• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete Carrol hints 2 injuries might force retirement

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angry Doug is a top receiver. He has an excellent release and runs great routes. He is the best receiver at dragging his toes that i have ever watched. The idea that he only makes big plays because Russell scrambles is false. I googled Doug Baldwin highlights and got last years, not this years. I watched all the games this year and i an tell you or a fact that majority of his catches were with Wilson in the pocket.

Watch the video and tell me how many catches are from Wilson extending the play for 8 seconds.

Like the Wee One, he plays a lot bigger than 5'10".

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angry Doug is a top receiver. He has an excellent release and runs great routes. He is the best receiver at dragging his toes that i have ever watched. The idea that he only makes big plays because Russell scrambles is false. I googled Doug Baldwin highlights and got last years, not this years. I watched all the games this year and i an tell you or a fact that majority of his catches were with Wilson in the pocket.

Watch the video and tell me how many catches are from Wilson extending the play for 8 seconds.
Really? You want to dispute #s with a highlight reel? Come on. I've also watched just about every game.

Numbers don't lie. He's Seattle's #1, getting paid like a #1 on a team with no running game. Yet he disappears because of his inability to run crisp routes consitently. Note how Kearse is now catching balls at an alarming rate. That's not a ding on Baldwin it just is what it is. It's one of the reasons he went undrafted. Granted the Seattle offense and oline doesn't help with timming patterns. He had a remarkable season in 15 when he had 14 or 15 TDs. Which got him noticed and a pro bowl in 16 after like 6 TDs? Other tban one year with 90 catches he hasn't even had an 80 catch season. He's collected lots of yards off of broken plays mainly.

I agree and already mentioned, almost all the Seattle WRs are great at fighting for the ball. They have good hands.Baldwin does get good seperation at the line on most occassions. He's had some amazing catches. Toe tapping way to subjective to call him the "best" unless you're talking strictly Seattle WRs?

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Really? You want to dispute #s with a highlight reel? Come on. I've also watched just about every game.

Numbers don't lie. He's Seattle's #1, getting paid like a #1 on a team with no running game. Yet he disappears because of his inability to run crisp routes consitently. Note how Kearse is now catching balls at an alarming rate. That's not a ding on Baldwin it just is what it is. It's one of the reasons he went undrafted. Granted the Seattle offense and oline doesn't help with timming patterns. He had a remarkable season in 15 when he had 14 or 15 TDs. Which got him noticed and a pro bowl in 16 after like 6 TDs? Other tban one year with 90 catches he hasn't even had an 80 catch season. He's collected lots of yards off of broken plays mainly.

I agree and already mentioned, almost all the Seattle WRs are great at fighting for the ball. They have good hands.Baldwin does get good seperation at the line on most occassions. He's had some amazing catches. Toe tapping way to subjective to call him the "best" unless you're talking strictly Seattle WRs?

We will have to agree to disagree on route running. Baldwin disappears not because he’s not open but because of the olines inability to protect Russell. You are the first person I have ever seen that says Baldwin doesn’t run good routes, and i read a lot of criticism of the Seahawks.

The highlight reel was specifically to show that he does not get most of his yards from broken plays. His best plays are all catches from the pocket. I would guess ten percent percent of his yards come from broken plays.

Here is all his catches against the Titans this year. He had ten receptions for 105 yards and a td. ZERO receptions from broken plays. Don’t worry, i will post other games as well. He is a great receiver even if the numbers don’t show it.

Top Plays Of Sunday | Week 17

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
13 for 171 and a td. ZERO receptions from broken plays. This is 2016, but I posted it because it was a big game for him. Also, they don’t post videos of every reception by a receiver for every game.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have to agree to disagree on route running. Baldwin disappears not because he’s not open but because of the olines inability to protect Russell. You are the first person I have ever seen that says Baldwin doesn’t run good routes, and i read a lot of criticism of the Seahawks.

The highlight reel was specifically to show that he does not get most of his yards from broken plays. His best plays are all catches from the pocket. I would guess ten percent percent of his yards come from broken plays.

Here is all his catches against the Titans this year. He had ten receptions for 105 yards and a td. ZERO receptions from broken plays. Don’t worry, i will post other games as well. He is a great receiver even if the numbers don’t show it.

Ok I've got it. You have a man crush. What other team in the NFL is he a number 1 on? I'm sure there might be one or two, I can't think of them. He's great for Seattle because he's all they have.

Would a great receiver who gets seperation at least top 15 in your eyes? Here's a list of 16. From Dougs probowl season.
Antonio Brown leads Top-10 No. 1 WRs in separation.

Don't worry I can find more if you need them?

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sounds like you are changing the subject. Are you agreeing that your previous comment that Baldwin gets most of his yards from broken plays is incorrect?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin vs Giants. 9 for 92 and a td. ZERO receptions from broken plays

You can stop posting highlight films. I stopped watching after the first one you posted. These are not Russ Wilson highlights so you're not seeing the scramble plays. Those wouldn't highlight Doug. They highlight Russ. Just like you said they don't show everything.

Also do you understand what a broken play is? A broken play isn't just a scramble. Missed coverages, pick plays, fumbled snaps, an RB going the wrong way... are also broken plays.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you are changing the subject. Are you agreeing that your previous comment that Baldwin gets most of his yards from broken plays is incorrect?
You're the one who introduced seperation to support your position. I simply posted an article by an NFL writer with no bias that disputed your claim.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like you said we'll just have to agree to disagree.
I'll end the way I started. Baldwin is a #1 WR on Seattle. Being paid like a # 1. Likely a 2 or 3 on most WR heavy teams. He fights for the ball with the best of them. Especially considering his size.He makes some great catches. He disappears on occassion (partly because of the Seattle O and Oline). Even though he's Seattle's # 1 option. It is what it is.

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You're the one who introduced seperation to support your position. I simply posted an article by an NFL writer with no bias that disputed your claim.

I’m still confused. Are you standing by your comment or not? I will happily respond to your new topic of separation once you clarify this for me.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m still confused. Are you standing by your comment or not? I will happily respond to your new topic of separation once you clarify this for me.
What's confusing? You introduced seperation I responded to it. I stand by everything I post. Unlike you I guess?

Did you not introduce seperation to support your claim how a bunch Doug's yards weren't attributed to broken plays? Broken plays not just scambles?

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Like you said we'll just have to agree to disagree.
I'll end the way I started. Baldwin is a #1 WR on Seattle. Being paid like a # 1. Likely a 2 or 3 on most WR heavy teams. He fights for the ball with the best of them. Especially considering his size.He makes some great catches. He disappears on occassion (partly because of the Seattle O and Oline). Even though he's Seattle's # 1 option. It is what it is.

I agree with that, I believe it is very accurate actually. The only thing you have posted that I strongly disagree with is that Baldwin gets most of his yards from broken plays.

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What's confusing? You introduced seperation I responded to it. I stand by everything I post. Unlike you I guess?

Did you not introduce seperation to support your claim how a bunch Doug's yards weren't attributed to broken plays? Broken plays not just scambles?

We will have to end it there. You are factually incorrect about your second statement, and if you are going to stand by factually incorrect statements then I am no longer interested in discussing. I didn’t bring up separation, I brought up route running. You brought up separation and then said i brought up separation. Separation is just one aspect of being a receiver. Tom Brady leads the league in yards and I saw zero patriots receivers on your separation list.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I've got it. You have a man crush. What other team in the NFL is he a number 1 on? I'm sure there might be one or two, I can't think of them. He's great for Seattle because he's all they have.

Would a great receiver who gets seperation at least top 15 in your eyes? Here's a list of 16. From Dougs probowl season.
Antonio Brown leads Top-10 No. 1 WRs in separation.

Don't worry I can find more if you need them?
Without thinking about it too hard, so im probably wrong ive got
Bills
Jets
Ravens
Browns
Cowboys
Redskins
Panthers
49ers

however I would like to get a a WR about 6ft 2.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has an excellent release is where you get seperation. This was your first post on this subject. Then you added he runs great routes. I showed you both of these statements were inaccurate.

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You can stop posting highlight films. I stopped watching after the first one you posted. These are not Russ Wilson highlights so you're not seeing the scramble plays. Those wouldn't highlight Doug. They highlight Russ. Just like you said they don't show everything.

Also do you understand what a broken play is? A broken play isn't just a scramble. Missed coverages, pick plays, fumbled snaps, an RB going the wrong way... are also broken plays.

They are not highlight videos they are videos of all catches in a particular game for Baldwin. And your previous comment
Not really. He makes big catches for a lot of yards after he gets wide open due to RWs scrambling. That's why people think he's money.

You originally said this. I posted evidence that this is not the case. And now you have changed it from Russell Wilson scrambling to any play where something goes wrong a little bit, like the running back going the wrong way. In the videos I posted there were actually no catches made by Baldwin on scrambling plays. And these were all the catches he made in those games. The scramble plays would show up if Baldwin was catching the ball in them. Their absence is strong evidence of what i said.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fight, fight! Snoopy and Lucy are having a fight!!
No, no we're not. I'm done with his verbal judo. He continues taking things out of context as well as out of sequence. He contradicts himself. In one of his posts he calls them a highlight film. Now they aren't:L He uses superlatives like the "best" and "greatest". I don't know maybe he only watches the Hawks? Quite typical of the circa 2012 12s. Then when he's challenged he moves the goal posts. Blair Walsh and he should become buddies.

I stand by everything I said on here as well as the articles I posted.

This was fun while it lasted.:couch2::pop2: