• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Number of rounds in MBBRL Dynasty Draft

How many rounds should we have in the draft?

• Other(please explain in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks as if current players will NOT be put into a draft spot like other sites do. So they stay on your roster and we will only be drafting rookies and FAs not on any owners' team. I assume most owners are keeping the majority of their roster, but want to get every one's input as to how many rounds the draft should be, just in case their are teams that want to keep less players.

For example, if you keep 16 players, you will draft 2 and the remaining rounds for YOUR team will simply be skipped because you have no roster room. If you keep 14, you will draft 4 rounds then the remaining rounds will be skipped.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As many as is needed to make the guy who's keeping the fewest players happy.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But when can we start DROPPING players??

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we already opted for 5 rds - with everyone having the option to draft each rd or skip 1 or more, but perhaps that wasn't 'official'. .... If not, my vote was for 5 like I thought we already decided.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we already opted for 5 rds - with everyone having the option to draft each rd or skip 1 or more, but perhaps that wasn't 'official'. .... If not, my vote was for 5 like I thought we already decided.
So everyone agreed to keep atleast 13 then? Bc if so, then I can set the draft to 5 rounds. I just wanted to verify it and make sure everyone was cool with whatever number we choose. I can't imagine a team wanting to keep less than 13 since they drafted their own team. It's not like they picked up a dead team.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So everyone agreed to keep atleast 13 then? Bc if so, then I can set the draft to 5 rounds. I just wanted to verify it and make sure everyone was cool with whatever number we choose. I can't imagine a team wanting to keep less than 13 since they drafted their own team. It's not like they picked up a dead team.

Based upon the the results of the "how many rounds for the rookie draft" poll, I would say that is correct. If someone opts to drop more, then they would have to take their chances on waivers.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whatever way we go 1 poll might not do it

lets say the choice of draft 2 ends with 5 votes
the choice of 1 only gets 1 vote

but the choice of 5 has 4 votes
and 6 has 2 votes
and 7 or more has 2 votes

in this scenario the choice of draft 2 would be the majority vote but it would cry for a further vote as the people who want 5 or more draft picks would actually total to a bigger majority

at least that is how i see it

sorry if the 2nd poll is actually intended and my post is academic ...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this blows. .sort of. .
Wasn't planning on dropping anyone until my spot in the draft comes up. ..each round. .one at a time becuase honestly, I don't have the slightest clue if the 2nd or 3rd guy in my roster is gonna be worth dropping by the time 27, or 41 other players have gone off the board.
So I'm voting for one. .and we need an option to do more if we do choose, but only one mandatory imho-technically should be zero, but hell, theres always at least one guy worth dropping

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this blows. .sort of. .
Wasn't planning on dropping anyone until my spot in the draft comes up. ..each round. .one at a time becuase honestly, I don't have the slightest clue if the 2nd or 3rd guy in my roster is gonna be worth dropping by the time 27, or 41 other players have gone off the board.
So I'm voting for one. .and we need an option to do more if we do choose, but only one mandatory imho-technically should be zero, but hell, theres always at least one guy worth dropping

I think that is exactly the way we had tentatively decided. 5 rds total - use if you want as your turn comes up - draft then drop, trade or pass that rd. I'm not sure what the confusion is now. ...........

BTW - good to have you back ....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is exactly the way we had tentatively decided. 5 rds total - use if you want as your turn comes up - draft then drop, trade or pass that rd. I'm not sure what the confusion is now. ...........

BTW - good to have you back ....
Thanks! Good to be back. .the Caribbean is great and all, but missing my bed, my couch, my tv..my Internet!
Lol

Well, as long as it's drop and draft round by round .not drop the number of rounds worth of players, and then draft, I don't care how many rounds there are, and the 5 we previously decided on would be fine

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks! Good to be back. .the Caribbean is great and all, but missing my bed, my couch, my tv..my Internet!
Lol

Well, as long as it's drop and draft round by round .not drop the number of rounds worth of players, and then draft, I don't care how many rounds there are, and the 5 we previously decided on would be fine

Exactly - we're not dropping anyone before draft unless there is some major shift in 'rules'.

@TREFF - BTW - don't forget our offer for consideration. ...... I think we can make that happen.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly - we're not dropping anyone before draft unless there is some major shift in 'rules'.
Then the draft won't be able to be live on the site. You're only allowed the number of picks to get to the roster max of 18. So if you only dropped one when the draft starts, you only get one draft pick. The system automatically skips your next pick and gives a message saying you don't have enough roster space. It doesn't allow you to drop during the draft.

Guess the draft will be done here then.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then the draft won't be able to be live on the site. You're only allowed the number of picks to get to the roster max of 18. So if you only dropped one when the draft starts, you only get one draft pick. The system automatically skips your next pick and gives a message saying you don't have enough roster space. It doesn't allow you to drop during the draft.

I'm totally fine with that. ..it's what many of us had assumed coming in a month ago anyways :)

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting - wasn't aware of that but I'm totally fine with doing it here. ..... the alternative (dropping x number before the draft just doesn't seem palatable or reasonable. ....

Also - I think that is the reason you haven't gotten much interest in this poll (5 of 14) - - most assumed it will work as noted - in accordance with the other poll for number of draft rds.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not part of this (and regretting it), but can someone draft a player that someone else is cutting?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not part of this (and regretting it), but can someone draft a player that someone else is cutting?
That's what we had all thought, and wanted. .and if we do it here, with people actually dropping players on the site when they make their picks here. .thers no reason why we can't do that.

If we use the site though, current players won't be added to the pool, even the ones that aren't on teams.

So as long as micro is okay with manually editing the rosters once the draft is done, we'd have the full player pool, and the guys who have been dropped, available

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF - BTW - don't forget our offer for consideration. ...... I think we can make that happen.
oh I won't. .but we're in Miami today, San Antonio tomorrow, Denver late Sunday. .so won't be able to really give it the attention it deserves until after work Monday

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh I won't. .but we're in Miami today, San Antonio tomorrow, Denver late Sunday. .so won't be able to really give it the attention it deserves until after work Monday

You're a Travelin' Man - - That's fine. .....