• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Number of rounds in MBBRL Dynasty Draft

How many rounds should we have in the draft?

• Other(please explain in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This way is pretty good! ;)

View attachment 111633

Anyways, I guess we're set for what we are doing this year, correct? If so, can we get it spelled out for the slightly slower amongst us (me!)?
I have a proposal, but not the time to type it out atm..but I'd prefer were all on page, officially, rather than the assumption that we are. .brb

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, what happened to my proposal?
I put the proposal in the wrong thread! !

Got time sooner than I thought-

Chef, basically the Drop/Draft/Pass option goes like this-
All 14 owners enter the draft with whatever picks we've accumulated thus far. .each round each owner has the option to drop a player, and draft a player. .or they can pass. When their next turn comes around, they still have the same options, regardless of whether they passed last round or not. And that continues until 5 rounds are completed. Veteran FA's are available, players dropped DURING the draft are available.

Now I believe that is the assumption we've all been working with ever since the polls closed.

But, he's my proposal -
One more poll! With the above as plan A/option A

And a second option of not doing the drop/draft/pass, but rather Harold's idea of roster expansion. We temporarily expand the roster max, go through the draft and set a time where we need to be back to 18. Harold originally suggested some time during preseason (I think), I would propose anytime between OTA's and opening of camp to minimize the "wait and see" aspect of the roster expansion. Veteran FA's would be available, but obviously there would not be any players dropped during the draft, they would be available as FA's after they're dropped at the back to 18 roster limit deadline.

With my small brain, these are the best 2 options that don't affect the rules we've previously agreed to. If anyone else has ideas that DON'T AFFECT the previously agreed upon rules, by all means, now is the time.

That or, we just chug along under the assumption of drop/draft/pass

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure yet if I like those exact proposals, but the idea is a winner.

any thought on how to improve them??

All 14 owners enter the draft with whatever picks we've accumulated thus far. .each round each owner has the option to drop a player, and draft a player. .or they can pass. When their next turn comes around, they still have the same options, regardless of whether they passed last round or not. And that continues until 5 rounds are completed. Veteran FA's are available, players dropped DURING the draft are available.

Now I believe that is the assumption we've all been working with ever since the polls closed.

But, he's my proposal -

And a second option of not doing the drop/draft/pass, but rather Harold's idea of roster expansion. We temporarily expand the roster max, go through the draft and set a time where we need to be back to 18. Harold originally suggested some time during preseason (I think), I would propose anytime between OTA's and opening of camp to minimize the "wait and see" aspect of the roster expansion. Veteran FA's would be available, but obviously there would not be any players dropped during the draft, they would be available as FA's after they're dropped at the back to 18 roster limit deadline.

With my small brain, these are the best 2 options that don't affect the rules we've previously agreed to. If anyone else has ideas that DON'T AFFECT the previously agreed upon rules, by all means, now is the time.

Why would you pass in one round and then draft in a later round... the player was clearly available!!!

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players the other owners dropped between your picks weren't though. ..

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for the drop/draft/pass this year since that is basically what was discussed previously. I think we sort of addressed roster expansion idea somewhere in the polls. ..... but at this point I'm in for whatever. Just like to know what the whatever is. ....

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^^^I like.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for the drop/draft/pass this year since that is basically what was discussed previously. I think we sort of addressed roster expansion idea somewhere in the polls. ..... but at this point I'm in for whatever. Just like to know what the whatever is. ....

My sentiments exactly. .just want it to be done so we can get to the actual draft. Only proposed it in an effort to make it official, and get past it

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, he's my proposal -

Just chug along with what the majority of league assumed is the way to go. My ideas came about after I realized you wanted to drop players during the draft. Obviously I read over that part initially, so I'm at fault there. However, I suggest this gets revisited after the draft and before the season begins in order to prepare for next offseason. Bc IMO this affects trades with draft picks and takes away that "hope and a prayer" option with rookies. Anyway, this an be discussed later. Draft stays the way it was, for this year.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sentiments exactly. .just want it to be done so we can get to the actual draft. Only proposed it in an effort to make it official, and get past it
As for the actual draft, I will then have to change it to an offline one and input picks afterwards. This may or may not reset the draft picks again. Will notify everyone if it happens and I'll go back and manually change picks to what they should be.

Since this will be done on here, I guess our draft can begin Sunday night or Monday morning if people want it that way. I made it for the following Friday just to give people time to research and prepare but my guess is nobody wants or needs it. Correct?

Also I think the 24-hr rule should still apply. Even though we have months before the season starts, everyone should have the same amount of time per pick. Waiting days shouldn't be an option IMO.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just chug along with what the majority of league assumed is the way to go. My ideas came about after I realized you wanted to drop players during the draft. Obviously I read over that part initially, so I'm at fault there. However, I suggest this gets revisited after the draft and before the season begins in order to prepare for next offseason. Bc IMO this affects trades with draft picks and takes away that "hope and a prayer" option with rookies. Anyway, this an be discussed later. Draft stays the way it was, for this year.
Perfectly fine with me. And agreed, we should hammer it out, officially, one way or the other, well in advance of next season

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the actual draft, I will then have to change it to an offline one and input picks afterwards. This may or may not reset the draft picks again. Will notify everyone if it happens and I'll go back and manually change picks to what they should be.

Since this will be done on here, I guess our draft can begin Sunday night or Monday morning if people want it that way. I made it for the following Friday just to give people time to research and prepare but my guess is nobody wants or needs it. Correct?

Also I think the 24-hr rule should still apply. Even though we have months before the season starts, everyone should have the same amount of time per pick. Waiting days shouldn't be an option IMO.
Yep, as soon as the draft is over, Bar can set us off as far as I'm concerned. Between the 1st round and Mr. Irrelevant, there's two days already, and by the time we get to scraping the bottom of the barrel, there will have been another few days passed from the end of the draft.
24hr clock sounds great to me as well

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double E. Picked already unless some one makes an offer I can not refuse.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is derrick related to travis??

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, as soon as the draft is over, Bar can set us off as far as I'm concerned. Between the 1st round and Mr. Irrelevant, there's two days already, and by the time we get to scraping the bottom of the barrel, there will have been another few days passed from the end of the draft.
24hr clock sounds great to me as well
Sounds good to me also.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double E. Picked already unless some one makes an offer I can not refuse.
Sounds like nearly everyone gave it a shot. After hearing some of them, I'm not real sure I can even call my attempt in the parking lot of the ballpark. .Bar wanted Ezekiel bad!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like nearly everyone gave it a shot. After hearing some of them, I'm not real sure I can even call my attempt in the parking lot of the ballpark. .Bar wanted Ezekiel bad!
It would be interesting to hear the offers.:scared: Did anyone make a offer that actually tempted him?