• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No Bowl-Advantage or not

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you guys been hearing the talking heads going crazy over this offense and how it has never been seen before...it has been seen before just not by a SEC team so it did not matter....lol

I am no expert when it comes to this discussion, but other than the fact Gus is using more motion in his offense... something that Dana uses... how is the rushing attack any different than what Rich installed at WVU? Zone read... inside zone... outside zone... power... all were employed by Rich. Am I missing something?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way ahead of the game, but does anyone know when the blue gold game will be this year?

This might be one of the more interesting ones to make, could get a idea if the break helped or hurt. I would almost kill for a clear cut frontrunner at QB.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am no expert when it comes to this discussion, but other than the fact Gus is using more motion in his offense... something that Dana uses... how is the rushing attack any different than what Rich installed at WVU? Zone read... inside zone... outside zone... power... all were employed by Rich. Am I missing something?

The only real difference I see between Gus and RR is that Gus has become a little more creative with his formations then taking the play to the side that is outnumbered.

It also helps that there are a bunch of 4 star guys on the line instead of the 2-3 star kids that RR had.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way ahead of the game, but does anyone know when the blue gold game will be this year?

This might be one of the more interesting ones to make, could get a idea if the break helped or hurt. I would almost kill for a clear cut frontrunner at QB.
You can pretty much bet no matter what happens in the BG game no starter will be named. This staff holds info similar to the KGB on such matters, well that and no need to tip off Bama about who our QB will be :whistle:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can pretty much bet no matter what happens in the BG game no starter will be named. This staff holds info similar to the KGB on such matters, well that and no need to tip off Bama about who our QB will be :whistle:

This is true, well hopefully someone stands out so us fans can be a little more calm...lol

EERNSC

Wetzel County Proud
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has WVU REALLY fallen this far, this quick, that "fans" are so eat up with Luck that they are saying it's good to NOT go to a bowl??? That it is BETTER for THIS team to NOT have those extra practices???? FUCKING PATHETIC!!!!!

Well, about the only thing that would be F*%@ing Pathetic" is that if WVU deserved a bowl and was overlooked. This year they did not, under any form of reasoning, deserve a post season trip. Now granted, a bowl is always a good thing no matter even if it is the Pin Stripe. But if the record is so bad that you don't even deserve that level of post season play then there is an upswing in the amount of extra time allowed for recruiting. Bowl bound coaches are pretty tied up keeping their teams ready while WVU coaches are hitting the scouting trail. I read constant complaining about the lack of depth being a huge reason for the poor performance and product put on the field this year. So in this particular case, in this particular year it may just be the better of the two.
Just my humble opinion is all.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, about the only thing that would be F*%@ing Pathetic" is that if WVU deserved a bowl and was overlooked. This year they did not, under any form of reasoning, deserve a post season trip. Now granted, a bowl is always a good thing no matter even if it is the Pin Stripe. But if the record is so bad that you don't even deserve that level of post season play then there is an upswing in the amount of extra time allowed for recruiting. Bowl bound coaches are pretty tied up keeping their teams ready while WVU coaches are hitting the scouting trail. I read constant complaining about the lack of depth being a huge reason for the poor performance and product put on the field this year. So in this particular case, in this particular year it may just be the better of the two.
:10::agree:

It is not that fans do not want a bowl game, it is after a season like this rest, prep, and recruiting might be just what we need to shorten the distance between us and the top tier teams in the Big 12.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree, in THIS years case, it could be a VERY good thing. So far so good!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10::agree:

It is not that fans do not want a bowl game, it is after a season like this rest, prep, and recruiting might be just what we need to shorten the distance between us and the top tier teams in the Big 12.

What is strange is that SOME complain of a lack of talent and depth, how is it we can play with UT and OU, beat OSU, BUT get manhandled by KU and give away a 24 point lead to IAST???? With even LESS practice time as a team and the trajectory Holgorsen has us on, 10-3, 7-6, 4-8, 1-11?????????? We are as good as anyone in this league when the team plays as a team, and as bad as anyone in the league when we do not. Holgorsen needs to spend a LOT of this offseason learning from his peers how to be a head coach. IF Brown gets fired from Texas, Luck should be hiring him as a consultant.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is strange is that SOME complain of a lack of talent and depth, how is it we can play with UT and OU, beat OSU, BUT get manhandled by KU and give away a 24 point lead to IAST???? With even LESS practice time as a team and the trajectory Holgorsen has us on, 10-3, 7-6, 4-8, 1-11?????????? We are as good as anyone in this league when the team plays as a team, and as bad as anyone in the league when we do not. Holgorsen needs to spend a LOT of this offseason learning from his peers how to be a head coach. IF Brown gets fired from Texas, Luck should be hiring him as a consultant.

We hung tough with them in the beginning of the year. By the end of the year, we were so depleted from injuries, that there was no depth at all left. The players had played so many snaps, that they were completely worn out about 3/4 of the way threw the season.

I know you won't like it, but I'm for keeping Holgerson one more year after next season no matter what our record is at the end of the year. Holgerson has made mistakes, I'm not denying that but he will learn from them. This is his first ever HC job. How many of us were masters of our trade right off the bat? I'm a Mercedes Benz BMW tech, and I can tell you I was no where as gifted as I'm now 10 years ago, and I wave been doing my trade since 1990. I sure fawked some things up when I was first learning my trade.

Look at the recruiting upswing we are getting. There have been many recruits that are saying they want to help us get back to where we belong.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
always with the negatives can be counted on to not be positive wvu goes 8-4 and goes bowling eat that dad

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We hung tough with them in the beginning of the year. By the end of the year, we were so depleted from injuries, that there was no depth at all left. The players had played so many snaps, that they were completely worn out about 3/4 of the way threw the season.

There you go, spot on, but the end of the year even our Seniors wore wore down.....Look at Shaq of the DL. First 4 or 5 weeks he was playing like a top pick, at the end of the season you barely heard his name called...he played most of the season banged up and we had to burn a redshit for his back up. Cook didn't even play his senior day. IMO we had three Seniors that made a impact (shaq, Cook, Sims) and one of those was a transfer, that usually does not equal many wins anywhere. Doug Rigg was better than in years before. Right now we are getting to the point where we will start seeing a solid two deep on paper. We are still young but at least we will have guys in these positions. Heck if anything i am more positive that we hung with those schools who have top classes every year with a team of guys we just throgh together.

I still think if you had Saban running this show the resluts this season would not be much better if at all...I would give him two more years as well Mike. DH has been far from perfect no arguement there, but I have no problem giving a first time head coach more time. Program will be around for years to come regardless.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
??????? Texas was three weeks from the end of the season, some of those better players who were hurt were back to play against IAST. The team has no fire under this coach, and has not since the 2012 Texas game. We are stuck with him for next year, but no way I commit for two more years right now. Jim, 8-4 next year buys him another year, IF there is no bowl again next year, he gets the boot.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think if you had Saban running this show the resluts this season would not be much better if at all...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::wtf2: Saban would have won 9 games at least. The BS playcalling that cost us the OU, UT, IAST games would not have occurred, the punt and kick return bullshit would have been handled the first time it happened, timeouts would not have been wasted, there would have NOT been 4th and 14 plays run at mid field in the 2nd quarter. If Saban was coaching Kent State again, and Holgorsen was coaching the Patriots, I wouldnt bet money on the game.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol::lol::lol::lol::wtf2: Saban would have won 9 games at least. The BS playcalling that cost us the OU, UT, IAST games would not have occurred, the punt and kick return bullshit would have been handled the first time it happened, timeouts would not have been wasted, there would have NOT been 4th and 14 plays run at mid field in the 2nd quarter. If Saban was coaching Kent State again, and Holgorsen was coaching the Patriots, I wouldnt bet money on the game.

and mickey mouse sleeps with daisy duck

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All good points, but here's hoping he has learned from his mistakes during this past season while he reflects in the time he has when he would have been prepping for a bowl. Like you said, our leader has lifted the tablets and given us the law, no changes next year! NOW it's time to CHARGE THE HILL!! GO OUT IN A BLAZE OF GLORY!!!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:whistle:Saban only won 7 games his first year at the great Alabama....One loss being to a 6-6 LA-Monroe.

Oh the special teams would have all been fixed, seems like Saban just had a big special teams gaffe that cost him a shot at the title.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:whistle:Saban only won 7 games his first year at the great Alabama....One loss being to a 6-6 LA-Monroe.

Oh the special teams would have all been fixed, seems like Saban just had a big special teams gaffe that cost him a shot at the title.

FIRST year, notice the difference, Saban at Alabama 2007 7-6, 2008 12-2, 2009 14-0
Holgorsen at WVU 2011 10-3, 2012 7-6, 2013 4-8

If any more explanation is needed, youll never get it

I would say that no coach would have given that improbable runback a thought, but they will now.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow what a surprise Dad thinks DH is a bad coach....totally shocked.

Every coach has made bad calls, I guess first asking for one second to be added to the clock to try a 57 yard FG with your back up kicker is a great coaching call....or maybe the fact your FG unit had no clue he could return the ball.

Saban is a good coach when he is surrounded by the best talent in the nation...lets see his first 4 years at Michigan St he only broke .500 once....but yeah he would have came in here with the same team we had and lead them to a title. SMH some people do live in a fantasy world.