• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember, there are two different limitations on scholarships, 25 max per year, and 85 total.

PSU will lose 10 per year, giving them 15 max and 75 total in year one, and 15 max and 65 total for the remaining years of the penalty.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm still alittle shocked all this is happening. Not the typical NCAA procedures here, and I'm hoping the public gets to eventually see something officially in writing from the NCAA side.

I'm thinking that this will help Pitt, Syracuse, and Maryland in their football rebuilding, thus helping the ACC and indirectly Tech. Our team will probably get some direct benefit somewhere along the line too. It seems that the design of the sanctions are to encourage immediate transfers so that Penn State can't even keep up with 65 total scholarships limit at 15 per year. The money is probably going to hurt PSU's Olympic sports too.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think this is way too harsh and the NCAA just saw this as a way to collect $60 million. It's almost always about the money. The NCAA is full of corrupt pigs just like law enforcement, governments and anyone else with power

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is way too harsh and the NCAA just saw this as a way to collect $60 million. It's almost always about the money. The NCAA is full of corrupt pigs just like law enforcement, governments and anyone else with power

Except for the fact that the money isn't going to the NCAA

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I think this shows that the NCAA wants to flex its muscles, but doesn't have the investigative capabilities to hand out punishments that it would like. The Freeh Report, plus testimony from the Sandusky Trial gave the NCAA everything it needed to determine punishment quickly. Hopefully, they consider incorporating an investigative team to speed up the process in future cases.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The money goes to charity genius. The penalties are too harsh you say? So setting back a schools football program is too much of a punishment for a school covering up a child molestation case for 13 years? Yeah, you're probably right.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The money goes to charity genius. The penalties are too harsh you say? So setting back a schools football program is too much of a punishment for a school covering up a child molestation case for 13 years? Yeah, you're probably right.

Who's monitoring where it goes? Can they be trusted? There are loopholes to get around this stuff. Paterno is dead. Sandusky is going to wish he was. And nothing went on for 13 years

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't want any of these guys over the guys who chose us to begin with. If we have room for 1 or 2, fine. I am not moving a single guy on our roster though.

There are plenty of guys who chose us over the years and weren't worth a crap. Some programs are going to take advantage of this and get some of their talent. I just hope the VT coaches at least try to join in

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's monitoring where it goes? Can they be trusted? There are loopholes to get around this stuff.

Did you watch the ruling or at least read it??

the NCAA is going to have someone basically sitting on the campus of PSU for the next 5 years

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how the ESPN pundits are talking about how Bill O'Brien should talk to Lane Kiffin about recruiting and keeping the program afloat. I know ESPN spends about how the day broadcasting people who bull shit as hard as possible, but do they honestly think that PSU and USC are remotely comparable? Here's how Kiffin recruited: lined up a row of 30 slam pieces dressed in bikinis in the middle of Memorial Coliseum and said "These girls aren't even considered hot around here." If O'Brien called Kiffin he would just laugh and say good luck.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's monitoring where it goes? Can they be trusted? There are loopholes to get around this stuff. Paterno is dead. Sandusky is going to wish he was. And nothing went on for 13 years

are you serious? you've got to be shitting me right now

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion, but it sucks that the players get affected by all this when they had nothing to do with it. But the NCAA couldn't just stand by, I understand they had to act and act harshly.

This just makes me think about Miami. They blatantly cheated for 20 years. In terms of punishment, something similar to this would be appropriate to me. Hopefully Emmert feels like the HNIC right now and slams the U

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big10 piles on

Because Penn State will be ineligible for bowl games for the next four years, it will therefore be ineligible to receive its share of Big Ten Conference bowl revenues over those same four years. That money, estimated to be approximately $13 million, will be donated to established charitable organizations in Big Ten communities dedicated to the protection of children.

hokiecat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion, but it sucks that the players get affected by all this when they had nothing to do with it. But the NCAA couldn't just stand by, I understand they had to act and act harshly.

This just makes me think about Miami. They blatantly cheated for 20 years. In terms of punishment, something similar to this would be appropriate to me. Hopefully Emmert feels like the HNIC right now and slams the U

Yeah, I am very curious how Miami gets sanctioned. The U keeps on cheating and cheating.

Regarding PSU, this is a virtual death penalty. I don't see how you recruit any good kids in the next couple of years. "Come to PSU. You'll be on TV (just like a Conf USA team) but you'll never be bowl eligible." And I think they could still make a bowl game in there but we're talking the lowest tier (Beef o'Brady) rather than BCS.

hokiecat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big10 piles on

Because Penn State will be ineligible for bowl games for the next four years, it will therefore be ineligible to receive its share of Big Ten Conference bowl revenues over those same four years. That money, estimated to be approximately $13 million, will be donated to established charitable organizations in Big Ten communities dedicated to the protection of children.

That is just low. Talking about kicking somebody when they are down. Does B1G have the authority to do something like that?

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Big10 piles on

To me, this seems correct. It would be wrong for them to get a share of the bowl money.

Yes the sanctions are harsh, but so was the infraction.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just low. Talking about kicking somebody when they are down. Does B1G have the authority to do something like that?

I think that is reasonable. If you are unable to potentially provide a bowl income, you shouldn't be able to claim other teams'.

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the Big Ten Conference Council of Presidents and Chancellors (COPC) were part of the Freeh investigation and they reserved the right to impose additional sanctions, which they did today.

Big Ten weighs in, adds to sanctions - NCAA.com