• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

options at qb other then KC in 2018

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok here are the current scouting reports of the top college qbs going into this season . doug williams and his staff are looking at the same stuff i am

1) sam darnold USC qb 6-4 225 top ranked guy in the class . has good physical tools to be a great qb . . the kicker is he has only 9 career starts and is woefully inexperienced . not sure he will be day one ready but that iis ok if you believe in his talent . but you have to agree that it will take some time for him to be a star

2) Josh Allen qb 6-5 222lbs wy , has good physical tools however this is a 56% passer vs mountain west opponents . rarely works under center . now the bog advantage here when we look at him is we drafted his center roullier and he can provide some insight on him as a teammate, locker room guy , how hard he works . Again he will take some time and isnt a day one starter hence again in our situation it will be a step back
also no time under center

3) lamar jackson 6-3 205 , Louisville tremendous athlete 30 tds 9 ints hiesman trophy winner 59% passer . needs to be more accurate and play better in the pocket . can he withstand NFL punishment ? he is a taller thinner RG3 at this point who doesnt fit our offense . no time under center not a day one starter

4) Josh Rosen qb 6-4 6-4 210 lbs UCLA good size , pocket passer injured as a soph. rumors of character and leadership deficits 60% passer which is good for a young guy with limited starts not a day one starter

5) Nick fitzgerald qb 6-5 230, MIss state great size mobility , arm strength . 54% passer who needs work on accuracy and pocket presence , again not a day one starter

6) Chase Litton 6-6 223 needs more weight and competition he faces at marshall can be questioned this kid could rise up the charts

7) Jarret Stidum 6-3 210 AU good arm strength and accuracy 12 tds 2 ints at baylor not ready yet but scouts have a buzz about him limited playbook at baylor mason randolph

8) mason randolph 6-5 235 OSU 63 % passer strong arm and another great thing is he also has touch and accuracy . puts the ball on his receivers in positions where they can excell in . only real knock is he locks onto primary guys and doesnt go through progressions well . with good coaching he could be a good qb

9) luke falk 6-4 205lbs WSU again not much pro set experience , puts up nice numbers in coach leach's offense however no work under center and needs work on progressions

10) baker mayfield qb 6-2 214OU astounding 71 % completion rate for a young guy 40 tds 8 ints . we have perine who can fill us in one lots of things however he has had trouble with the law

11) jake browning 6-2 205 Wash , 63% passer 59 tds 19 ints and the only negative i could find on him is he is too short (maybe )

so there you have it 11 qbs i have rated by their scouting reports so far . i dont see anyone being a 9-10 win day one starter but to me browning , randolph and litton look to be guys who could be really good pro's if developed besides the top guys who all have warts. next the vets

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok here is a list of potential free agents we could get that have a tad of worth to them

1) matthew stafford qb big arm career losing record 8 yrs experience . most likely will be franchised which you have to plan on giving up 2 first rounders plus meeting his price . from a financial standpoint this is foolish because he will cost what you dont want to pay KC and you give up building blocks in the process even if it isnt 2 first rounders

2) Drew Brees the saints would have 18 mil in dead cap space if they let him go if they go to rebuilding mode . if he is available he would cost at least the 19 mil he left with the saints he will be 39 years old however he is still a 5000yd passer so he is a stop gap , a very good one , but a stop gap meaning you will have to pay to keep him and expend draft capitol to get his replacement . i doubt the saints let him leave

3) AJ mccarron a stymie favorite he will be 27 years old and even less proven then KC was 2 years ago . he does fit what gruden wants to do but you arent going to sell me he is better at this point , but he could be a stop gap and he should be what gruden wants at qb . should cost about 13-16 mil

4) sam bradford he will be 30 years old , should be able to run grudens offense the way he would want too. is an over drafted journeyman qb who would be with his 4th team in his career and would be 30 years old when he takes his first snap as a skin . certainly a stop gap guy who has been known to extract a lot of cash from a team should run between 16-20 mil to get him

5) jimmy garapolo 6-2 225 , decent arm , gets ball out quick , woefully inexperience and got hurt in his 1st 4 games he had a chance to start . he is 25 years old and very unproven for the 16-20 mil price tag , no better then a rookie at this point unless you feel feel 502 career yds passing at 83 yds a game is worth that price tag

so in my estimation you have 2 young unproven guys you could trust , something you cant do with KC , an all time great at age 39 , and a capable injury prone journeyman who is competing with equally injury prone tedy bridgewater

who would you choose ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but wait for you coach

nate sudfeld good arm arm strength and touch on throws . great size and decent mobility . slow in his reads , very mechanical slower then cousins getting the ball out . 53% passer at the pro level vs 3rd and 4th team defenses but no turnovers and 3 td passes

colt mccoy game manager short has good movement skills , takes too many sacks . never started 16 ganes in a season , has injury history very weak arm cant make some nfl throws age 30 career back up

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok , i put the above posts up so people who "dont know whats available in the draft , dont know whats in free agency , or what we have on our roster so people who want to look at options but arent informed enough to actually look at options and talk with an informed opinion . no worries , i have done all of it for you and put it in on thread for you .

and dont worry i can stick this thread so you dont get althiemers , selective amnesia or suffer head trauma while head butting your TV set

now the excuses are over , i did the research for you

if i missed anyone please feel free to add anyone

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok , i put the above posts up so people who "dont know whats available in the draft , dont know whats in free agency , or what we have on our roster so people who want to look at options but arent informed enough to actually look at options and talk with an informed opinion . no worries , i have done all of it for you and put it in on thread for you .

and dont worry i can stick this thread so you dont get althiemers , selective amnesia or suffer head trauma while head butting your TV set

now the excuses are over , i did the research for you

if i missed anyone please feel free to add anyone
qb Brett Rypien 6,2 201 from Boise ST nephew of Mark rypien

Last edited:

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what happens if sudfeld progressed and looks great in preseason and kirk is not signed yet

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what happens if sudfeld progressed and looks great in preseason and kirk is not signed yet
against what competition ? so far its been against walmart baggers and accountants
he would have to do well vs2nd teamers to even begin to think he is good enough

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw my first 2018 mock, It has the Redskins taking Saquon Barkley with the 7th pick. Sounds like they predict the Skins to be 5-11 or 6-10.

Darnold, Allen and Rosen go in the first 4 rounds. Rudolph goes No. 11 and Falk at No. 24. That was it for 1st round picks. Of course they have to play the season out for starters.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok here are the current scouting reports of the top college qbs going into this season . doug williams and his staff are looking at the same stuff i am

1) sam darnold USC qb 6-4 225 top ranked guy in the class . has good physical tools to be a great qb . . the kicker is he has only 9 career starts and is woefully inexperienced . not sure he will be day one ready but that iis ok if you believe in his talent . but you have to agree that it will take some time for him to be a star

2) Josh Allen qb 6-5 222lbs wy , has good physical tools however this is a 56% passer vs mountain west opponents . rarely works under center . now the bog advantage here when we look at him is we drafted his center roullier and he can provide some insight on him as a teammate, locker room guy , how hard he works . Again he will take some time and isnt a day one starter hence again in our situation it will be a step back
also no time under center

3) lamar jackson 6-3 205 , Louisville tremendous athlete 30 tds 9 ints hiesman trophy winner 59% passer . needs to be more accurate and play better in the pocket . can he withstand NFL punishment ? he is a taller thinner RG3 at this point who doesnt fit our offense . no time under center not a day one starter

4) Josh Rosen qb 6-4 6-4 210 lbs UCLA good size , pocket passer injured as a soph. rumors of character and leadership deficits 60% passer which is good for a young guy with limited starts not a day one starter

5) Nick fitzgerald qb 6-5 230, MIss state great size mobility , arm strength . 54% passer who needs work on accuracy and pocket presence , again not a day one starter

6) Chase Litton 6-6 223 needs more weight and competition he faces at marshall can be questioned this kid could rise up the charts

7) Jarret Stidum 6-3 210 AU good arm strength and accuracy 12 tds 2 ints at baylor not ready yet but scouts have a buzz about him limited playbook at baylor mason randolph

8) mason randolph 6-5 235 OSU 63 % passer strong arm and another great thing is he also has touch and accuracy . puts the ball on his receivers in positions where they can excell in . only real knock is he locks onto primary guys and doesnt go through progressions well . with good coaching he could be a good qb

9) luke falk 6-4 205lbs WSU again not much pro set experience , puts up nice numbers in coach leach's offense however no work under center and needs work on progressions

10) baker mayfield qb 6-2 214OU astounding 71 % completion rate for a young guy 40 tds 8 ints . we have perine who can fill us in one lots of things however he has had trouble with the law

11) jake browning 6-2 205 Wash , 63% passer 59 tds 19 ints and the only negative i could find on him is he is too short (maybe )

so there you have it 11 qbs i have rated by their scouting reports so far . i dont see anyone being a 9-10 win day one starter but to me browning , randolph and litton look to be guys who could be really good pro's if developed besides the top guys who all have warts. next the vets

Pat Mahomes was the #10 overall pick in the draft and did not come from a pro style offense. Same goes for Watson. There respective teams gave up future 1st rounders for them. Falk is basically the same QB. I don't know anything about Fitz and Litton.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Mahomes was the #10 overall pick in the draft and did not come from a pro style offense. Same goes for Watson. There respective teams gave up future 1st rounders for them. Falk is basically the same QB. I don't know anything about Fitz and Litton.
and the point is what ? neither has played a down yet and both will experience growing pains getting under center

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw my first 2018 mock, It has the Redskins taking Saquon Barkley with the 7th pick. Sounds like they predict the Skins to be 5-11 or 6-10.

Darnold, Allen and Rosen go in the first 4 rounds. Rudolph goes No. 11 and Falk at No. 24. That was it for 1st round picks. Of course they have to play the season out for starters.
yes , you are right and some will rise and some will fall . but if you are a FO and you have to figure out options , you start here

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes was not drafted to be a starter this year. He was drafted to be the eventual (2-3 years from now) replacement for Smith.

The real question should be, aside from desperation, would any one have either drafted Mahomes to start now, or traded up to get him to start now.

ts great for him that he was drafted in the first round.. .but the real question is SHOULD he have been drafted in the first round? Because we have over the years seen alot of QBs drafted in the first round who should NOT have been drafted in the first round but were pushed up the boards due to team desperation.

I dont think Mahomes was a case of desperation so much as planning for the future and being willing to give up the draft capitol in order to plan for the future.

I would actually be thrilled if we signed Kirk long term and still drafted his eventual replacement in the first round next year. I just dont want to see us going into the 2018 draft with the mindset of we need to find a starter NOW. Because as we have seen, if we trade up for a QB, he is going to start ready or not.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a big advantage for Mahomes to be drafted by KC. We all know Andy is a QB whisperer. It can't do anything but help a kid who has a lot of physical skills but probably needs some polishing for the NFL level. Meanwhile Smith hold down the fort for two or three years.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the point is what ? neither has played a down yet and both will experience growing pains getting under center

the point is that non pro style college qb's go in the first round