• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No Bowl-Advantage or not

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Raese's lawsuit goes to court. WVU has some of the best attorneys working for them, and WVRC has looked pretty pathetic throughout this entire ordeal.

Raese and Mike Parsons used the good ole boy network to solidify a deal for Raese's radio empire to continue to have a monopoly… one Raese's family has enjoyed for over 50 years. I understand why John would want to fight the IMG deal… especially when he did not have enough foresight to pigeon hole his company with IMG in the same manner as WVMH. His arrogance… thinking he could run a Tier 3 operation when he had never done so before… is quite narcissistic. Once he saw things were going badly for his bidding effort, he started a smear campaign.

I will be interested to see the facts come out in court. There are many instances of behind closed door deals between Raese and Parsons that will likely come out.

Sometimes… you have to be careful what you wish for…

Raese claims there was a conflict of interest. However, the principle players he has included in his lawsuit had nothing to do with the bidding process. Cary and Payne were either past BOG member or the current chairman in the latter… but, the BOG played no part in the decision to award IMG the contract.

IMG won the contract because it guaranteed the most money to WVU. This guarantee… instead of using revenue generating models… made them the most attractive to WVU.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UPDATE 5/15/13
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) -- West Virginia University says bidders for multimedia rights to certain athletic events have until June 18 to respond to a new request for proposals.

WVU announced last month it would rebid the contract after a review by the state attorney general's office found "significant errors and sloppiness" in how a previous deal was crafted.

This time, the process will be led by Chief Procurement Officer Brenda Mowen.

Two WVU Board of Governors members shouldn't have participated in reviewing the bids, but Attorney General Patrick Morrisey said he found "no evidence of intentional wrongdoing."

Athletic Director Oliver Luck improperly provided confidential details of the proposed contract with North Carolina-based IMG College to board chairman Drew Payne before its public release.

Morrisey said Payne's subsequent comments on the deal were also improper.

Keep clicking on WSAZ.com for the latest information.

So??

What you have highlighted was part of Morrisey's review of the first bidding process. Luck was in contact with Payne via emails… both parties admitted to this.

Again, the BOG had absolutely nothing to do with the bidding process.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmmm are not ap postings dad providing from dominion post owned by raese now his idiotic slant is understood one sided justice will be served raese will lose

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rusher....this issue is not going away anytime soon, we have had schools losing money for the "Great" bowl games for years now. I believe it was two years ago when only 10 schools involved with bowls actually earned any money, most of them broke even or lost money. Obviously there are mixed feelings about missing a bowl game, but say we were going to the pinstripe again we would have had a down season and lose money. People scream for 20 xtra practices at the tune of a couple million dollars. The bowl system is the biggest scam going.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but have also heard that there will be some restructuring starting next year on the geography of the bowls to start with to make it easier for fans to make the games. With the TV coverage plus cost advantages its easy to see why more and more people are staying home to watch not only their team but also others.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but have also heard that there will be some restructuring starting next year on the geography of the bowls to start with to make it easier for fans to make the games. With the TV coverage plus cost advantages its easy to see why more and more people are staying home to watch not only their team but also others.

It is the smart thing to do for sure, but I won't buy into it until I see it...plus that will do nothing to help the ticket requirments the schools face just by making a bowl.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more schools lose money and the more people stop attending meaningless bowl games gets us closer to a real playoff.

16 teams 15 bowls in a playoff. There will be few empty seats and all teams will profit.

I would love to see someone compare ticket locations and prices between what are given to the schools and what appears on stub hub. Who would want to buy an upper deck seat through the school when they can get lower level for less on stub hub?

I cannot believe that the schools are so stupid and are not calling for a complete overhaul of the bowl system. How does a bowl CEO make a million per year when schools cannot sell their allottment of tickets.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, according to you guys, I hope we never have another winning season, it is SUCH a disadvantage to go to a bowl. That extra practice time makes teams worse, they lose money, it is a hardship on the fans to try and go to the games. No wonder our team sucked so bad this year, that 11 year streak of going to bowls was bound to catch up to WVU sooner or later.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, compare being at home developing players and coaching relationships to say...the pinstripe bowl and..yes I think we are better off THIS year with THIS team/situation. Do you really think an extra few practices would have made last years team any better? I don't, I think they were done by seasons end due to youth/lack of depth.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, compare being at home developing players and coaching relationships to say...the pinstripe bowl and..yes I think we are better off THIS year with THIS team/situation. Do you really think an extra few practices would have made last years team any better? I don't, I think they were done by seasons end due to youth/lack of depth.

I agree with this, most fans with a brain can hear this statement and realize what you are saying...every fan wants to go to a bowl, but with the way this team limped to the finish line the break they have until spring ball will help them heal and refocus..IMO.

The money situation is just another example as to why getting a bowl for any team is a pain to the pocket book.