• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Lions HC

Next Lions HC?

• Lovie Smith (just get him a decent OC and were set)

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Rex Ryan (see Lovie)

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Mark Dantonio (maybe he can help our corners)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bill O'Brien (only the Lions in worse shape than PSU)

• John Gruden (did he throw his name in the hat last night)

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Cowher (rumor is he will only take the Giants job but I put him here anyways)

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Ken Wisenhunt (Calvin would love him)

• Mike Zimmer (he'd make our D a top 3 unit)

• Jay Gruden (if pops won't unretire it's plan B)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the CHUD? How can you get success if the team only lets you coach for less then a year.......

Y! SPORTS

That reporter needs a raise.....At least Cleveland fired the guy after one year, The Lions keep guys forever.....

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It becomes a burden if the host "The Lions" have to foot the cost of the bill is all I'm saying.......When the Lions bring in FAs I'm guessing that's on the Lions tab not the FA.....I would assume bringing in a Rooney Rule candidate would be the same.....If im wrong please let me know.

If not, then the Rooney Rule cost teams money which would be wrong.

The rule doesn't dictate an undue burden on any individual team, but does place a process to open up opportunities. In the overall sense of things, the financial cost is minimal. Unfortunately, we haven't quite gotten to a colorblind society, and that cost eclipses the immediate financial impact.

Yeah, it shouldn't matter, and maybe in another generation or two it won't matter. My parent's generation is almost gone, mine is on the decline, my children's on the ascension, yet I don't think it will be until my grandchildren come about that things like the Rooney Rule will be considered unnecessary.

Here's to getting the best person for the position. I think we all can agree with that goal, regardless of the process that is supposed to be taken.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the cost may be minimal in your eyes it's still a cost nonetheless. Therefore just another "whats the big deal only cost a buck" society we live in that isn't good for anyone.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Anyone wants the Job, Then show the fuck up, drive your own ass to Allen Park, Put on your Best suit, Submit a Resume and take a Interview.......The Lions don't owe any one a damn thing........It's Fords Team.....If Clay and the Gang want to keep fucking up then let them......

I don't agree with it but thats the American Way.......But somehow someone will eventually tell me who to hire running a pizza joint with 3 employees.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the cost may be minimal in your eyes it's still a cost nonetheless. Therefore just another "whats the big deal only cost a buck" society we live in that isn't good for anyone.

Last I checked, the NFL was a private enterprise. It's the cost structure those multi-million dollar institutions have decided would help them to become multi- billion dollar organizations. We're not arguing governmental policy, so my agreement with this business decision does not equate to your implication with what is wrong with society. They are addressing an issue voluntarily.

By the way, just how much do you think a candidate interview costs a team? Ten thousand a person? Twenty? Teams are looking at who is going to manage $120 million in personnel. That's not exactly the time to cut expenses precisely because the cost to determine who should lead is so small in comparison to getting it wrong. By your argument, teams should decide who they want to hire without any interviews. That would save both time and money.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, I am hoping for the Wiz :lol:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I checked, the NFL was a private enterprise. It's the cost structure those multi-million dollar institutions have decided would help them to become multi- billion dollar organizations. We're not arguing governmental policy, so my agreement with this business decision does not equate to your implication with what is wrong with society. They are addressing an issue voluntarily.

By the way, just how much do you think a candidate interview costs a team? Ten thousand a person? Twenty? Teams are looking at who is going to manage $120 million in personnel. That's not exactly the time to cut expenses precisely because the cost to determine who should lead is so small in comparison to getting it wrong. By your argument, teams should decide who they want to hire without any interviews. That would save both time and money.

Scary proposal......Ford has bringing head coach after head coach in......None have been winners.....Maybe he's only bringing in one guy or 50........Still cost money and were the same ole Lions.....One thing hasn't changed....The Owner......

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scary proposal......Ford has bringing head coach after head coach in......None have been winners.....Maybe he's only bringing in one guy or 50........Still cost money and were the same ole Lions.....One thing hasn't changed....The Owner......

Dude, you just argued that 2+2
doesn't equal 4 because the sun comes up in the East.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What do you think costs the most? The plane ticket? The room that's already booked? Gas money for the 15 mile round trip from A.P. to Metro? Lunch?

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you just argued that 2+2
doesn't equal 4 because the sun comes up in the East.

I guess you live in the Northern Hemishphere and are now going to tell me how I feel when it's snowing on me while you have sun in Cali.......

I'll keep doing math, you keep telling the rest of us how to believe.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe its about time Gregg Williams got another head coaching job

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter who the Lions bring in, It cost the team for everyone they bring in,. When a Rule is put in place that they have to interview a minority then you just added a cost to the team....

I don't think any company in the world would be happy taking on a cost that the Govt or in this case the NFL said you had to occur.

Simple shit, Don't force stuff on the people......It's Fords Team...He owns it! Who has the right to tell him he has to spend money on anything. He could just close the doors and there would 31 teams in the NFL next year.

Am I missing something? When you own something someone can tell you how to operate it? Why own anything if someone else is going to tell you how to run it.

Ford is worth about a billions dollars. I really don't give a shit if he has to spend a few grand every several years to fly in and put up a minority candidate. And yes you are obviously missing something. What you are missing is it doesn't really matter it Ford owns the team, he doesn't own the NFL, his franchise is PART of the NFL and must follow NFL rules. This is what he CHOSE when he decided to purchase an NFL team. His rights are not being infringed upon and if he believes they are then he can sell the team to someone who understands and will follow the rules. He has that choice. He also has a choice as to who he actually hires.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does the Rooney Rule dictate that Mayhew has to interview at least one white guy?

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Jim Caldwell who is currently the OC for the Ravens is of some interest....I don't really like any of these candidates so far.

So the names we've heard so far that they have actually reached out to talk to are Todd Bowles, Tom Cable, and Jim Caldwell. I guess Caldwell is a little interesting, I mean getting Peyton Manning to a Superbowl has to be worth something, but none of these guys are thrilling.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the CHUD? How can you get success if the team only lets you coach for less then a year.......

Y! SPORTS

That reporter needs a raise.....At least Cleveland fired the guy after one year, The Lions keep guys forever.....

Either Cleveland is that dysfunctional or Chud is just that bad. Both are possible.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does the Rooney Rule dictate that Mayhew has to interview at least one white guy?

Woah, woah, woah now!!! You can't say white guy anymore!

This isn't the 90's man, get with the times; it's Caucasian American...