• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan State turning into the new Baylor?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and it is written as unbiased as an article would be written by Hammer about Ohio State and Urban Meyer. Wojo is such a UM homer. A lot of these issues happened within a couple of weeks of each other and there is nothing he could really do to punish the players to set the example for anyone else. He wants to blame Dantonio because Blackwell didn't report what he found out to him. "Pinning all the blame on someone," well yeah, the guy hid a serious offense from the police and the staff. Dantonio suspended the players immediately when the players were accused, something that does not happen everywhere, and as soon as charges were brought up they were kicked off the team, also something that doesn't happen everywhere. Sometimes Dantonio is too easy (see Delton Williams brandishing a weapon, suspended and kicked off scholarship, I would have preferred kicked off the team) and sometimes he has the right response (kicking a quarter of the team off the team before the bowl game for a brawl). I just don't know how he can punish players properly when he has a member of the staff actively hiding crimes.
Yes, he's biased, and so is the creator of the tweets I'm about to link. But damn if it doesn't show a pattern of letting things slide:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mumphrey was not even on the team when the incident happened. He had already completed his fifth year and was in the second semester of his masters and wasn't like the team could punish him. It would be like Michigan trying to punish Lewan for the assault that the AAPD buried until after the bowl game and tried to bury until after the draft. He was no longer a part of the team. What kind of punishment did Harbaugh give Jordan Lewis with his incident before the draft?

Delton Williams was reinstated and was benched for 5 games (of course that was not mentioned) and taken off scholarship for that year.

Obviously Dantonio's program has run off the rails. But Wojo trying to put the blame of a staff member hiding shit from him is stupid.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mumphrey was not even on the team when the incident happened. He had already completed his fifth year and was in the second semester of his masters and wasn't like the team could punish him. It would be like Michigan trying to punish Lewan for the assault that the AAPD buried until after the bowl game and tried to bury until after the draft. He was no longer a part of the team. What kind of punishment did Harbaugh give Jordan Lewis with his incident before the draft?

Delton Williams was reinstated and was benched for 5 games (of course that was not mentioned) and taken off scholarship for that year.

Obviously Dantonio's program has run off the rails. But Wojo trying to put the blame of a staff member hiding shit from him is stupid.
The people in charge of the lewan stuff got fired. It was also three coaches ago and about 8 years ago. Maybe if it were part of a string of issues. As far as Lewis, he's not been convicted of anything.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people in charge of the lewan stuff got fired. It was also three coaches ago and about 8 years ago. Maybe if it were part of a string of issues. As far as Lewis, he's not been convicted of anything.
And neither has Memphrey but you get my point. He was no longer with the team so what exactly should Dantonio be doing to monitor a former player?

And Taylor Lewan was one coach ago. Don't know where you come up with three?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the MSU staff tried to cover it up, I don't find fault with them.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the MSU staff tried to cover it up, I don't find fault with them.
I think it was more a case of a few coaches not doing anything more than trying to cover it up. Basically, no due diligence.

But, I'm not that up on it.

@7Samurai13, is it cover up or inaction?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was more a case of a few coaches not doing anything more than trying to cover it up. Basically, no due diligence.

From my understanding, one staff member was told about what happened and did not tell the police nor did he tell Dantonio. So there was a cover up but it was not by Dantonio and the trustees as well as the investigators said that the coaches did nothing wrong.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They did a 4 month investigation and Dantonio was cleared of all wrong doing.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan St. should do the right thing and can the AD and entire coaching staff including Dantonio. Start out with a clean slate.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must be something about green uniforms. Or maybe some of the character of some of the Dallas Cowboys players rubbed off on both teams when they played in Jerry's World a few years ago.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need a Baylor vs Michigan St. game soon. Someone's getting r@ped in that game.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need a Baylor vs Michigan St. game soon. Someone's getting r@ped in that game.
kickerblammo.0.gif

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree in this one particular instance but his trial still hasn't concluded and we still don't know what his punishment will be. For all we know he's suspended for the season. Basically, it's too early to determine. He grabbed a girl's privates and ran away from the cops. Depending on his conviction and legal punishment, there is room for him to be back on the team with necessary punishments. If we pull an MSU and let him play the week after getting out of jail, then I'll have an issue.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree in this one particular instance but his trial still hasn't concluded and we still don't know what his punishment will be. For all we know he's suspended for the season. Basically, it's too early to determine. He grabbed a girl's privates and ran away from the cops. Depending on his conviction and legal punishment, there is room for him to be back on the team with necessary punishments. If we pull an MSU and let him play the week after getting out of jail, then I'll have an issue.
So at MI "indefinitely" means until we need him for some football. Just some glass house info is all. Every program makes bad decisions.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So at MI "indefinitely" means until we need him for some football. Just some glass house info is all. Every program makes bad decisions.
First off, even if the situation was exactly the same -- it's a single instance compared to multiple at MSU. Secondly, "indefinitely" can mean an undetermined amount of time. Kids commit crimes when you have 120 of them. As long as the crime isn't too severe, I have no issue with providing a way back on the team so long as they are adequately punished. The key that MSU is missing is adequately punishing those kids. Perry stopped playing football for us in October.