• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Overrated/Underrated Coaches per CBS Sports

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would consider Kent State, Temple and Minnesota(all at home) "hard" games? lol. No, they played like shit the first month of the season. I watched the game against Kent State, they beat them by like 20, but they played like shit(which can happen when you switch offensive systems, and work in a new QB). I mean for christ sakes they almost lost to Temple the week before Michigan. They just weren't very good at that point. They definitely improved during the season, both in on field performance and in health. It's pretty obvious.
Even if they improved slightly, that doesn't account for the ass-whooping Michigan gave them. It's not like they lost a semi-close game there. Michigan shut down their offense, which had all it's star players, and decimated their defense that got decimated all season.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they improved slightly, that doesn't account for the ass-whooping Michigan gave them. It's not like they lost a semi-close game there. Michigan shut down their offense, which had all it's star players, and decimated their defense that got decimated all season.

Yes Michigan whooped their ass, in what was statistically Michigan's best game of the season. Penn State got drastically better later on in the season, I'm not sure why you're trying to diminish it when it's true. Penn State beat Ohio State and played significantly better against Iowa than Michigan did.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban overrated? That's pitiful.

Whittingham was the first coach I thought of as underrated. A good shout out though to Peterson.
THe old MWC had some good coaches in Whittingham, Peterson and Gary Patterson.

You could throw Rocky Long in that group as well IMHO.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THe old MWC had some good coaches in Whittingham, Peterson and Gary Patterson.

You could throw Rocky Long in that group as well IMHO.

Very few people ever mention Long, but he had an outstanding career at New Mexico
and has rebuilt San Diego State.