• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Assistant Coaches Rumors and Hires

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks losing Modkins to the Vikings. He is probably one of the best RB coaches in the league.

Interesting on Munchak after he and the team at one point agreed they were both going to go a different direction.

I sorta expect Kuper back for another year as he learns then likely branches out into his own OL coach with a little more experience under experiences OL coaches.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t know that. The league banned suits?
I'll do some more research, but I do believe that the HCs are required to wear the Nike or whatever sweatshop company the league is promoting

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article might be outdated ( is it Reebok ? ), but it explains some of it:

"The league has forced coaches to wear team-branded gear since 1993. The league even has a deal with Reebok, which provides the aforementioned gear. If you want answers as to why NFL coaches don’t focus much on fashion, this Reebok deal is the answer.
In 2005, then-San Francisco 49ers head coach Mike Nolan attempted to “class up” the sideline as well as honor his father by wearing a suit. The league denied him this opportunity. In a story about Nolan’s quest, The LA Times discovered that Reebok is “why Nolan can’t wear a dress shirt, sport coat or tie — because the sportswear giant doesn’t currently make any of those items.
"

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was a kid, my parents would take us out to dinner every Saturday, and my Dad would dress like Dan Reeves. no matter where we were going ... So seeing Dan Reeves on the sidelines on a Sunday in a suit and tie was not a shock, it was just the way the adult men dressed ..

Nowadays, if kids even have a father to take them to dinner, he's dressed in baggy Marvel pajamas and bedroom slippers ..

Sadly, this is an issue that;s bigger than the NFL

coach-02.jpg

coach-01.jpg

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuper’s spot?

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting on Munchak after he and the team at one point agreed they were both going to go a different direction.
On Monday’s Broncos Country Tonight show Benjamin Albright said Doug Marone was the guy Hacket was trying to bring in to teach the coaches, but it was not done yet. I wonder if Munchak is the backup plan for that position.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Monday’s Broncos Country Tonight show Benjamin Albright said Doug Marone was the guy Hacket was trying to bring in to teach the coaches, but it was not done yet. I wonder if Munchak is the backup plan for that position.
When you are out hiring coaches and it occurs to you that you need someone to teach your coaches - maybe you are off track somehow.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are out hiring coaches and it occurs to you that you need someone to teach your coaches - maybe you are off track somehow.

Especially when the guy you want teaching is Doug Marrone

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends, on this case having a really inexperienced staff where most of the coaches are taking a position higher then they have held previously, so having a coach with experience to help them navigate the new responsibilities isn’t a horrible idea.

I guess we will see how things go. Instant success might be hard to achieve with so much inexperience.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially when the guy you want teaching is Doug Marrone

I couldn't help but laugh at this because I get the humor in it... Although I think Marrone is a pretty good assistant yet not a good head coach. I thought it was good.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s that old saying about ‘too many cooks’?

If things go wrong they’ll have to throw a month long study on it to assign blame.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was a kid, my parents would take us out to dinner every Saturday, and my Dad would dress like Dan Reeves. no matter where we were going ... So seeing Dan Reeves on the sidelines on a Sunday in a suit and tie was not a shock, it was just the way the adult men dressed ..

Nowadays, if kids even have a father to take them to dinner, he's dressed in baggy Marvel pajamas and bedroom slippers ..

Sadly, this is an issue that;s bigger than the NFL

coach-02.jpg

coach-01.jpg

Naw man, be who you want to be, life’s to short for that crap.

Enjoy the time you have with the people you’re with, and don’t worry about your appearance, do what makes you happy.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't help but laugh at this because I get the humor in it... Although I think Marrone is a pretty good assistant yet not a good head coach. I thought it was good.

Not gonna lie, this sounds like a role that would be perfect for a Mike Shanahan or Gary Kubiak. Not having the stress of the actual day-to-day grind, while helping guide a young, less experienced staff through the waters of being in charge of an NFL franchise.

Plus either of those two could definitely offer some unique insights on what it means to coach specifically in Denver and help the new staff understand how to handle a Broncos fan base that typically has high expectations…

Doesn’t sound like this staff wants either of them to fill that role, but I would gladly welcome one of them back in that capacity.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hired UNLV D Cord Peter Hansen as our LB coach While UNLV is not a good football program Hansen comes with a pretty solid resume. Coaching with Fangio in SF. LB coach for a very good Stanford defense when he was there. He has coached under the Fangio scheme at the same time our soon to be D Cord, Evero coached under Fangio. We are keeping the same scheme and I really like that.

Basically we have an offensive minded coach and while we won't have Fangio here to keep the D in tact we are trying our best to keep Fangio's scheme here to keep this D playing at a high level. What better way to do that then to hire the guys who learned from him?

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saints beat Hackett to Marrone…