces on the team besides RW, KJ, Wags and Clark. Here's the quick fix...draft one of the top 5 K's, fire Cable and get a fresh pair of eyes and scheme on the o-line. As long as RW is in town, the window will sty open.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is your own fault.

You saw first hand that easy field goal Walsh missed 2 years ago and then you saw (or should have seen) how bad it fucked him up last year.

Then you kept letting him screw up over and over again.

That is all on Pete.

Hauschka is laughing his ass off at you right now.

Hated letting Haush go, hated even more when Walsh signed.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's good pieces on the team besides RW, KJ, Wags and Clark. Here's the quick fix...draft one of the top 5 K's, fire Cable and get a fresh pair of eyes and scheme on the o-line. As long as RW is in town, the window will sty open.
Oh no doubt there are other good players on the team still. However, good players don't just replace great ones.I was just responding to the players @Judge Fudge had listed. The players I listed are the ones from his list I think are studs.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no doubt there are other good players on the team still. However, good players don't just replace great ones.I was just responding to the players @Judge Fudge had listed. The players I listed are the ones from his list I think are studs.

Gotcha! The only reason this team won't progress is if Cable is still running the show on the o-line. I so hope some damn team takes him.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha! The only reason this team won't progress is if Cable is still running the show on the o-line. I so hope some damn team takes him.
I think they suffer next year. Just looking at what we have to go on right now. Potential loss of key players. Potential cap issues. Limited draft picks. Lots of holes to fill on the oline and to replace the potential key losses. Just my opinion.