• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want any of these guys over the guys who chose us to begin with. If we have room for 1 or 2, fine. I am not moving a single guy on our roster though.
I totally agree. IF we were to go after some of them then I wouldn't want it to be at the expense of one of the guys we have left that is very high on our board, and even more so, handing out a scholly to one of the PSU guys instead of giving a walk-on a scholly that they have EARNED (no players really come to mind on this). I highly doubt that we go after, or land one of them, but a few that come to mind are guys that we recruited and I believe we made their final 5. Some of these guys have already been mentioned on this thread. Zack Zwinak and Eugene Lewis. I wouldn't be opposed to offering Derek Dowry (Virginia kid that we didn't look too hard at)an opportunity to walk-on and earn a scholly.

There are plenty of guys who chose us over the years and weren't worth a crap. Some programs are going to take advantage of this and get some of their talent. I just hope the VT coaches at least try to join in
There are also plenty of guys that aren't worth their scholarship at PSU and also plenty of unproven guys on PSU's roster that hasn't played a down and won't amount to shit (on the field). So what is your point?? Why don't you watch the film and let us know your evaluation fooz...:laugh:Every program whiffs on some recruits. Mark Irick may turn out to be the next Antonio Freeman and Eugene Lewis might ride the pine for Temple for the next 4 years. As a local radio personality always says (and there is alot of truth to it) 1/3 of your players will be studs, 1/3 will be duds, and 1/3 of them will be contributors. I don't care if you are Duke, or you are USC..that is the way it is..

Last edited by a moderator:

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I totally agree. IF we were to go after some of them then I wouldn't want it to be at the expense of one of the guys we have left that is very high on our board, and even more so, handing out a scholly to one of the PSU guys instead of giving a walk-on a scholly that they have EARNED (no players really come to mind on this). I highly doubt that we go after, or land one of them, but a few that come to mind are guys that we recruited and I believe we made their final 5. Some of these guys have already been mentioned on this thread. Zack Zwinak and Eugene Lewis. I wouldn't be opposed to offering Derek Dowry (Virginia kid that we didn't look too hard at)an opportunity to walk-on and earn a scholly.

There are also plenty of guys that aren't worth their scholarship at PSU and also plenty of unproven guys on PSU's roster that hasn't played a down and won't amount to shit (on the field). So what is your point?? Why don't you watch the film and let us know your evaluation fooz...:laugh:Every program whiffs on some recruits. Mark Irick may turn out to be the next Antonio Freeman and Eugene Lewis might ride the pine for Temple for the next 4 years. As a local radio personality always says (and there is alot of truth to it) 1/3 of your players will be studs, 1/3 will be duds, and 1/3 of them will be contributors. I don't care if you are Duke, or you are USC..that is the way it is..

You are a blind homer sparks. So Eugene Lewis was ok as long as he had a chance to be a Hokie? What is YOUR point? Penn St won 9 games with a much harder schedule than ours so I'd say there's some talent there. Who said I wanted the coaches to go after their scrubs? Keep laughing at my evaluation skills but my first post was about how I wish we got Francis Kallon. You'll get a good look at him the next 3-4 years since he's in the ACC

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big10 piles on

Because Penn State will be ineligible for bowl games for the next four years, it will therefore be ineligible to receive its share of Big Ten Conference bowl revenues over those same four years. That money, estimated to be approximately $13 million, will be donated to established charitable organizations in Big Ten communities dedicated to the protection of children.

Wish the ACC did the same for Miami and UNC.....only their share goes to the Coastal Division winner!!!! :rockon:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a blind homer sparks. So Eugene Lewis was ok as long as he had a chance to be a Hokie? What is YOUR point? Penn St won 9 games with a much harder schedule than ours so I'd say there's some talent there. Who said I wanted the coaches to go after their scrubs? Keep laughing at my evaluation skills but my first post was about how I wish we got Francis Kallon. You'll get a good look at him the next 3-4 years since he's in the ACC

No, Fooz. I am not a blind homer. Once again. I am realistic. You on the other hand will never be happy until VT lands Top 5 classes every year, and are winning BCS bowls to the tune of 50-0. I was simply using Eugene Lewis as an example. I like the guy and from what I read he looked to be a solid player. But that doesn't mean he is going to be better than Mark Irick?? Based simply on Rivals' fucking evaluations..oh yeah... according to them he will be infinitely better. I wouldn't mind Frank and Co. going after Lewis..but that doesn't mean he will be a great WR now does it??

And no, Penn St didn't play any harder of a schedule than VT did. Why is this, because they happened to play the MNChampion Alabama?? This schedule does not at all terrify me. It is quite comparable to our schedule last year.

Penn State 2011 Schedule - Nittany Lions Home and Away - ESPN

Furthermore their best win was against Iowa or Purdue...PURDUE!!! That's like us thumping our chests and saying..we beat Wake last year..gimme a break..

Anyways I don't want to get into another pissing match and start another foozball bah humbug thread. I will leave it at that....

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From ^^^ Article
Zach Zwinak going to Virginia Tech would make a lot of sense, as him originally signing with PSU was seen as a bit of an upset.
and...

For all the talk, it's nigh-impossible to see that group sticking together when even the ghastly Christian Hackenberg, who drank Bill O'Brien's kool aid as much as anyone, is now rumored to be looking around to SEC and ACC schools.
Wonder what he meant by that??? Haha

Nice links VTScores...

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF Lee. Are you a Hokie or are you a Terp??? Come clean...

dude I have the old school terp as my avi haha.... but if it weren't for my major i'd be a hokie not Terp... hope im not confusing anyone i promise this is not a :tj: situation ... all love

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a blind homer sparks. Penn St won 9 games with a much harder schedule than ours so I'd say there's some talent there.

Fooz cmon. Penn State's schedule was soft as shit. The fact that they won as many games as they did speaks to how poor that side of the division was. Also, did you ever watch a PSU game? They're offense was consistently like us versus clemson.

I'm not saying that we should raid their roster nor am I saying that our players are the best. But if one of their players who was high on our list comes to us inquiring about transferring, I say why not.

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eugene lewis has to be the only guy there tech really wants, joel caleb plus lewis would be a formidable duo on the outside

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You know what's soft? The ACC. I used to try to defend it but I can't anymore unless things change

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sparks brought up Penn St's entire roster as if VT coaches would be looking at everyone. I merely suggested 2 players from their last 2 classes. Not key cogs in their pitiful offense. Heck an offense could stink and still have 2 very good players in it so I don't where anybody is going with this

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You know what's soft? The ACC. I used to try to defend it but I can't anymore unless things change

This is a thread about Penn State. I believe you meant to post in the Realignment thread, or the "general whiners" thread.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC isn't all that different than the Big10 as far as conference strength goes in football IMO.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote from a Eugene Lewis article when he committed to Penn State.....

“I really knew last week,” Lewis said. “I was kind of debating between Penn State and Virginia Tech.”

He continued, “I had to go through and look at all the opportunities they offered, and the best ones were at Penn State for me — to play early and for my family to come see me play.”

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Quote from a Eugene Lewis article when he committed to Penn State.....

“I really knew last week,” Lewis said. “I was kind of debating between Penn State and Virginia Tech.”

He continued, “I had to go through and look at all the opportunities they offered, and the best ones were at Penn State for me — to play early and for my family to come see me play.”

Well, now he has a chance to re-think it.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How true is the rumor that the NCAA will hand out additional scholarships to schools who take PSU players?