• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Perfect Regular Season for UK

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
31-0, now the hard part begins. More pressure with every game, each team knowing they'll have a piece of history if they can end the undefeated season....

I think the Cats are gonna pull it off

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats!!

But this is just setting up a harder fall in a few weeks!!

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they pull it off too. When they bring it, they are unbeatable.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats!!

But this is just setting up a harder fall in a few weeks!!
I'll be honest, I'm more worried about the SEC tourney, silly as that sounds. I know the teams will be better in the Big Dance, but if UK gets there 34-0, I think they are going to bring their A game and let folks deal with taking their best shot

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Cats. Our Gators hung in, but the size and depth was just too much and Kentucky ran us off the floor the last 9 minutes.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this might sound kinda crazy, but a loss in the SEC tournament could be a good thing for UK. It would take tons of pressure off them and get that whole "perfect season" monkey off their back for the tournament that actually matters.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this might sound kinda crazy, but a loss in the SEC tournament could be a good thing for UK. It would take tons of pressure off them and get that whole "perfect season" monkey off their back for the tournament that actually matters.

I think in general that philosophy has some merit but I'm not sure if it applies to this team. Have you watched them play much down the stretch? They still seem really lose, but really composed. I'm nut sure they have a monkey on their back. If anything, it's a carrot dangling in front of them.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think in general that philosophy has some merit but I'm not sure if it applies to this team. Have you watched them play much down the stretch? They still seem really lose, but really composed. I'm nut sure they have a monkey on their back. If anything, it's a carrot dangling in front of them.
I totally agree. I think a loss might lead to a letdown

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very true. They never seem to get too down on themselves no matter what the score is, but if they're feeling pressure against LSU, Georgia, etc… once the tourney comes along that pressure multiplies against much stronger competition in a neutral site. But the fact that they always seem composed is exactly why I think a loss could serve them well in a way and bring them together. I see your side of it too though.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree. I think a loss might lead to a letdown
i could live with them having a let down.... :dhd:
Very true. They never seem to get too down on themselves no matter what the score is, but if they're feeling pressure against LSU, Georgia, etc… once the tourney comes along that pressure multiplies against much stronger competition in a neutral site. But the fact that they always seem composed is exactly why I think a loss could serve them well in a way and bring them together. I see your side of it too though.
uk hasnt been pressured all year. playing from behind isnt necessarily pressure.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers will smoke em in the final four, you heard it here first

.....:yes:....:dhd:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the pressure ends when the first few tourney games are done, assuming they get there. At that pt, it is win or go home. You are no longer playing for history. You are playing for your college basketball life.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK wins because of their extreme depth. They are not tired the last 5 minutes of a game and their shooters still have legs to bury 3's and play top level defense. It has nothing to do with pressure; they are just better than everyone else when the game is on the line. I heard yesterday they have 8 players averaging 15 minutes a game. No other team comes close. Their high scorer, Andrew Harrison averages just 11 points a game. I don't think there is another quality team in the country who's high scorer has that low of an average. Point is, there is no way to take a player out of the game and beat the rest.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK wins because of their extreme depth. They are not tired the last 5 minutes of a game and their shooters still have legs to bury 3's and play top level defense. It has nothing to do with pressure; they are just better than everyone else when the game is on the line. I heard yesterday they have 8 players averaging 15 minutes a game. No other team comes close. Their high scorer, Andrew Harrison averages just 11 points a game. I don't think there is another quality team in the country who's high scorer has that low of an average. Point is, there is no way to take a player out of the game and beat the rest.

Cincinnati has 7 guys who average 15+ minutes. Probably why they and UK play such good defense.

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've continued to make this point and have to agree with Trolly here... I don't think this team is worried about losing nearly as much as they're focused on winning AND making history in the process.

Again, the non-conference schedule along with a hand full of very tough (environment wise) road games have put this team in position to win.

The SEC tourney is here in Nashville which will ultimately be a very pro-UK crowd. Also, even if they drop one in the SEC tourney, they're still going to be the overall # 1 seed which will allow easy travel for the BBN. My point to all of this is the fact that they've played in and won in the toughest environments already. That is more beneficial (in my opinion) than a loss at this stage in the season.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for them but imagine the letdown if they lose early in the tourney.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Respect where respect is due. Not easy to go undefeated in any conference under any circumstances. Congrats.

But now the season that actually matters is about to start :)

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But now the season that actually matters is about to start :)

I'm feeling pretty good about UK's chances in the tourney. As long as they ride that defense...I feel they'll get to turn that horse loose down the homestretch. I don't think it will be a Secretariat finish...but I don't think it will be neck and neck either.