• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Perfect Regular Season for UK

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck am I agreeing with? You shitting all over UK fans? i sure as shit AM NOT. I'm sure you've said something that I agree with. It would be difficult to be that big of a contrarian cockbag. But whatever it is that you think I agree with you on has no bearing on what a cockbag you've been lately.

And I sure as shit don't want to see a fucking UofL avatar. Nice try though.
Hahaha. Not agreeing with what the original poster said is the same thing as agreeing with me since I didn't agree with him. You're an idiot

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha. Not agreeing with what the original poster said is the same thing as agreeing with me since I didn't agree with him. You're an idiot

I was agreeing with him, you fucking idiot. He's worried about how UK plays. You're worried about who UK plays. That's why I even clarified the point later on.

I guess since you seemed to miss his point entirely, it's no big surprise you missed mine too.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm worried about the SEC Championship. If they wake the Big Dance undefeated, they will go 40-0

I was agreeing with him, you fucking idiot. He's worried about how UK plays. You're worried about who UK plays. That's why I even clarified the point later on.

I guess since you seemed to miss his point entirely, it's no big surprise you missed mine too.

Yup, that first post (and the one I commented on) definitely says he's worried about HOW UK plays.

If you really think that the challenge of beating Arkansas tomorrow is harder than the challenge of maintaining the excellence they have shown they are capable of for three straight games (very possibly) AGAINST THE THREE BEST TEAMS THEY HAVE PLAYED ALL SEASON then you're, again, an idiot.

Doesn't mean they won't do that. They probably will (or maybe not even have to because of upsets). But if it happens, it will easily be the toughest challenge they face and to say I'm "whiny" for pointing that out just shows you're a bitch.

But I'm not pointing out what plenty of other people who have ended up in arguments with you haven't already figured out

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great season for UK, congrats on the undefeated regular season.

It'll be a shame for y'all when we end your season at 39-1. :suds:

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, that first post (and the one I commented on) definitely says he's worried about HOW UK plays.

If you really think that the challenge of beating Arkansas tomorrow is harder than the challenge of maintaining the excellence they have shown they are capable of for three straight games (very possibly) AGAINST THE THREE BEST TEAMS THEY HAVE PLAYED ALL SEASON then you're, again, an idiot.

Doesn't mean they won't do that. They probably will (or maybe not even have to because of upsets). But if it happens, it will easily be the toughest challenge they face and to say I'm "whiny" for pointing that out just shows you're a bitch.

But I'm not pointing out what plenty of other people who have ended up in arguments with you haven't already figured out

Well since he doesn't even know who's going to be in the SEC Championship, it's pretty obvious he was talking about HOW UK plays, not WHO.

You act like UK playing THE THREE BEST TEAMS THEY HAVE PLAYED ALL SEASON is going to be some unique challenge for UK. That's going to be true of pretty much any team that makes it to the championship game. Unless of course there are a bunch of upsets, but those never happen in the tournament, right?

No, you don't really care about that though, you just want to be the guy to shit all over anybody that expresses the slightest bit of confidence in their team. A+ Buddy. Nice job.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the players just said the SEC tournament title means nothing to them. That's why they may be more likely to slip up tomorrow.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alley oops and dunks up by 30 with less than a minute left? Hell, as long as Kentucky doesn't win the title, I'll be happy.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope UK plays Arizona. Really do. Will blow their doors off

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, you keep saying that. But why do you think that?
Arizona is a team that could win it all if they didn't play UK, but UK is a terrible matchup for them. Similar styles of play, but UK is bigger and deeper. Zona would score about 45

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona is a team that could win it all if they didn't play UK, but UK is a terrible matchup for them. Similar styles of play, but UK is bigger and deeper. Zona would score about 45

I have to agree. Based on talent alone, I think Zona is the 4th best team in the country. But I don't think anyone outside of Duke or Wisconsin beats UK more than 1 time out of 10.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree. Based on talent alone, I think Zona is the 4th best team in the country. But I don't think anyone outside of Duke or Wisconsin beats UK more than 1 time out of 10.
Agree on Duke and Wisconsin, both have the 3 point shooters and system to hang if they are shooting well and UK has an offday. I think Zona, Gonzaga and Virginia would be in a matchup bind

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Kentucky beat UCLA by like 40 points?
Doesn't work like that. If it did, you could ask why Kentucky didn't beat A&M by 30 because that's how much they beat Auburn by and A&M lost to auburn.

I'm not sure if UK plays a legit zone that they have worked on throughout the year or if they are all man. If they played zone against Arizona we would score 45, maybe less. It is our biggest weakness on offense. I am terrified of playing Baylor because of that. But if they play exclusively man we will have a chance because we do match up in many ways. And besides, what makes you think you could score easily on Arizona's defense when you haven't seen a defense like that all year and have had plenty of games where you had trouble scoring the ball.

To think you'll blow the doors off of a team that plays elite defense and, when they lose, they only lose tight, closely contested ballgames is interesting to me. I don't think we would beat UK, but I think there is very little chance we would get blown out.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK is almost exclusively a man team. They rely heavily on switching. It helps to have Cauley-Stein as the main guy switching. He is the most athletic big in the country. His defense is amazing. Most try to take him to the hole and it doesn't work out well. You need a guard capable of the that step back jumper. I think everyone is aware of the help defense. Teams that have bigs that can play outside have given the defense problems. I think a bad ass pg could also do damage. Key being drive and dish, because UK will collapse with multiple 7 footers. Only way to have prolonged and repeatable success is to spread them out. If UK can sag off your perimeter players it is game over. You need to make enough 3s to keep them honest, shoot well in the mid-range, and make multiple cuts to catch those shot blockers being over aggressive.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it's heating up a bit on the old forum. Gonna be a lot of fun on here over the next few weeks.

And if you are a UK hater..."May the 'possum of paradise crawl into the ass end of your boxers and commence biting your sorry azz

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK is almost exclusively a man team. They rely heavily on switching. It helps to have Cauley-Stein as the main guy switching. He is the most athletic big in the country. His defense is amazing. Most try to take him to the hole and it doesn't work out well. You need a guard capable of the that step back jumper. I think everyone is aware of the help defense. Teams that have bigs that can play outside have given the defense problems. I think a bad ass pg could also do damage. Key being drive and dish, because UK will collapse with multiple 7 footers. Only way to have prolonged and repeatable success is to spread them out. If UK can sag off your perimeter players it is game over. You need to make enough 3s to keep them honest, shoot well in the mid-range, and make multiple cuts to catch those shot blockers being over aggressive.
This is right on. Their biggest advantage IMO, is that Cal can put WCS straight up on your best scorer, whether he is 6'2 or 7', and he will lock him up, while still having a shot blocker(or two) under the basket, while a 7' is on a perimeter guy. When he is on a big, they man tight against the shooters because a drive to the basket end up getting swatted. They may be the best defensive team of all time. I'm betting the field goal % would back that up. Maybe the Pay Ewing Georgetown bunch, maybe a 60's UCLA bunch, but this squad is right there

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Kentucky so bad. They haven't played anyone with our size and athleticism this year. I'll take Rondae and Stanley over their wings any day and our bigs match their size.

TJ McConnell would harass the Harrison twin defensively, and put tons of pressure on them that they didn't get in the SEC. I'm not saying AZ would win, but I promise it would be a close game and come down to the final minutes. If anything Arizona is a bad matchup for Kentucky and not vise-versa. When we play our A game we can beat anyone.