• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Assistant Coaches Rumors and Hires

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, all these new titles confuse me. Seems like it’s a way to pad coaches payroll.

Too many Chefs? Circular firing squad come blame time?

How to you manage to get all these coaching oars rowing in the same direction? Boggles the mind. Here’s to hoping!

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three first time coordinators. Let’s go!!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Broncos seem to be going for "A Band of Brothers" approach. With Paton and Hackett floating over it trying to keep all the stew in the pot. Well - why not!

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“It’s also worth noting Hackett didn't get all first choices as he was putting his staff together. The Packers declined Hackett's interview requests for Adam Stenavich, who was promoted from offensive line coach to offensive coordinator, and Jason Vrable, who was promoted from receivers coach to passing game coordinator.”

Bummer…

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“It’s also worth noting Hackett didn't get all first choices as he was putting his staff together. The Packers declined Hackett's interview requests for Adam Stenavich, who was promoted from offensive line coach to offensive coordinator, and Jason Vrable, who was promoted from receivers coach to passing game coordinator.”

Bummer…
Come on George! Paton already knew what would happen when he made the offers - the offers either would draw the Packers quickly in to keep coaches - or get them over to the Broncos. I suspect he knew - what the likely outcome was for Stenivich and Getsy when he made the offers. In effect he was helping out his buddies.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on George! Paton already knew what would happen when he made the offers - the offers either would draw the Packers quickly in to keep coaches - or get them over to the Broncos. I suspect he knew - what the likely outcome was for Stenivich and Getsy when he made the offers. In effect he was helping out his buddies.
Well, Jason did do well ($) with his promotion in GB.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letting a fox in the henhouse…

Tyrone Wheatley to be named RB coach.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrone Wheatley was RBs coach with the Jags 2017-2018 overlapping when Hackett was the OC .. Oh, and 2017 just happens to be the year the Jags lead the league in rushing ..

You know you're getting up there in age when you distinctly remember players being drafted and facing the Broncos for the first time, and all of a sudden they have been coaching for 14 years ..

This is a pretty exciting hire

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is a pretty bold step for the Broncos to go this young on the coaching staff. What do they get for that?

1) More energy for the players and coaches.
2) Coaches young enough to bond with the players and go on a mission together.
3) More innovation less hide bound to tried and true

Is Hackett the kind of guy who can ringmaster this circus? Can he keep the young coaches on track - working in coordination with each other? Helping in that regard, the hirings also come from places where they mostly coached together or had a previous connection.

The hedge on that bet - is the hiring of the well experienced coaches to keep an eye on things and lend a hand when needed. Those guys balance the youth of the staff in general with experience.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is a pretty bold step for the Broncos to go this young on the coaching staff. What do they get for that?

1) More energy for the players and coaches.
2) Coaches young enough to bond with the players and go on a mission together.
3) More innovation less hide bound to tried and true

Is Hackett the kind of guy who can ringmaster this circus? Can he keep the young coaches on track - working in coordination with each other? Helping in that regard, the hirings also come from places where they mostly coached together or had a previous connection.

The hedge on that bet - is the hiring of the well experienced coaches to keep an eye on things and lend a hand when needed. Those guys balance the youth of the staff in general with experience.
Josh McDouche was something like 33 years old when he was hired to be the Broncos Head Coach and installed a toxic, negligent frat boy culture in the organization before finally being shit canned. Hackett at something like 43 years old doesn't strike me as the same at all.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh McDouche was something like 33 years old when he was hired to be the Broncos Head Coach and installed a toxic, negligent frat boy culture in the organization before finally being shit canned. Hackett at something like 43 years old doesn't strike me as the same at all.
I absolutely agree with you on that comparison. I'm just saying it is bold to go that young in a coaching staff.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From PFT:

The Broncos announced seven additions to head coach Nathaniel Hackett’s first coaching staff on Monday.
The announcement included confirmation that former Panthers and Texans head coach Dom Capers will be on hand as a senior defensive assistant. Capers has played a similar role for the Jaguars, Vikings, and Lions over the last three years.
Capers will be joined on the defensive side of the ball by linebackers coach Peter Hansen and outside linebackers coach Bert Watts. Hansen had been working at UNLV while Watts was on Auburn’s staff.
The Broncos also named Jake Moreland their tight ends coach. He was an assistant offensive line coach with the Jets last year.
Ben Steele will be Denver’s assistant offensive line coach while Mike Mallory will be the assistant special teams coach and Ramon Chinyoung will serve as an offensive quality control coach

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do y’all think our rumored DC and ST coach did in the SB? 7 sacks is pretty sweet and hey at least Von has some experience playing with Evijero if he decided to come back.