• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Number of rounds in MBBRL Dynasty Draft

How many rounds should we have in the draft?

• Other(please explain in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at Harold for instance he has 14 on his roster and 9 picks in the first 5 rounds
well that makes 23 players or 5 over max

something wrong here no???

is it Harold's fault ? certainly not

this leans towards Micros point (at least i think so)

reality is we should all have a combination of roster players and future draft picks equaling 18
should we not

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most leagues place values on keepers
ie this keeper costs me a 10th rounder
this one a 5th etc etc
we certainly all know that as the better posts involve all you guys reasons and opinions on which is a better keeper

yet this league hasn't placed values on keepers

thus my belief (which i know doesnt or wont wash) is that if we all keep the same 13 then we all draft in each round
but if you keep more than you loose picks

(the wont sell part now) if you keep 16 then you would not have a 1st 2nd or 3rd round draft pick
you would only draft in round 4 where all teams are on their 17th player
and then again draft in round 5 when all teams are now choosing their 18th player

now some or all prob wouldnt agree but i state this because we dont place any value or designation on each keepers value

thus we may need to all keep the same amount or be sure that some one who keeps 17 doesnt trade away any draft picks from round 2 or later because this team only has 1 draft pick to go with his 17 keepers

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at Harold for instance he has 14 on his roster and 9 picks in the first 5 rounds

reality is we should all have a combination of roster players and future draft picks equaling 18
should we not
I have 19 players right now and a number of picks.

I prolly should go cut somebody.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most leagues place values on keepers
ie this keeper costs me a 10th rounder
this one a 5th etc etc
we certainly all know that as the better posts involve all you guys reasons and opinions on which is a better keeper

yet this league hasn't placed values on keepers

thus my belief (which i know doesnt or wont wash) is that if we all keep the same 13 then we all draft in each round
but if you keep more than you loose picks

(the wont sell part now) if you keep 16 then you would not have a 1st 2nd or 3rd round draft pick
you would only draft in round 4 where all teams are on their 17th player
and then again draft in round 5 when all teams are now choosing their 18th player

now some or all prob wouldnt agree but i state this because we dont place any value or designation on each keepers value

thus we may need to all keep the same amount or be sure that some one who keeps 17 doesnt trade away any draft picks from round 2 or later because this team only has 1 draft pick to go with his 17 keepers
I agree with you on the draft. Atleast the part where a guy who keeps two should only pick in round 4 and 5.(this would hurt me and what I've done this offseason. But I'm still on that side of the fence anyway.) I've sang this song for years in keepers and dynasty. And never get anywhere. I think it'd be best for parity.

As to the values on keepers, I don't think it's needed. We're doing dynasty instead of keeper, and that to me is a major difference. Although were hybridizing a lot, which I like.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="Barilko, post: 8298065, member: 4785"]Look at Harold for instance he has 14 on his roster and 9 picks in the first 5 rounds

should we not[/QUOTE]

Actually I think this leans towards Treff's point that deals have been made on the assumption that teams won't have to use picks. In fact the vote for 5 rounds was made because of the same assumption. I think one round may have won the day otherwise, if not one then two. I say that because I feel most teams only want to use two picks and some only one. Picks become white elephants, they cost you more then they are worth.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the commish wants to over-rule the conclusion we all reached going into the draft, then so be it.
Just make the decision and let's move forward. .... time grows short. The 'rule's' thread needs to reflect.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the commish wants to over-rule the conclusion we all reached going into the draft, then so be it.
Just make the decision and let's move forward. .... time grows short. The 'rule's' thread needs to reflect.
First, I'm not here to over rule anything. I'm trying to get the "dropping players during the draft" issue resolved.

Second, going back into some of the threads, I still have yet to see where it was agreed upon that players can be dropped during the draft. This is my only issue. Not the amount of keepers.

As I and many have stated before, if a team loves ALL 18 of their players, they shouldn't be required to drop anyone just to draft. However, if teams are going to drop players, there needs/needed to be a deadline bc the trading of draft picks can be affected. Also, I am of the opinion that dropping players during the draft takes away an important part of a dynasty league. Youre asking teams not to make decisions on their roster until it's their turn to pick, but yet allowing the trading of picks that you may or may not have based on decisions during the draft. Doesn't seem right to me.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="Barilko, post: 8298065, member: 4785"]

I think one round may have won the day otherwise, if not one then two. I say that because I feel most teams only want to use two picks and some only one. Picks become white elephants, they cost you more then they are worth.
I don't agree. I dropped 3 players bc Peyton retired and I feel the two players I dropped are both easily replaceable in my roster by either rookies or players not on current fantasy teams. So my 3 picks, TO ME, are very important to this upcoming season. But I can see your point as it goes back to the fact that some teams do love all 18 players, or 17/16. But, not every team is built the same.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. This could come up in potential scenarios if we don't set a deadline that keepers need to be set by.

Again, I've never seen or even heard of a dynasty league where there isn't a clear cut keeper deadline date. .
Well first we've got to realize that we can't set a date for keepers, becuase we've already determined we can keep everyone. .so we can't brow this through a lense that had a keeper deadline. .becuase we don't have one. .becuase, again. .we voted. .unanimously..not to be forced to drop anyone. So whatever we come up with, has to keep that in mind. .we unquestionably decided we can keep 18 if we so decided. .period. so there is no such thing as a keeper deadline, becuase this is a true blue dynasty, not a keeper league. The only reason it seems odd, is that we've never been in one where we're allowed to keep the entire roster.
So we either need to drop/draft round by round. .OR..we adopt @HaroldSeattle 's expansion idea of expanding the rosters temporarily until after the draft, and then cut back to 18..that would still allow owners to participate in as many rounds as they choose, when they choose. .and cut or not cut whomever they like based on whether they felt the pick was worth citing someone they already had.

Those are the only two ways I can think of where we stay true to the ability to keep all 18.

This is why we needed everyone around voicing opinions concerns and wishes when we were making these decisions. Now the draft is literally around the corner, and this is something that would alter each and every decision that had been already made from roster size, to amount we can keep, to draft size. ..very very frustrating that this is only coming up now and not 2 months ago.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I'm not here to over rule anything. I'm trying to get the "dropping players during the draft" issue resolved.

Second, going back into some of the threads, I still have yet to see where it was agreed upon that players can be dropped during the draft. This is my only issue. Not the amount of keepers.

As I and many have stated before, if a team loves ALL 18 of their players, they shouldn't be required to drop anyone just to draft. However, if teams are going to drop players, there needs/needed to be a deadline bc the trading of draft picks can be affected. Also, I am of the opinion that dropping players during the draft takes away an important part of a dynasty league. Youre asking teams not to make decisions on their roster until it's their turn to pick, but yet allowing the trading of picks that you may or may not have based on decisions during the draft. Doesn't seem right to me.

From the "How many mandatory rounds if any for MBBL Dynasty" poll. ..... perhaps not a formal agreement but I asked IF it would work this way and got nothing to the contrary. .... your quote only specifically addressed the number of keepers.

I voted zero, doubtful anyone will keep everyone on their team but believe the option should be there to do so. ...

Once settled (unless) all 5 are mandatory, am I correct in thinking the draft could go something like this;
RD 1
Team 1, drafts and drops one
Teams 2 - 8, draft and drops one
Team 9, opts not to draft in Rd 1
Teams 10 - 14, draft and drop
RD 2
Team 1-8 draft and drop
Team 9, see someone dropped he wants so he drafts and drops one
Team 10 - 14, draft and drop
RD 3
Teams 1 - 5, draft and drop
Teams 6 - 12, opt not to draft
Team 13 - 14, draft and drop

etc

Is this the understanding or have I been exposed to second-hand whacky weed ?

This is exactly how I've envisioned it, and how every dynasty I've ever been a part of had done it. .and I voted the same as well

I'll add my agreement. I'll be shocked if this vote isn't lopsided in agreement with Lefty view on the matter.

Read up just a bit on this and this is how it should be imo. A team shouldn't be forced to drop players if they feel comfortable with all 18 players. They won't have any draft picks and could potentially miss out on a rook or two, but it's their team to do with as they wish.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of like the drop/pass idea... As long as the player dropped is available for the next pick... Talk about an exciting draft...

Milk and I agree on a fundamental rule that isn't exactly "mainstream"..the 7th seal has been broken! Repent! REPENT I SAY!!

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the "How many mandatory rounds if any for MBBL Dynasty" poll. ..... perhaps not a formal agreement but I asked IF it would work this way and got nothing to the contrary. .... your quote only specifically addressed the number of keepers.
Jesus, I must have skipped over your part, or mis-read it. Didn't realize that. Mea culpa.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why we needed everyone around voicing opinions concerns and wishes when we were making these decisions. Now the draft is literally around the corner, and this is something that would alter each and every decision that had been already made from roster size, to amount we can keep, to draft size. ..very very frustrating that this is only coming up now and not 2 months ago.
I didn't think fantasy football would even be talked about this soon tbh. Baseball just started.

I can understand not wanting to change what had been apparently agreed upon. But it will need to be addressed next offseason. I simply think it's a dumb idea(even if I accidentally agreed with it ;) )that teams can drop players during the draft in order to use their pick. Moving on I guess.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, I must have skipped over your part, or mis-read it. Didn't realize that. Mea culpa.

I was beginning to wonder if maybe you had me on 'ignore' ..... :suds:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think fantasy football would even be talked about this soon tbh. Baseball just started.
I used to think the same thing till I ran into this bunch. .thers like a month-month and a half lull between the Super Bowl and whenever everyone's brackets get screwed in March. And that was BEFORE we started a dynasty.

Just openly venting my frustrations, nor necessarily directed at you, there are a couple others that haven't voiced their opinions or voted also. Hell, I myself had to be poked a couple times to wake up and get into the swing of it too.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I don't have anyone on ignore. Don't even know where that function is.

This way is pretty good! ;)

200.gif

Anyways, I guess we're set for what we are doing this year, correct? If so, can we get it spelled out for the slightly slower amongst us (me!)?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to add 2 rules that are non fantasy related but will be a lot of fun and really make winning a priority(more so than already)

SportsHoopla Avi Bets... The High scorer of the week picks a new SportsHoopla avi for a week for the lowest scorer of the week.

Team name bet- the FIRST non playoff team can change the team name of the last place team

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to add 2 rules that are non fantasy related but will be a lot of fun and really make winning a priority(more so than already)

SportsHoopla Avi Bets... The High scorer of the week picks a new SportsHoopla avi for a week for the lowest scorer of the week.

Team name bet- the FIRST non playoff team can change the team name of the last place team

Not sure yet if I like those exact proposals, but the idea is a winner.