• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most injured NFL team 2015?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is crazy how sometimes actually losing an all star can really force a coach to do a better job. Last year for the Broncos they had what 6 or 7 Pro Bowlers on the defensive side of the ball but were 16th in scoring defense. Del Rio got lazy and just decided his talent was better than your talent and stopped blitzing, stopped calling any kind of stunts, it almost looked more like a Pre Season vanilla defense.

Same thing with the Chiefs this year in having to adjust to losing such a key figure. Probably some of Reids best coaching.

As far as this chart goes I guess to me every chart when it comes to injuries is going to be subjective.

Everybody weighs injuries differently. To me while the Patriots have been a very banged up team they have still had the biggest players that lead to success for almost the entire year. I'm sure the Cowboys would take all of the banged up players the Patriots have if it means Romo plays all year. Same for the Steelers. I'm sure they would rather have every back up OL player on the field right now if it meant Roethlisberger played every game this year.
Exactly. It's a stupid excuse.

Cards lost their #1 & 2 RB, starting defensive tackle, honey badger, etc. Last year we lost half the team including the 1 & 2 QB.

I didn't start an injury excuse thread.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cards lost their #1 & 2 RB, starting defensive tackle, honey badger, etc. Last year we lost half the team including the 1 & 2 QB.

Every team every year has some key player go down. Obviously a star QB is the toughest to overcome but every team that is in the playoffs is one that didn't allow the injury excuse to be what they used. The team was able to say "Well that sucks" and move on to the next game with the new players. Heck the Packers in 2010 had the most players on IR that year of any team in the league and were Super Bowl Champions. Teams rise above the injury issue.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've seen Dalton in postseason, right?!
for the most part this year though he has been a very different player. No clue if that carries to the Post Season but during the season he definitely showed marked improvement.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you figure, when it's simply a fact? The Patriots will not make a run at the SB with the players they have fielded the last few weeks, and the W/L shows it.

Do you even follow football?
Don't give up so soon. Pats have looked like shit down the final stretch of reg season. I have them as a long shot to go deep, but no F-ing way am I counting them out of contention. All teams have injuries; there are probably two teams right now in the POs that have avoided the injury bug. The remaining 10 have issues of some sort.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't the Pats lose like 3 of their last 4 or 5 games ?....They do a good job adjusting, it's true but when Gronk is out, they are noticeably much easier to beat....
Brady nor Rodgers can do it on their own, this take the team on their back business is a total farce....
If the Oline breaks down, all qb's are toast....
If the rec'vrs can't get separation, or the RB can't find a lane, the O is toast....

But to the OP's question; Suggs, Smitty, Forsett, and Flacco along with 16 others makes the Ravens the most injured this season and that spelled a 5-11 record but a #6 draft pick in all 7 rounds and 5 more...Pay da man !!!

Go AFCN.........:clap:

Yes they did. But I addressed that in the same thread. I don't blame it on injuries, I blame it on bad coaching decisions and even with injuries the Patriots were still in those games and should have won most of them regardless.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they did. But I addressed that in the same thread. I don't blame it on injuries, I blame it on bad coaching decisions and even with injuries the Patriots were still in those games and should have won most of them regardless.

Coaches aren't perfect in their decisions, but they are headstrong. Few will change once they decide upon something, and BB has got to be one of the most subborn HCs of all time. The bit about "should have won most of them" is extremely farfetched. There is no way to know that. Pats coaching staff gets it right most of the time so I'm sure we will see a better plan in two weeks.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches aren't perfect in their decisions, but they are headstrong. Few will change once they decide upon something, and BB has got to be one of the most subborn HCs of all time. The bit about "should have won most of them" is extremely farfetched. There is no way to know that. Pats coaching staff gets it right most of the time so I'm sure we will see a better plan in two weeks.

Pooch punting, only running the ball, yeah I blame BB and terrible coaching there!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pooch punting, only running the ball, yeah I blame BB and terrible coaching there!

What about all the other games, when they had a good plan? You are basing your argument on a few stupid coaching decisions, which is not the norm. Maybe they were just experimenting dumb shit to see if it worked :D

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about all the other games, when they had a good plan? You are basing your argument on a few stupid coaching decisions, which is not the norm. Maybe they were just experimenting dumb shit to see if it worked :D

haha... Perhaps BB went all "Mile High" on us

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree... the 2010 Packers were decimated by injuries but still won the SB.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C'mon reds, they're only bad decisions when they don't work...BB is smarter than most so I would lean more to the injures than his coaching....4 rings 6 trips, I mean how smart does a HC have to be ?
We were in all but 2 games all year and could've won them but we come out with 5 wins....This is the NFL, the slightest deficiency can cost you the game at this level......20 players on IR and 4 of them our star players, I don't care how good the coach is, they ain't overcoming that much in 1 season....

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your #2 seed New England Patriots.

Pats needed the bye week probably more than any of the playoff teams. The amount of injuries has definitely been showing and effect the last few weeks, particularly at the Oline.

In a nutshell the Patriots need to come back wiht most of their starters or their post season will be short lived.

NFL Week 15 Games Missed Due to Injury December 23, 2015 - Man Games Lost

Hey, that's what happened to us going into the Super-Bowl last year.... Our D was beat up... It sucks when that happens but it's just part of the game sometimes...

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't give up so soon. Pats have looked like shit down the final stretch of reg season. I have them as a long shot to go deep, but no F-ing way am I counting them out of contention. All teams have injuries; there are probably two teams right now in the POs that have avoided the injury bug. The remaining 10 have issues of some sort.
Agree. Don't start with this injury nonsense. It's so bush league. Suck it up, support your team and tip your hat if you get bounced.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon reds, they're only bad decisions when they don't work...BB is smarter than most so I would lean more to the injures than his coaching....4 rings 6 trips, I mean how smart does a HC have to be ?
We were in all but 2 games all year and could've won them but we come out with 5 wins....This is the NFL, the slightest deficiency can cost you the game at this level......20 players on IR and 4 of them our star players, I don't care how good the coach is, they ain't overcoming that much in 1 season....

True but why do that stupid pooch punt period? I mean that's just showing up the team. I didn't like it then and I certainly still don't like it now. Sure the Patriots were injured and Brady didn't have his quick slot guy in Edelman and that hurts his game but even with those injuries aside the Patriots had chances to win and didn't make the plays (mainly on special teams)

Yes BB is smarter than basically any coach out there and I do give him credit for that but lately I really do question his decision making. Again, that's being an armchair QB but still, to me it doesn't seem like BB decisions that he is making (on the field)

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all games missed to injury are the same. Brady is healthy...so not much to blame on injuries...

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo going down did more damage than the Boys could overcome. Dez being out would have been less of a problem if Romo was still on the field. Plus the leadership he commands on and off the field.

Sure we had late game melt downs....all..season...long, but we wouldn't have been in that position if we had better QB play/Romo on the field. I put blame on our coaches and general manager for not seeing what they had in their back ups. Both have other fuck up on the resume this year but back up QB play is right at the top.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know what an excuse is?

Yup, and clearly you do not.

So in your world you aren't allowed to make observations about the state of your favorite team?

Pats full strenth are one of the favs to win it all. Fact.

Pats at less than full strength, in particular without Edleman, Amendola, Hightower, Jones, et. al. have little shot of beating the list of teams that made the post season, particularly the likely opponents in the NFC. Fact.

You should work on understanding the difference between and obeservation based opinion and an excuse. See Green Bay as an example.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, that's what happened to us going into the Super-Bowl last year.... Our D was beat up... It sucks when that happens but it's just part of the game sometimes...

I don't disagree, and it definitely had an impact last Feb.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team that the Pats got rolling the first few weeks would today be the hand-down favorite to win it all.

When your team's injuries are less significant, you scoff at the injury excuse.....it's what you do.