• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How many rounds for the rookie draft?

How many rounds for rookie draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please only owners in MBBR Dynasty vote.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets get this done!

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like in reading some of the threads from last year that the majority wanted a three round draft. But each team could drop as many or as few as they wanted and did not have to participate in the draft if they did not want to. after three rounds you had to use the WW to fill your team in.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like in reading some of the threads from last year that the majority wanted a three round draft. But each team could drop as many or as few as they wanted and did not have to participate in the draft if they did not want to. after three rounds you had to use the WW to fill your team in.

Don't care for waivers as a way to fill your team - - should be done at draft IMO.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted 5 - - and I think those rds should include 'vets' now on waivers and those dropped during the draft. ....

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care for waivers as a way to fill your team - - should be done at draft IMO.

We never had a vote on this, so it is still up in the air, but that was the way I read the thread.

It looks to be like most of our rules we set last year had to deal with roster size, scoring, or last years draft. I didn't see anything that decided anything moving forward. Just a lot of discussions about future issues.

@HaroldSeattle I started a thread about what rules we have voted on. Anything we decide on here or later needs to be added, so we can have one place to look for rules.

MBBRL rules thread

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started a thread about what rules we have voted on. Anything we decide on here or later needs to be added, so we can have one place to look for rules.

Sounds like a fine idea, you volunteering to be the guy that adds rules voted on to that thread?

I'll sticky it, so it's easy to find.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you head in with a full team. .or at least you SHOULD...no reason to drop players before the draft other than to add to the pool for everyone else, (some weird form of generosity?) , so theoretically, you'd only have open spots that would be filled in the draft.

If you were silly enough to drop more than how ever many rounds we've got, tough love, but take your chances with the wolves after the draft

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted 5 - - and I think those rds should include 'vets' now on waivers and those dropped during the draft. ....
Agreed, and that applies regardless of 3 or 5 or "other". Vets should be allowed to be taken too, but I do believe that'll be a following poll? Probably? Maybe?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, and that applies regardless of 3 or 5 or "other". Vets should be allowed to be taken too, but I do believe that'll be a following poll? Probably? Maybe?

I like the idea of adding vets to the draft, but yeah think it needs to voted on.:rolleyes2:

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't vote yet. Because if we vote to add 5 rookies. Would that not push our rosters to 20 which we didn't vote on

If we are keeping 15 and adding 5. Then obviously we have a roster of 20. So....

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I just noticed roster max of 18 won.

So I will now vote

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't vote yet. Because if we vote to add 5 rookies. Would that not push our rosters to 20 which we didn't vote on

If we are keeping 15 and adding 5. Then obviously we have a roster of 20. So....
Well we have 18, are going to have 18. ..rounds are being decided. .not minimum/max keepers, aND if rounds end up exceeding 3, it just means an owner would have to drop a fourth or fifth or sixth or whatever in order to partake in those rounds of the draft.
Realistically, we could do an 18 round draft, we don't HAVE to keep a single solitary player, but later on, well decide how many we CAN keep, not how many we HAVE to keep, I can't imagine playing in a league that says you absolutely have to keep a certain amount year to year, imho, that's a crock. .if I want to switch out every member of my roster on one offseason, that's my choice. And in a dynasty setting like ours, it is also my opinion that we shouldn't have to drop anyone if don't want to. .but I digress, that's a different issue for a different poll

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you head in with a full team. .or at least you SHOULD...no reason to drop players before the draft other than to add to the pool for everyone else, (some weird form of generosity?) , so theoretically, you'd only have open spots that would be filled in the draft.

If you were silly enough to drop more than how ever many rounds we've got, tough love, but take your chances with the wolves after the draft

Agree - - that's why I voted 5. Gives you opportunity to potentially improve on 5 spots before taking your chances on waivers.

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we have 18, are going to have 18. ..rounds are being decided. .not minimum/max keepers, aND if rounds end up exceeding 3, it just means an owner would have to drop a fourth or fifth or sixth or whatever in order to partake in those rounds of the draft.
Realistically, we could do an 18 round draft, we don't HAVE to keep a single solitary player, but later on, well decide how many we CAN keep, not how many we HAVE to keep, I can't imagine playing in a league that says you absolutely have to keep a certain amount year to year, imho, that's a crock. .if I want to switch out every member of my roster on one offseason, that's my choice. And in a dynasty setting like ours, it is also my opinion that we shouldn't have to drop anyone if don't want to. .but I digress, that's a different issue for a different poll

im all in on this
thats sounds perfect
i only brought it up because some one mentioned that they thought some one else had mentioned that we all must keep 15

i really believe what you wrote above is how it should and probably will be

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
question boys
excuse my ignorance Eh!

Rookie draft is just a term and can be any available player correct
or is it just Rookies...