• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 year bowl ban
10-15 schollys per year for 4-5 years
NCAA investigation in program

This is conjecture. That rumor going around with the picture and list of penalties is flat wrong as the NCAA can't enforce three of those and one would give other teams competitive advantage.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We won't have to speculate long. They'll be announcing today. One insider said the penalties were such that they might wish for the "death penalty", but I really find that difficult to believe.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hearing possible TV ban as well but we shall see in 4 minutes. I hate to seem cut-throat but are we looking into any of the recruits that may transer. For instance I don't see Hackenburg staying committed to PSU now.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is no question that that program is going to get raided - particularly the high-profile commits for next year.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NCAA President Mark Emmert made the announcement Monday morning that the program would be hit a four-year postseason ban and a $60 million fine.

In addition, the school will be forced to cut 10 scholarships for this season and 20 scholarships for the following four years.

The school will be forced to vacate all wins from 1998-2011, a total of 112 victories.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's a big punishment, but not worse than the death penalty, unless the death penalty had only been for a duration of one year.

In order to affect recruiting, the penalty would have to be for about this duration.

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty harsh, but i was hoping/thinking it would be even worse.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yes! PSU just got the KO blow. i love it!

I'm not sure .. that that's how I'd put it .. From what I've read, Hackenberg is likely to be calling USC-e and Auburn first. I don't expect any decent recruit who committed to PSU and had other offers to stay committed. What's the point in playing for a program like that .. really?? Their talent pool will fall to FCS level and it'll take 5-10 years AFTER that to even make a ding in their tarnished reputation. I bet Pitt and Temple are going to capitalize BIG TIME from this though, including some B1G school (namely Indiana/Ohio schools) ... The real question is ... who will transfer immediately? Based on what I read, existing players can transfer without the 1-year penalty as well.

I'd have to imagine that Miami is going to get a significant slap (a few yr bowl ban), scholly reductions, and a fine. Hopefully, the scholly reductions affect Robert Lockhart :D

Last edited by a moderator:

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Their talent pool will fall to FCS level and it'll take 5-10 years AFTER that to even make a ding in their tarnished reputation.

I don't see that at all. They still have 75 scholarships, and can play on TV, just not in bowl games.

The $60 million is just one year of football receipts.

They'll have a few years of mediocre teams, but this won't kill the program, where a death penalty would have.