• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest Pariah in Sports?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking today about Benoit. His name can’t even be uttered by anyone in Wrestling today without either whispering it or speaking over the growing boo’s. That is a stark contrast to how he was viewed before everything went down as it did. He was one of the most loved figures in the game.

He is certainly the biggest pariah in wrestling. Is there anyone who comes close? Maybe VKM with how he is getting dragged through the mud right now, but even that doesn’t compare to the Rabid Wolverine.

But is he the biggest pariah to his chosen sport in all of sports? I can think of only 2 in American sports who could even be mentioned in the same breath.

Pete Rose. Though he is still constantly discussed and there is a very large contingent who want him “pardoned” asap so he can go into the Hall.

OJ. He may be at an equivalent level as Benoit. Both (allegedly) killed 2 people (technically, Chris killed 3 if you count his killing himself). But he, at least is still mentioned. He has not been completely erased from history the way Benoit has been.

The only other person I can think of is Pastorius, but I don’t think a South African track star belongs in this convo.

So who is the top? Is there anyone I am missing who deserves consideration?

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benoit had the deadliest fininisher in the game

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, she didn't murder anyone, but may I submit Megan Rapinoe. Can I get an "Amen".

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall his name and Google flopped on it but the first American to play for the Montreal Canadians.

They wouldn't speak to him or pass him the puck. Just because he wasn't a Canadian.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, she didn't murder anyone, but may I submit Megan Rapinoe. Can I get an "Amen".
She is controversial, but not really a pariah, imho. The target demo of her sport pretty roundly supports her. But those who hate her sport hate her more than anyone else in her sport.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the sidetrack but Benoit is always a touchy subject for me.

I always will feel that he will never get the respect he deserves because of the end.

If you look at his body of work. HOF in my opinion

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard for me to differ between McMahon and OJ.

VKM crimes are worse IMO but he knew when to step back. He did it twice in 2 years, but OJ still says he is innocent.

2a and 2b IMO

Armstrong is #1

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard for me to differ between McMahon and OJ.

VKM crimes are worse IMO but he knew when to step back. He did it twice in 2 years, but OJ still says he is innocent.

2a and 2b IMO

Armstrong is #1
I am somewhat aware of the McMahon story, but I don’t know the details. Can you TL/DR what he did for me?

My understanding is that he used his position as “the boss” to force some Divas to do things they didn’t want to do (there may have been shitting involved??). But honestly, I don’t know what has been jokes and what are “legit” accusations.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am somewhat aware of the McMahon story, but I don’t know the details. Can you TL/DR what he did for me?

My understanding is that he used his position as “the boss” to force some Divas to do things they didn’t want to do (there may have been shitting involved??). But honestly, I don’t know what has been jokes and what are “legit” accusations.

There was "" involved.

This is huge legitimately. It's sex trafficking charges. The Codefendant in the case, Who role was legitimately the " Executive VIce President of Talent Relations", flipped.

One Special attraction wrestler had plans for Rumble AND WM plans but was scrapped on Friday, the day after the charges were announced. Here are a Couple updates:

Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful (via Fightful Select) reports that even before the federal investigations came to light, longtime employees said that they expected to be charged eventually. These sources said that “if the feds raided Vince and got his phone, they’ll almost surely find something.”

Sapp also cites at least one person within the industry who claims that they know more people are involved in the situation, and they indicated that if the names are not identified, they will do it themselves.

Additionally, a longtime WWE employee said that they don’t believe Janel Grant’s lawsuit is the worst of it, as they pointed to higher settlements. Sapp confirms that other potential victims have been contacted by attorneys and media outlets to determine whether they want to take action as well.

More Details On John Laurinaitis And Vince McMahon​

John Laurinaitis has seemingly turned on Vince McMahon, as his lawyer has said that Laurinaitis is a victim of the former WWE CEO. Sapp cites a source who called this outcome “rats jumping off of the sinking ship.” The report notes that Laurinaitis’ attorney has reached out to others in the industry, either in an attempt to find allies, figure out who has talked, or gauge his best options moving forward.

Sapp also writes that it is believed that TKO became quite aware of the “mess on their hands” after the merger, and one source shared their belief that they would have handled it differently had they been aware that this situation was coming. However, they were said to be aware last week, when Vince McMahon was present at the New York Stock Exchange.

https://www.wrestlezone.com/news/1441604-report-update-on-reaction-to-lawsuit-against-vince-mcmahon
We now have more information on the ongoing lawsuit against Vince McMahon, John Laurinaitis, and WWE.

Last month, former WWE employee Janel Grant filed a lawsuit against the company, Vince McMahon, and John Laurinaitis for sexual assault and sex trafficking. This lawsuit led to the resignation of Vince McMahon from both WWE and TKO. Which effectively removes him from power once and for all.

In an update from Fightful’s Sean Ross Sapp (via Fightful Select) regarding some of the unnamed executives in the lawsuit, one source high up in WWE believes that one of the executives has been “long gone” from the company.

No WWE talent who spoke with Sapp has been briefed on the lawsuit. Nor have they been told they can’t discuss the lawsuit in interviews or appearances.

One former WWE talent who has spoken with Sapp is currently weighing their options on whether to share their story via the media or even take legal action. The talent wishes to remain anonymous at this time.

Update On The Lawsuit Against Vince McMahon, John Laurinaitis, And WWE

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was "" involved.

This is huge legitimately. It's sex trafficking charges. The Codefendant in the case, Who role was legitimately the " Executive VIce President of Talent Relations", flipped.

One Special attraction wrestler had plans for Rumble AND WM plans but was scrapped on Friday, the day after the charges were announced. Here are a Couple updates:

Report: Update On Reaction To Lawsuit Against Vince McMahon

Update On The Lawsuit Against Vince McMahon, John Laurinaitis, And WWE
Unfortunately, this is pretty much what I have found myself. Everything I find writes from the assumption that you already know the “details”. It references the allegations, but doesn’t actually say what the allegations are.

The WWE (McMahan and Ace specifically) are getting sued for grape? What does “trafficking” mean, in this context?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, this is pretty much what I have found myself. Everything I find writes from the assumption that you already know the “details”. It references the allegations, but doesn’t actually say what the allegations are.

The WWE (McMahan and Ace specifically) are getting sued for grape? What does “trafficking” mean, in this context?
Can't find anything either