• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Overrated/Underrated Coaches per CBS Sports

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underrated:

UW_Football_22-1280x853.jpg

InB4 Alaska Guy!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid list among people who don't understand getting to top schools is part of it.

Normal people don't give a fuck that Jim Harbaugh won a conference championship with San Diego St, yet if he was still coaching there, he would have made this list at the top of the under-rated. He gets the over-rated part because he's now at Michigan, and he hasn't done shit. So it's not when you are having success at shit schools that matters, it's what you are able to do on the big stage.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid list among people who don't understand getting to top schools is part of it.

Normal people don't give a fuck that Jim Harbaugh won a conference championship with San Diego St, yet if he was still coaching there, he would have made this list at the top of the under-rated. He gets the over-rated part because he's now at Michigan, and he hasn't done shit. So it's not when you are having success at shit schools that matters, it's what you are able to do on the big stage.

San Diego not San Diego State, why is that important? Well it does mean that Harbaugh has yet to win a FBS conference championship

he never won one at Stanford either, always was 2nd fiddle to Oregon

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling Saban overrated is a little ridiculous

Brian Kelly would have been overrated a year ago, he's never won any sort of big game either but he's nowhere near as highly regarded after last year's disaster

big fan of the underrated list though

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Diego not San Diego State, why is that important? Well it does mean that Harbaugh has yet to win a FBS conference championship

he never won one at Stanford either, always was 2nd fiddle to Oregon

this second part is a continuation on the point I made

I have no idea why I just did this, long day at work

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling Saban overrated is a little ridiculous

Brian Kelly would have been overrated a year ago, he's never won any sort of big game either but he's nowhere near as highly regarded after last year's disaster

big fan of the underrated list though

I believe it was some "jelly" coaches about the talent pool they have going into Bama, then again that's what happens win you win...........A lot!

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersen is on the 'Underrated' list and that's what counts.

3d57efda-8e84-11e6-9a02-5967a1347214-780x520.jpg

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rockin the Texas Western hat no less.
Doesn't he have the textbook look of an offensive lineman?

They'll wear Texas Western uniforms every few years. Mainly in hoops though. Tried to get a BB game with Kentucky in the Baltimore area in 2016 to celebrate the 50th year. Kentucky didn't want to play it. Guess it wasn't lucrative enough because they'd have damn sure kicked our ass.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not San Diego State, that would at least be noteworthy, it's just plain old San Diego, an FCS team.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that there was a thread posted a few months ago from a big website that had Harbaugh ranked ahead of Dabo Swinney should mean that Harbaugh is a slam dunk for most overrated.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he's a very good coach with an enormous ego. So far he hasn't been able to get a superstar at QB or any skill position. His overall record at Michigan is good compared with his most recent predecessors. Until he is able to beat Ohio St he will remain as just very good but not great.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have also added that calling Saban overrated is ridiculous considering the number of NC's he's won at Alabama. He appears to be having a bad recruiting season for 2018, but we'll wait until signing day before we judge that.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't he have the textbook look of an offensive lineman?

They'll wear Texas Western uniforms every few years. Mainly in hoops though. Tried to get a BB game with Kentucky in the Baltimore area in 2016 to celebrate the 50th year. Kentucky didn't want to play it. Guess it wasn't lucrative enough because they'd have damn sure kicked our ass.

Yes...hands on hips, typical o-line, lol.

That would have been an interesting match-up for bball, guess Kentucky doesn't have the same nostalgia for that game.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's a very good coach with an enormous ego. So far he hasn't been able to get a superstar at QB or any skill position. His overall record at Michigan is good compared with his most recent predecessors. Until he is able to beat Ohio St he will remain as just very good but not great.

I should have also added that calling Saban overrated is ridiculous considering the number of NC's he's won at Alabama. He appears to be having a bad recruiting season for 2018, but we'll wait until signing day before we judge that.

WTF
I had to look over at the date to make sure this thread hadn't been resurrected.