• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

options at qb other then KC in 2018

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the point is that non pro style college qb's go in the first round
ok so what ? i gave a list of options with their pro and cons not whether that makes them first round worthy or not . it takes time to teach a qb who hasnt been under center to operate that way . it is a consideration

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a big advantage for Mahomes to be drafted by KC. We all know Andy is a QB whisperer. It can't do anything but help a kid who has a lot of physical skills but probably needs some polishing for the NFL level. Meanwhile Smith hold down the fort for two or three years.
could mahomes come in this year as the opening day starter and keep the chiefs in contention ? i agree 100% with your assessment on the situation just asking the question to get to a further point not with you but others on the board

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could mahomes come in this year as the opening day starter and keep the chiefs in contention ? i agree 100% with your assessment on the situation just asking the question to get to a further point not with you but others on the board

Maybe. Impossible to say really. But I think he'll he starting sooner than people think. He could end up starting and finally make the Chiefs a legit contender this year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. Impossible to say really. But I think he'll he starting sooner than people think. He could end up starting and finally make the Chiefs a legit contender this year.
i think its very possible to say and the answer is no . watching him during OTAS struggle with center play tells me alot . he will take some times learning the pro game the offense at tech was very simple

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Sam Darnold underclassman

2) Josh Allen underclassman

3) Lamar Jackson underclassman

4) Josh Rosen underclassman

5) Nick fitzgerald underclassman

6) Chase Litton underclassman

7) Jarret Stidum underclassman

8) mason randolph

9) luke falk

10) baker mayfield

11) jake browning underclassman

WOW...only two of your 11 are seniors. Everybody else is an underclassman.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think its very possible to say and the answer is no . watching him during OTAS struggle with center play tells me alot . he will take some times learning the pro game the offense at tech was very simple

So you took away all you needed from him in shorts months before the season starts?

He definitely needs some development but that doesn't mean he can't be better than Smith off the bat. He certainly provides more upside which is what they need.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the part where they say...

But a good coach would adjust the system to fit the talents of his QB.

And I reply

Im still waiting on Bellicheck to draft one of these mobile shotgun QBs and totally scrap the system that has worked for him the past 15 years in order to justify the QB he selected was the right guy.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you took away all you needed from him in shorts months before the season starts?

He definitely needs some development but that doesn't mean he can't be better than Smith off the bat. He certainly provides more upside which is what they need.

well a majic jeannie wont put all that knowledge in him between now and the beginning of the season . the chiefs , with smith have an efficient team . a rookie will be a step back . doesnt mean he wont be a good qb

now unless smith is injured in TC or preseason mahomes wont be in there unless you would want to make a wager that he will be . there are some things you can see in OTAS and in mini camp at the qb position in which you can tell . i am willing to bet he wont win 11 games as a starter . i am willing to bet he wont see the field much at all the odds are way in my favor that rookies take time

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well a majic jeannie wont put all that knowledge in him between now and the beginning of the season . the chiefs , with smith have an efficient team . a rookie will be a step back . doesnt mean he wont be a good qb

now unless smith is injured in TC or preseason mahomes wont be in there unless you would want to make a wager that he will be . there are some things you can see in OTAS and in mini camp at the qb position in which you can tell . i am willing to bet he wont win 11 games as a starter . i am willing to bet he wont see the field much at all the odds are way in my favor that rookies take time

Again that's just complete conjecture. To say that definitively is pure bs.

The chiefs with smith have an efficient team that won't win a Super Bowl because their qb holds them back.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again that's just complete conjecture. To say that definitively is pure bs.

The chiefs with smith have an efficient team that won't win a Super Bowl because their qb holds them back.

true but expecting a rookie with very little time in the pro set offense to jump right in and rattle off enough wins to go to a superbowl in year one , history says wont happen

now my eyes have told me and history has shown me so you can call it conjecture and i will call it an educated guess . considering about 4 rookies have ever been to a championship game or superbowl as rookies , baugh waterfield 36 and 45 respectively big ben and i believe wilson out of all the rookies throughout NFL history i feel safe that my conjecture will hold up

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true but expecting a rookie with very little time in the pro set offense to jump right in and rattle off enough wins to go to a superbowl in year one , history says wont happen

now my eyes have told me and history has shown me so you can call it conjecture and i will call it an educated guess . considering about 4 rookies have ever been to a championship game or superbowl as rookies , baugh waterfield 36 and 45 respectively big ben and i believe wilson out of all the rookies throughout NFL history i feel safe that my conjecture will hold up

Wilson was a second year player when they won the Super Bowl. The Sea Hawks designed the offense around his skill set. As much as some consider him elite, one has to wonder how well he would do in the offenses in New England, Cincy, DC or any place else where the offense is based more off of speed and timing and does not take into acount the broken play as much as places like Seattle, Green Bay and Carolina.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson was a second year player when they won the Super Bowl. The Sea Hawks designed the offense around his skill set. As much as some consider him elite, one has to wonder how well he would do in the offenses in New England, Cincy, DC or any place else where the offense is based more off of speed and timing and does not take into acount the broken play as much as places like Seattle, Green Bay and Carolina.
well then that makes 3 making my case even stroger thanks shark

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well then that makes 3 making my case even stroger thanks shark

Dude Im telling you the mentality is...

What if we sign Kirk long term and it prevents us from drafting the next Rogers. And who cares if what we really end up with is the next Rg3 move and the results of that move.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now that I'm cool with. The odds are long you're right. But he's still a first round pick sitting behind an uninspiring starter. Can't be completely discounted.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude Im telling you the mentality is...

What if we sign Kirk long term and it prevents us from drafting the next Rogers. And who cares if what we really end up with is the next Rg3 move and the results of that move.

Not sure if this is in reference to me but if it is its an incredibly inaccurate description of my position.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this is in reference to me but if it is its an incredibly inaccurate description of my position.

So do tell, have you just decided that Kirk cant get it done and never will in all likelihood?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I don't believe I've stated anything like that at all.

Seems like you have already decided from some of your comments.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's you reading what you want to read. I've said nothing remotely resembling that.

Lets just say, there seems to be a serious lean in your opinion that the team is probably better off going in a different direction. I do believe you dont have any misgiving or hate towards Cousins. But I doubt Im the only one who see's a pattern of we COULD be better off delving into the draft next year in your opinion.