• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

options at qb other then KC in 2018

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing ...

like i said ... jumping in not knowing what you guys are talking about

but if i recall ... smith was ready to be ditched 5 years ago

before Reed came along & salvaged what would have gone down as one of the most disappointing #1 pick in history

Actually Smith was having some success with Harbaugh until the concussion and Kaep exploiting an NFL that did not know how to defend the spread option until a year later. Not saying he was great because they also had Gore and a very good D. He was doing well before Andy and I agree that Andy has a gift with QBs.

The overall history of spread option QBs in the NFL is not that good. Remember, Smith was a spread option QB under Meyer. Mahomes clearly has the physical skills, now it is about getting them to translate into NFL skills. Jeff George had a great arm.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is 33, lets save the grandpa title for Brady and Brees.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep it is a long NFL career.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listen to NFL Network on the radio and several former GMS (successful ones) said not ONE QB drafted this year is ready to play in the NFL this year. Maybe late just to see how they do. But maybe you know more than them. :noidea:

I'd be curious who the GMs were.

But what does this really prove? They're wrong all the time just like the rest of us. Something tells me some current nfl gms disagree with them.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW I am not a Smith fan, I just believe in the old statement "don't throw the baby out with the bath water" .... keep the bath water until the baby can walk, talk and crap on its own .... then toss the water.

One of the things Sty advocated and I believe this helped Cousins and hurt Griffin is Cousins got some time to learn whereas Griffin got thrown right into the fire. It was great until he didn't have the knowledge to play in a pro style offense.

I dint think it's necessarily bad to keep Smith around but I also don't think it's the smartest most efficient use of resources. The real danger comes in thinking hes enough which it appears KC has realized is not the case.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be curious who the GMs were.

But what does this really prove? They're wrong all the time just like the rest of us. Something tells me some current nfl gms disagree with them.

Bill Polian any good?

We shall see. :thumb:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Polian any good?

We shall see. :thumb:

Honestly that's what I figured which is why I asked. He may have been ok (though I think really he kinda rode Peytons coattails). But holy hell I think he's senile now. I've never seen worse nfl analysis than him talking about the Browns Osweiler trade.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the chiefs drafted mahomes to have him sit and watch and let smith run the team . i have looked at all the qbs and although some may start at some point next season i dont see any of them being NFL ready just yet

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly that's what I figured which is why I asked. He may have been ok (though I think really he kinda rode Peytons coattails). But holy hell I think he's senile now. I've never seen worse nfl analysis than him talking about the Browns Osweiler trade.

I knew you knew more .... LOLOLOL He was not the only one. I stand behind my own analysis of Mahomes and Big 12 QBs. Mahomes has an ace in his corner having a Andy in his corner. We shall see. You and I have always differed on what it takes to be an NFL QB, nothing has changed. Check back in two or three years. :suds:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew you knew more .... LOLOLOL He was not the only one. I stand behind my own analysis of Mahomes and Big 12 QBs. Mahomes has an ace in his corner having a Andy in his corner. We shall see. You and I have always differed on what it takes to be an NFL QB, nothing has changed. Check back in two or three years. :suds:

Don't get me wrong I won't be shocked if he busts. I just find his upside a lot more interesting than whatever it is smith is bringing to the table.

We shall see:suds:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong I won't be shocked if he busts. I just find his upside a lot more interesting than whatever it is smith is bringing to the table.

We shall see:suds:

Yeah...the upside of Discovery Zone was greater than the upside of Disney. If you invested in DZ, you took on more risk for greater reward. Same thing.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...the upside of Discovery Zone was greater than the upside of Disney. If you invested in DZ, you took on more risk for greater reward. Same thing.

I mean only kinda. Its more like Disney was riskier than putting your money under the mattress.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the point is what ? neither has played a down yet and both will experience growing pains getting under center

Perhaps, perhaps not, Prescott never played under center either. Griffin's triflin ass is probably still in the league possibly as a star and as the Skins starting QB. Had his hardheaded ass protected himself on the field and put as much time and effort into becoming an above average pocket passer with a smidgen of pocket presence. As he did into being RG3.

I'm not saying its easy or anything now, but the bar has been lowered somewhat over the last 20 years with the rule changes and added protection afforded QBs.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps, perhaps not, Prescott never played under center either. Griffin's triflin ass is probably still in the league possibly as a star and as the Skins starting QB. Had his hardheaded ass protected himself on the field and put as much time and effort into becoming an above average pocket passer with a smidgen of pocket presence. As he did into being RG3.

I'm not saying its easy or anything now, but the bar has been lowered somewhat over the last 20 years with the rule changes and added protection afforded QBs.

there is a difference in the occasional guy doing it and expecting the standard to be that with every rookie . you have to plan he will struggle (plan for the worst ) and hope he plays well (hope for the best )

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most Redskins thing imaginable would be to sign Jay Cutler. The new Jeff George, to follow the footsteps of the old one late in his career. You dig?

PHO-09Oct21-183195.jpg

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nfl-draft-football-c046fda5b7fb453a.jpg