• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If this league was created next season would you likely be interested in joining it?

Would this league interest you enough to give it a go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Potential Fantasy Football League

Dynasty League

12 Team league with 3 four team divisions ~ 6 team playoffs with division winners + next 2 best records + remaining team with highest points scored.

2 win format with H2H wins + wins for the 6 highest scoring teams each week.

Tiered PPR

FAB with a waiver moratorium beginning after championship game and ending sometime just before or after the rookie draft.

Trade deadline the Monday after week 12 games. Trading resumes after championship weekend.

3-5 player taxi squad, only rookies & 2nd year players eligible.

Startup draft: Auction including rookies.

Yearly rookie draft apx 2 weeks after NFL draft: Linear draft in reverse order of previous seasons final standings.

Preferred host site: Sleeper

Roster makeup

1-QB

2-RB

3-WR

1-TE

1-Superflex or RB/WR/TE flex

2-RB/WR/TE flex

1-Def

1-K

14-Bench

4-IR

5-Taxi squad (Rookies & 2nd year players only)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
assuming there is no buy-in, if I'm at the point next spring/summer where I'm taking on a new non-money league, this looks to capture a lot of the settings I'd want for a new dynasty league.

I prefer IDP over DST by a very long shot and hate a trade deadline in dynasty but to each their own, I understand why both are still popular settings, pros and cons to everything

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would taxi squad be part of the initial draft??

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the settings exactly?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am at my limit with leagues.

But I will say this, I loathe superflex leagues. Using typical scoring, draft 2 good QB and you'll dominate. The other positions become less important. That format ruins it for me.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too am at my max but the format looks good.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But I will say this, I loathe superflex leagues. Using typical scoring, draft 2 good QB and you'll dominate. The other positions become less important. That format ruins it for me.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As I showed in my outline I I'm not married to the idea of it being a superflex league but those are so damn popular these days that I could live with it if it meant the league being viable. I lean towards it not being superflex

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I will say this, I loathe superflex leagues.
I am in one superflex league this year. Second year I have tried it (not very good in year one). So far so good. Top score in week one by 29 points over next best. My two QBs- Herbert and Tua.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the settings exactly?
I haven't broken down the league into its exact scoring settings but it would be as close to today's standard as possible. Not a big fan of 6 point touchdowns passed but that's not a deal breaker either. In general I'm not a fan of altering stats to give one position more value over another such as leagues that increase tight endpoints to make tight ends more valuable. I think each of the main offensive positions are what they are and I think receiving yards should be the same for anyone who receives a pass and rushing yards should rushes for yardage. I will certainly put all scoring stats on paper at some point but my goal with that outline is to get an initial idea on whether the league would be viable based on the interest I get from this thread. Frankly the other people I play with in other leagues I would not consider for this one because Dynasty leagues must have dedicated owners and I don't know a group of people more dedicated/committed to their leagues then those of you here.

Zep

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't broken down the league into its exact scoring settings but it would be as close to today's standard as possible. Not a big fan of 6 point touchdowns passed but that's not a deal breaker either. In general I'm not a fan of altering stats to give one position more value over another such as leagues that increase tight endpoints to make tight ends more valuable. I think each of the main offensive positions are what they are and I think receiving yards should be the same for anyone who receives a pass and rushing yards should rushes for yardage. I will certainly put all scoring stats on paper at some point but my goal with that outline is to get an initial idea on whether the league would be viable based on the interest I get from this thread. Frankly the other people I play with in other leagues I would not consider for this one because Dynasty leagues must have dedicated owners and I don't know a group of people more dedicated/committed to their leagues then those of you here.

Zep
I was actually asking about @SmokingMonkey league, I should have quoted his post, my bad.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually asking about @SmokingMonkey league, I should have quoted his post, my bad.

I'm not starting a league, was saying that I liked his settings and he had a lot of the things that I would be looking for in a new league if I were to join one, or start one for that matter

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would consider a dynasty start up. Definitely looking to add another

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My current plan is to create this league on Sleeper in December when that option becomes available for 2024 so I will repost about this then.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of questions for any of you in dynasty leagues with draft pick trading.

1. Do you have any rules limiting anything to do with pick trading or do you leave it wide open for teams to trade any or all their draft picks for any season?
  2. Any pitfalls to draft pick trading that anyone who hasn't been in a pick trading league should be aware of?
Zep

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of questions for any of you in dynasty leagues with draft pick trading.

1. Do you have any rules limiting anything to do with pick trading or do you leave it wide open for teams to trade any or all their draft picks for any season?
  2. Any pitfalls to draft pick trading that anyone who hasn't been in a pick trading league should be aware of?
Zep
The only hangup I can think of with picks is that future ones, aren’t always available on the site.

2024 picks are available to deal. But not 2025 and later. So down the road picks that are swapped need to be catalogued.

A theoretical issue that could come up, especially if it’s a money league, is an uncommitted owner going completely all in and then leaving the league.

Have a lot of years of dynasty with pick trading under my belt, have yet to see it. (Have sortve seen it once) But the risk is there depending on league members.

Trading picks is a big part of the fun of dynasty imo. Something I do often, buying and selling.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only hangup I can think of with picks is that future ones, aren’t always available on the site.

2024 picks are available to deal. But not 2025 and later. So down the road picks that are swapped need to be catalogued.

A theoretical issue that could come up, especially if it’s a money league, is an uncommitted owner going completely all in and then leaving the league.

Have a lot of years of dynasty with pick trading under my belt, have yet to see it. (Have sortve seen it once) But the risk is there depending on league members.

Trading picks is a big part of the fun of dynasty imo. Something I do often, buying and selling.
Thanks for that info Smitty