• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Malik Nabers officially declares for the NFL Draft. Will he be OBJ & Jefferson good?

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is official, Malik Nabers has officially declared for the NFL Draft. CBS Sports has him as the 11th best player in the draft and the 2nd best wide receiver prospect. ESPN ranks him as the 9th best player in the player and 3rd best wide receiver. Nabers comes in the shadow of former LSU alumni Odell Beckham Junior and Justin Jefferson. Lots of big shoes to be filled and high expectation.

Basic Information
- 20 years old. Will be 21 on July 28th.
- 6'0, 200 pounds
- Played wide receiver for the LSU Tigers
- Unanimous All-American and First-team All-SEC in 2023
- In 2023, he had 80 catches for 1,424 receiving yards and 12 touchdowns in 11 starts. That comes to 18 yards per catch.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well LSU knows how to send receivers to the NFL.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. It looks like his numbers in the NFL might be even better than in college. From my research, LSU was big on the run. If he develops his ability to run routes better and improves on the ability to make contested catches, he might have another LSU stud on our hands.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is probably closer to the 4th or 5th best prospect in the draft than 9th and 11th. Its hard to say, though, because he was almost always open creating separation, broken tackles, and big plays. I think half of his receptions went for over 15 yards. Thats a tougher evaluation than Harrison Jr but with a good enough QB maybe you can get the same production just because of Nabers ability as a vertical threat. If he 'hits' then he is probably closer to a Reggie Wayne than a Harrison but that could still end up being one of the best players in the draft.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is probably closer to the 4th or 5th best prospect in the draft than 9th and 11th. Its hard to say, though, because he was almost always open creating separation, broken tackles, and big plays. I think half of his receptions went for over 15 yards. Thats a tougher evaluation than Harrison Jr but with a good enough QB maybe you can get the same production just because of Nabers ability as a vertical threat. If he 'hits' then he is probably closer to a Reggie Wayne than a Harrison but that could still end up being one of the best players in the draft.

He was pretty much uncoverable in the bowl game. To be fair UW DBs are not pro prospects that I'm aware of, but that kid torched them when he played

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was pretty much uncoverable in the bowl game. To be fair UW DBs are not pro prospects that I'm aware of, but that kid torched them when he played
If you want to get hyperbolic, a guy on PFF said he moved like Antonio Brown.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to get hyperbolic, a guy on PFF said he moved like Antonio Brown.

He looked like Malik Nabors to me, but what do I know. (what I'm saying is the comps usually suck)

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is crazy that Nabors is only the second best wr propect in this draft. Imo there are 4 wr in this draft that could be the #1 in a most drafts.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is crazy that Nabors is only the second best wr propect in this draft. Imo there are 4 wr in this draft that could be the #1 in a most drafts.
Stacked class. Nabers is so smooth.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's funny, I can remember when LSU receivers were kind of a blind dart throw because the team always ran the ball. They certainly caught up.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who are your four? I can see three, but for many Keon Coleman is the 4th and I don't see it with him necessarily (no separation and weak route running).

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are your four? I can see three, but for many Keon Coleman is the 4th and I don't see it with him necessarily (no separation and weak route running).

It's interesting, but Odunze doesn't get a ton of separation, or at least he didn't in the Texas game. It's tough to evaluate these guys when the NFL has the best guy they faced in college as the guys they face every Sunday in the NFL, or better.

The other thing is you just don't know how they're going to react in the NFL. Are they going to become a pro and figure out that now that they're in they need to work harder than they have at any time in their life. Will they figure out that everyone in the NFL is talented and the guys that work the hardest and do their jobs day in and day out are the guys that succeed? Will they be able to exist with a team full of people with their talent and coddling of the talent doesn't happen. NFL is a tough business, that's for sure.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting, but Odunze doesn't get a ton of separation, or at least he didn't in the Texas game. It's tough to evaluate these guys when the NFL has the best guy they faced in college as the guys they face every Sunday in the NFL, or better.

The other thing is you just don't know how they're going to react in the NFL. Are they going to become a pro and figure out that now that they're in they need to work harder than they have at any time in their life. Will they figure out that everyone in the NFL is talented and the guys that work the hardest and do their jobs day in and day out are the guys that succeed? Will they be able to exist with a team full of people with their talent and coddling of the talent doesn't happen. NFL is a tough business, that's for sure.

I had the same thought watching the game. That said, I didn't rewatch the film to see if he was slowed by Penix' throws or if Penix was throwing him open with dimes. On the telecast, it seemed the latter. I think he does show separation in other games though, whereas it's harder to find in Keon's tape.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Coleman as the 4th. It is not uncommon for guys his size to not get separation, the great ones make up for it by using their body to seal the defender. I think the ceiling you are looking at Brandon Marshall.