• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete Carrol hints 2 injuries might force retirement

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree about WR... We need a running game...
Yes the Hawks need a running game and that starts with a good O-line. There is nothing wrong with the Hawks WR's.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walsh is a scrub

Not really. He's just an absolute head case, he got the yips like so many other kickers before him that missed big kicks. He had "Buyer Beware" written all over him and Seattle chose to ignore ynasty.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the Hawks need a running game and that starts with a good O-line. There is nothing wrong with the Hawks WR's.
I disagree. Collectively they're pedestrian. They have average to above average speed thanks to Lockette. They do have good hands and fight for the ball very well. But the major part of their success comes from RWs scrambling ability. Heck even I could get open after Russ runs around for 8 seconds.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Collectively they're pedestrian. They have average to above average speed thanks to Lockette. They do have good hands and fight for the ball very well. But the major part of their success comes from RWs scrambling ability. Heck even I could get open after Russ runs around for 8 seconds.
Baldwin, Lockett, Paul Richardson and Graham are all above average receivers. That group is just as good as any in the NFC West.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minus Russ, Wright, Wags and a lesser extent Clark the rest are meh. Let's not make this sound like they are anywhere on par with the LOB they'll be replacing in Sherm, ET and Kam. Heck Coleman couldn't even make a pathetic Pats secondary. As mentioned in post #53 by @SeattleCoug there doesn't appear to be a quick fix. As every year goes by so does some of RWs magic. He's already been slowed down by a piss poor Oline and injuries. I don't see thi improving as he ages. He'll never be a statue like a Brady but he'll also not likely be a super successful pocket passer.

Sure maybe for Coleman it was the system he couldn't learn? Maybe he'll surprise us? Sure maybe Russ becomes a pocket passer?
I just wouldn't be banking on it. Likely one of the reasons JS is rumored to be looking at GB he knows he struck gold in the 2010 draft and this window is closing.

Correct. I think Hawks fans need to accept it won’t be a quick fix. As I mentioned earlier dead money and lack of draft capital will make it tough for there not to be holes in 2018. I’d prefer they stay quiet in FA and get comp picks for guys like Graham and the two Richardsons (Sheldon, Paul) walking. Really it will hopefully start with building an offensive coaching staff that can get the most out of Wilson.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin, Lockett, Paul Richardson and Graham are all above average receivers. That group is just as good as any in the NFC West.
I think you're giving them more credit than they deserve.

Without pulling stats I'd say all the NFCW teams are fairly close and I certainly wouldn't put any of them top 10-12.

SF was a disaster to start the year. However, Garcon, Kittle and Goodwin would rank very close to the Sea receivers. Maybe higher if they had a QB all year.

AZ again a QB issue but I bet they match up close with Fitz, Gresham, Nelson and Brown.

LARs receivers I think are the class of that division. Austin, Kupp, Watkins and Woods.

Jimmy Graham should be the star of that team. There is no Gurley or Johnson on Seattle. Graham often disappears from games. He seemed to put a superb effort in the EZ this year. Strange it's a contract year coming up. Collectively I think all the NFCW teams are pretty close but I would say trade the NE receivers for any of them. I paraphrase all the QB injuries in that div this year. That certainly didn't help.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Without pulling stats I'd say all the NFCW teams are fairly close and I certainly wouldn't put any of them top 10-12.

SF was a disaster to start the year. However, Garcon, Kittle and Goodwin would rank very close to the Sea

Areceivers. Maybe higher if they had a QB all year.

AZ again a QB issue but I bet they match up close with Fitz, Gresham, Nelson and Brown.

LARs receivers I think are the class of that division. Austin, Kupp, Watkins and Woods.

Jimmy Graham should be the star of that team. There is no Gurley or Johnson on Seattle. Graham often disappears from games. He seemed to put a superb effort in the EZ this year. Strange it's a contract year coming up. Collectively I think all the NFCW teams are pretty close but I would say trade the NE receivers for any of them. I paraphrase all the QB injuries in that div this year. That certainly didn't help.

Agree with a lot of that...Way too much inconsistency from Seattle WR"s to call them above average.....Each of those guys completely dissappear for games at a time

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with a lot of that...Way too much inconsistency from Seattle WR"s to call them above average.....Each of those guys completely dissappear for games at a time

I'd call Baldwin the only real reliable option. Graham is probably great in a different offense but in Seattle he came only useful for goal line passes. Richardson is dynamic but just isn't reliable enough. Lockett I think flashed as a rookie but hasn't yet recovered from the two injuries he had in 2016

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 of them maybe, but Baldwin always shows up.
Not really. He makes big catches for a lot of yards after he gets wide open due to RWs scrambling. That's why people think he's money.
In Seattle he's their WR1. On many teams he'd be lucky to be a WR2.He's not a great route runner.

Someone was using the last five games as a barometer earlier so I'll use that as well. Angry Doug, down the stretch run had a total of 17 catches in 5 games. The team went 2-3 during that time.

On the season he had 9 of 16 games were he didn't have a TD as the #1 target. He only had 3 games this year where he had more than 5 catches.

Sorry I disagree he always shows up.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SF was a disaster to start the year. However, Garcon, Kittle and Goodwin would rank very close to the Sea receivers. Maybe higher if they had a QB all year.

Damn good comment.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. He makes big catches for a lot of yards after he gets wide open due to RWs scrambling. That's why people think he's money.
In Seattle he's their WR1. On many teams he'd be lucky to be a WR2.He's not a great route runner.

Someone was using the last five games as a barometer earlier so I'll use that as well. Angry Doug, down the stretch run had a total of 17 catches in 5 games. The team went 2-3 during that time.

On the season he had 9 of 16 games were he didn't have a TD as the #1 target. He only had 3 games this year where he had more than 5 catches.

Sorry I disagree he always shows up.

If Baldwin was a Patriot......

He is clutch. Tough.

Here I am defending a Seahawk again....

I could give a fuck about barometers, the whole team played like shit down the stretch.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Baldwin was a Patriot......

He is clutch. Tough.

Here I am defending a Seahawk again....

I could give a fuck about barometers, the whole team played like shit down the stretch.

I mentioned the barometer just because I didn't want people to say I was cherry picking.
If he in fact made any clutch catches as a Patriot I would agree. But considering the NE offense is so much about timming I don't see it. He'd be the #3 at best on NE. Hogan, Dola and Edelman are all better route runners. Gronk would also get more targets than Angry Doug.

Hank you need to check your supplier. I think they're lacing your pot with something. All this Seattle love you've been showing lately:doobs:

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Angry Doug is a top receiver. He has an excellent release and runs great routes. He is the best receiver at dragging his toes that i have ever watched. The idea that he only makes big plays because Russell scrambles is false. I googled Doug Baldwin highlights and got last years, not this years. I watched all the games this year and i an tell you or a fact that majority of his catches were with Wilson in the pocket.

Watch the video and tell me how many catches are from Wilson extending the play for 8 seconds.