• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No Bowl-Advantage or not

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think recruits don't see where teams they are intrested in are going bowling? Come to West Virginia and stay home for the holidays or go to Rutgers and get to go to New York? Or UCF and go to Arizona?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think recruits don't see where teams they are intrested in are going bowling? Come to West Virginia and stay home for the holidays or go to Rutgers and get to go to New York? Or UCF and go to Arizona?

Since the desperation move to the B12, maybe the kids were tired of travelling and WANTED to stay home!!!!:lol:

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We USED to have a damned fine walk on program, but this coach dismantled it.

same thing happened here when callahan was the coach, he threw out all of our old traditions and crammed the west coast offense down our throat and shut off the walk on program. Pelini isnt real popular now but he has at least made an effort to return some of the traditions and the walk ons

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paplou,

Nothing has changed with WVU's walk-on program. I have no idea why DAD has posted differently.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well maybe for the redshirt guys the extra practices would help, I agree there, the rest need the time off to heal and start hitting the S&C program harder. We prob caught a break financially because we likely lose money on any bowl game last years team would have been part of. We stand to make some money off of the back of OU and Baylors BCS game now. Is it great? of course not, we demand better but there are a few positives.

I do not mind missing a bowl after this type of season..and lost money these schools have to fork over is ridiculous.... We are basically taking state money and paying of high dollar execs in charge of these bowls. Would I like to be playing in a BCS bowl sure, but besides those does anyone care?

We not I a bowl it is what it is, shows even more what a great job this staff is doing.

Any word on the TE from today?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
walk ons have proved very valuable here in the past, they would come in with a chip on their shoulders and work their asses off to prove they were better than the recruits, made for some good practices from what they say.

Something said when you have a bunch on earners on your team, I think this killed us this year bringing in some guys who thought they were entitled to things. The JUCO guys turned out retry well.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something said when you have a bunch on earners on your team, I think this killed us this year bringing in some guys who thought they were entitled to things. The JUCO guys turned out retry well.

Well boys hang in there, I dont think you ll be down for long. Good luck next season and maybe we ll meet on the gridiron some day.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
walk ons have proved very valuable here in the past, they would come in with a chip on their shoulders and work their asses off to prove they were better than the recruits, made for some good practices from what they say.

Rich Rodriguez was a walk-on for WVU. Rich Braham from Morgantown, WV was an invited walk-on as well. He ended up becoming an NFL draft pick, and carved out an excellent NFL career. Owen Schmitt was the most recent walk-on I can recall who was able to become a professional. Don Nehlen's grandson... a recent walk-on from Morgantown... was given a free agent try-out last summer, but I don't think he made a squad.

A number of Morgantown kids were given preferred walk-on invites last spring.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not like season for sure if no bowl gives us advantage recruits gladly give up practice get all healthy

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THAT is Luck thinking right there!!!!! Hell with rivals, hell with wins, just show me the money.

Well, sure,that's his job, making money> losing it. We Went to a bowl last year and this class looks better that last years so far, could be FAR better by signing day, time will tell. If next year is a non bowl year then yes I think we get hurt in recruiting but so far that's not the case at all.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mhs class 72, tommy bowden, dave nebera and brad haines all wvu walk ons, bowden was above everage others not play much we have had some good walk ons tho

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, sure,that's his job, making money> losing it. We Went to a bowl last year and this class looks better that last years so far, could be FAR better by signing day, time will tell. If next year is a non bowl year then yes I think we get hurt in recruiting but so far that's not the case at all.

Did Luck cancel all the games without rivals? I must have missed that press conference? Did he sign Pitt and the Cuse up for the ACC personally or did he have a go between? Lol:lol:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Luck cancel all the games without rivals? I must have missed that press conference? Did he sign Pitt and the Cuse up for the ACC personally or did he have a go between? Lol:lol:

Yea I think the blame there falls squarely on the shoulders of a desperate ACC and ESPN.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn didn't win a game in the SEC last year... let alone go to a bowl. Fired a HC, and still ended up with a top ranked class last year. #14 in Scout.

NC State went 3-9 this year... winless in the ACC. And, they have the current #24 class in Scout.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn didn't win a game in the SEC last year... let alone go to a bowl. Fired a HC, and still ended up with a top ranked class last year. #14 in Scout.

NC State went 3-9 this year... winless in the ACC. And, they have the current #24 class in Scout.
I don't even have to look and know Kentucky is on that list as well, VERY good year recruiting for the cats so far. The Vols ect... ect..

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Auburn, 17 players out of last years class signed late. Not sure if now bowl helped or if it was new coach

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Auburn, 17 players out of last years class signed late. Not sure if now bowl helped or if it was new coach

Have you guys been hearing the talking heads going crazy over this offense and how it has never been seen before...it has been seen before just not by a SEC team so it did not matter....lol