• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Overrated/Underrated Coaches per CBS Sports

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not into avatar bets. I like mine too much. I think USC has too much for Texas this year.
I wouldn't write that in as a win for SC by any means.Especially with Herman coaching Jexas. And Helton has a lot of expectations on him this year.I like my avy too would only be a week

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't write that in as a win for SC by any means.Especially with Herman coaching Jexas. And Helton has a lot of expectations on him this year.I like my avy too would only be a week

Nah I gotta pass. Sam D will prove too tough for the Texas defense.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pussy.

But you think all southerners are stupid anyway. So, it makes sense you'd think Texas inferior.

No I don't think all southerners are stupid. Many of the small town rural southerners are basically uneducated and rarely read the news and therefore they lack the intelligence to make decisions that are in their own best interests.

However this is a football question and I don't think Texas will beat USC this year. Hopefully I'm wrong.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban overrated?

205-61-1 (.7678) as a CFB head coach
94-24 (.7966) as a SEC head coach
7 SEC Championships (10 SEC West Championships)
5 National Championships

Yeah, I would hate to have coaching stats that compare to the best in CFB history. Should he be in the discussion of the best coach of all time? Yes, especially when his career is over.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan beat Penn State in the first conference game of the season. Penn State went on to win the rest of their regular season games including Ohio State. Michigan went on to lose three of their last four games including Ohio State. But spin away.
There's no spin, Michigan beat the shit out of Penn State -- last season. There's nothing to spin there.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no spin, Michigan beat the shit out of Penn State -- last season. There's nothing to spin there.

And it turned out to be a speed bump for Penn State kinda like Pitt beating Clemson. The season evolved and Michigan didn't. You wanna highlight the fourth game of the season and puff out your chest ignoring Michigan lost three out of it's last four games. That's spinnning

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it turned out to be a speed bump for Penn State kinda like Pitt beating Clemson. The season evolved and Michigan didn't. You wanna highlight the fourth game of the season and puff out your chest ignoring Michigan lost three out of it's last four games. That's spinnning
Your opinion is stupid. Penn State had a front-loaded schedule, playing Michigan and Ohio State early in the year. They lost 1/2 of the games against ranked opponents on their schedule and managed a loss to Pitt in there as well. No, I'm not impressed that they finished the season by beating Indiana, Rutgers and Michigan State, then going to the B10 title game and beating Wisconsin (all teams Michigan beat) before losing their bowl game.

The only thing Penn State did that Michigan didn't was beat OSU -- and Michigan was a half yard, or a decent call, away from doing so. Penn State's biggest accomplishment last year? Having their other loss come from a weaker non-conference opponent instead of one within the conference so they could back door their way into the title game.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your opinion is stupid. Penn State had a front-loaded schedule, playing Michigan and Ohio State early in the year. They lost 1/2 of the games against ranked opponents on their schedule and managed a loss to Pitt in there as well. No, I'm not impressed that they finished the season by beating Indiana, Rutgers and Michigan State, then going to the B10 title game and beating Wisconsin (all teams Michigan beat) before losing their bowl game.

The only thing Penn State did that Michigan didn't was beat OSU -- and Michigan was a half yard, or a decent call, away from doing so. Penn State's biggest accomplishment last year? Having their other loss come from a weaker non-conference opponent instead of one within the conference so they could back door their way into the title game.

Michigan lost three out of its last four. Your offense was horrible. Your QB was horrible. And at the end of the season they were still horrible.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan lost three out of its last four. Your offense was horrible. Your QB was horrible. And at the end of the season they were still horrible.
Our QB was injured....he injured his shoulder in the Iowa loss. At the end of the season, Michigan lost by a bad spot, and a crazy finish against FSU. Iowa was the only game that was inexcusable. We should have won the Ohio game, and FSU was FSU. close game, we lost. In any even, Michigan was a better team than Penn State in every comparable way; including head to head. And the same reason I say that, is the reason they got left out of the playoff over Ohio State.

Penn State let 5 teams score 30+ points on them. 3 teams scored more than 40. They were not a great team.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And beat Iowa as well...

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize this, but in the other 7 B1G games, Penn State was 7-0, Michigan was 5-2.
Right. Like I said -- they were just lucky their flub came against a team that wasn't in the conference. Losing to Pitt was no better than Michigan losing to Iowa.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. Like I said -- they were just lucky their flub came against a team that wasn't in the conference. Losing to Pitt was no better than Michigan losing to Iowa.

Well at the end of the day they were more deserving to play in the B1G CG and a better bowl game. Also, the PSU team Michigan beat wasn't the same PSU team at the end of the season. They were severely hampered by injury. Plus they were just playing like shit early in the season in general. I mean look at their results the first 5 weeks.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at the end of the day they were more deserving to play in the B1G CG and a better bowl game. Also, the PSU team Michigan beat wasn't the same PSU team at the end of the season. They were severely hampered by injury. Plus they were just playing like shit early in the season in general. I mean look at their results the first 5 weeks.
What does that even mean? They were the exact team that played Michigan. It's not even like they finished the season any better. They beat a bunch of B10 scrubs in November and then finished beating Wisconsin. They lost to USC, and USC's offense basically trampled their defense (like two other teams did in the regular season). Penn State might have had a better conference record, but were the 3rd best team in the division.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that even mean? They were the exact team that played Michigan. It's not even like they finished the season any better. They beat a bunch of B10 scrubs in November and then finished beating Wisconsin. They lost to USC, and USC's offense basically trampled their defense (like two other teams did in the regular season). Penn State might have had a better conference record, but were the 3rd best team in the division.

It means they had major injuries against Michigan and improved during the season. This is what happens when you have more time in a system. Penn State had both a 1st year OC and DC. My guess is they wouldn't have beaten Iowa and Michigan State by 30 in September or Wisconsin at all in September. They were just completely different. You can think Penn State was the 3rd best team in the division, but that would make you in the minority because the CFP, AP and Coaches Poll all had PSU better.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It means they had major injuries against Michigan and improved during the season. This is what happens when you have more time in a system. Penn State had both a 1st year OC and DC. My guess is they wouldn't have beaten Iowa and Michigan State by 30 in September or Wisconsin at all in September. They were just completely different. You can think Penn State was the 3rd best team in the division, but that would make you in the minority because the CFP, AP and Coaches Poll all had PSU better.
No it doesn't. It means that they played their hardest games in the first half of the season and played teams that wouldn't even go to a bowl in November.

The Playoff voters specifically chose to put in Ohio State over them, that speaks volumes.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban overrated? That's pitiful.

Whittingham was the first coach I thought of as underrated. A good shout out though to Peterson.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it doesn't. It means that they played their hardest games in the first half of the season and played teams that wouldn't even go to a bowl in November.

The Playoff voters specifically chose to put in Ohio State over them, that speaks volumes.

You would consider Kent State, Temple and Minnesota(all at home) "hard" games? lol. No, they played like shit the first month of the season. I watched the game against Kent State, they beat them by like 20, but they played like shit(which can happen when you switch offensive systems, and work in a new QB). I mean for christ sakes they almost lost to Temple the week before Michigan. They just weren't very good at that point. They definitely improved during the season, both in on field performance and in health. It's pretty obvious.