• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Lions HC

Next Lions HC?

• Lovie Smith (just get him a decent OC and were set)

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Rex Ryan (see Lovie)

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Mark Dantonio (maybe he can help our corners)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bill O'Brien (only the Lions in worse shape than PSU)

• John Gruden (did he throw his name in the hat last night)

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Cowher (rumor is he will only take the Giants job but I put him here anyways)

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Ken Wisenhunt (Calvin would love him)

• Mike Zimmer (he'd make our D a top 3 unit)

• Jay Gruden (if pops won't unretire it's plan B)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the names we've heard so far that they have actually reached out to talk to are Todd Bowles, Tom Cable, and Jim Caldwell. I guess Caldwell is a little interesting, I mean getting Peyton Manning to a Superbowl has to be worth something, but none of these guys are thrilling.

Lovie is coming in for an interview as well.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Anyone wants the Job, Then show the fuck up, drive your own ass to Allen Park, Put on your Best suit, Submit a Resume and take a Interview.......The Lions don't owe any one a damn thing........It's Fords Team.....If Clay and the Gang want to keep fucking up then let them......

I don't agree with it but thats the American Way.......But somehow someone will eventually tell me who to hire running a pizza joint with 3 employees.

Yes, the white guy and the black guy can spend his own money to interview but the teams CHOOSE to pay for it. See that American freedom at work? And if you decide to open Muzz's Greazy Pizza then you can do what you please within the law. If you CHOOSE to open a Little Ceasars franchise then you will abide by the frachisee rules of Little Ceasars. See how that American freedom actually works? Choices all around!!!

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woah, woah, woah now!!! You can't say white guy anymore!

This isn't the 90's man, get with the times; it's Caucasian American...

I hate this. I was just getting used to 'cracker'.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scary proposal......Ford has bringing head coach after head coach in......None have been winners.....Maybe he's only bringing in one guy or 50........Still cost money and were the same ole Lions.....One thing hasn't changed....The Owner......

So basically you're just mad at Clay and your ridiculous stance is actually about his inability to hire the right guy not about a mandate that he and the other owners agreed upon. At least that's how I'm going to take it. Good talk!!!

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does the Rooney Rule dictate that Mayhew has to interview at least one white guy?

Yea because that's really a concern. Don't worry, Tom Cable will be that token.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovie is coming in for an interview as well.

Hopefully he just breezes through town. Buc fan already has his name on the office door at One Buc. Let that happen!!

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cable looks like George the Animal Steele! He definitely would demand accountability!

I think the Lions are going through the motions and Whisenhut is the guy.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Raider fan also, I thought Tom Cable was actually quite decent in Oakland.. But I feel he is not a true HC yet and will make similar mistakes that Schwartz did.. He got his team motivated but didn't make the best adjustments overall.. There are better candidates IMO..

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just get someone in here that will play to win, instead of playing not to lose.

Same with investments. Most people lose money trying to avoid losses.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this unfortunately sums up the majority of white people's understanding of Affirmative Action. AA does not in any way shape or form get a black person a job over a more qualified white candidate. It is there to guard against the LESS QUALIFIED WHITE PERSON getting the job over the more qualified black person. So, you did have it kind of right, the job should go to the best possible candidate. And yes we should all just see each other as humans but unfortunately most of us don't even when we believe that we do and until we actually do, not just ostrich up and act like we're there, we need rules like this.

If that was the case I would be supportive of it but unfortunately it is not. You are also jumping to the conclusion that Im white.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's happened and yes it pissed me off but white guys will be interviewed that they don't intend to hire either. It's better to get the interview and get your name and face out there than not.

That may be the case but the white guy isnt garnering attention due to his race while the guy that isnt white is. Therein lies the problem. I see plenty of non white coaches in the nfl, as long as the media continues to perpetuate racism there will be instances of the rooney rule. Its a waste of time and energy. If a non white is the best guy, hire him, if a white is best hire him, maybe there should be a rule for each team to interview one woman as well seeing as how there are no female head coaches, looks like sexism to me. What about homosexuals? There needs to be a rule for that, and you know what? I dont see any young coaches either. Lets make a rule that each team has to interview at least one person under 30. Until this is done, the rooney rule and affirmative action are examples of racism. Anytime one race or gender is being favored over the other and thats what this does, its racism.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand racism when most of us are mutts anyway.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes a mutt to know a mutt.....I'm one sexy mutt.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro sports teams are in the business to win! Well maybe not the Clippers.

But a coach regardless of race will be hired if the ownership believes they can win. I would hire Tony Dungy before anyone he is a proven winner...on and off the field.

I would cringe if the Lions hired Greg Schiano. It's not about race but winning.

I hate when PC police interject themselves into sports. IMO they make minorities into tokens to often and water down or make people question truly good hires of minorities.