• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In Penn State's defense, SMU was done as a program. The people in Happy Valley are still trying to maintain that this isn't the case at Penn State. Only time will tell, right?

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Penn State accreditation in jeopardy due to abuse scandal - chicagotribune.com

It seems highly unlikely that PSU would lose its accreditation but if it did, I'd have to think that, long-term, it would be a more severe death blow to the university as a whole, a lot more serious than the death penalty would do to its athletic program.

I mean really .. who the hell would pay that kind of money and sacrifice to get a non-accredited degree ?? They would surely get booted out of the Big10 also ... I'd be shocked if this happened.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its more of a warning blow they are sending out to show the seriousness of what is going on and that it has a bigger impact than just football. It was a football coach that it started with but the cancer was in the administration as well.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing all that's happened to Penn State...

I kinda wish the Catholic Church played football in the NCAA.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't believe that Penn States sanctions were worse than the death penalty until today.

Now I realize that Penn State fans have to suffer while they watch their team atrophy away. You hate to see a team lose because they miss FOUR field goals and get an extra point blocked. All the while knowing that their kicker just transferred to a different school.

The worst part? The sanctions haven't really even started yet.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't believe that Penn States sanctions were worse than the death penalty until today.

Now I realize that Penn State fans have to suffer while they watch their team atrophy away. You hate to see a team lose because they miss FOUR field goals and get an extra point blocked. All the while knowing that their kicker just transferred to a different school.

The worst part? The sanctions haven't really even started yet.

....And losing to the Hoos sucks as bad as receiving the sanctions.