• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan State turning into the new Baylor?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Ann Arbor police did anything to cover up anything. They had conflicting reports at the scene and even the victim's story changed when he sobered up. So they did an investigation, and then filed charges when it was done. I don't think another college student not on the football team would have been treated any differently. At best you can argue they stretched the timeline for the investigation.
You think a non-football player would have his name completely left out of the report, had the case closed until the victim complained and stated that he wanted to press charges. Really?

WOuld a non-football player also get no charges for making multiple threats to a r@pe victim while an investigation was going on?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think a non-football player would have his name completely left out of the report, had the case closed until the victim complained and stated that he wanted to press charges. Really?
Lewan wasn't named at the scene, so yeah. When you're not named at the scene you're going to be left off the initial report.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 of Michigan State's top 8 recruits from 2016 have now been charged with sexual assault.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 of Michigan State's top 8 recruits from 2016 have now been charged with sexual assault.

That's the kind of stat that gets a staff fired.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the kind of stat that gets a staff fired.
One of the staff members who the accused told what happened and didn't pass the information on to the MSU police or Dantonio was immediately suspended and did not have his contract renewed for next year. I'd be ok with clear cutting that entire coaching staff save Dantonio. But I'm a zero tolerance type of guy.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the staff members who the accused told what happened and didn't pass the information on to the MSU police or Dantonio was immediately suspended and did not have his contract renewed for next year. I'd be ok with clear cutting that entire coaching staff save Dantonio. But I'm a zero tolerance type of guy.

What are the chances Dantonio salvages this? I think you guys had an all time great run, but this sure feels like the end of it under the current regime.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chances Dantonio salvages this? I think you guys had an all time great run, but this sure feels like the end of it under the current regime.
It sounds horrible to have five players charged with sexual assault, it boils down to three incidents. One was two years ago with a player after his last season while working on his masters that has not been brought up in this thread. It is definitely something that will tarnish Dantoino's time here but it is something that he can recover from but it will always be there. I don't know if he has the energy to deal with all this weight. I've always said he only had 3-4 years left but this may shorten this to next year being the last, depending on how this season goes.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
June 6th -

could face up to 15 years in prison (King,Corley and Vance)

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU football players officially charged in sexual assault case

Having read the accusations, I honestly believe something should have been done earlier on MSU's part. They should have been kicked off the team immediately especially since the dumbasses recorded it. I know there are two sides to the story but this absolutely should have been brought to Dantonio's attention and I am glad that the staffer is no longer with the team.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
22046526-mmmain.jpg

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have a tendency to be that way too. My wife says I'm too often a "Ready, Fire, Aim" guy. What miffs me is I'd bet the farm that nearly every coach/coaching staff knew damned well these kids had some "history" from high school that indicated this type of stuff (and other stuff) had a high probability of showing up...even before they ever set foot at the school. But, their talent was worth the risk.

Which begs the question. Should schools take chances on uber talented guys with known character flaws? The blue bloods don't really have to take a chance as they can get a kid just as talented without the baggage. But, the middle or lower tier ones in most conferences can't.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't read the article yet but Wojo is a douche canoe and needs to be off the radio.
He makes a pretty good case about the problems in the last few years at MSU.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He makes a pretty good case about the problems in the last few years at MSU.
Yes and it is written as unbiased as an article would be written by Hammer about Ohio State and Urban Meyer. Wojo is such a UM homer. A lot of these issues happened within a couple of weeks of each other and there is nothing he could really do to punish the players to set the example for anyone else. He wants to blame Dantonio because Blackwell didn't report what he found out to him. "Pinning all the blame on someone," well yeah, the guy hid a serious offense from the police and the staff. Dantonio suspended the players immediately when the players were accused, something that does not happen everywhere, and as soon as charges were brought up they were kicked off the team, also something that doesn't happen everywhere. Sometimes Dantonio is too easy (see Delton Williams brandishing a weapon, suspended and kicked off scholarship, I would have preferred kicked off the team) and sometimes he has the right response (kicking a quarter of the team off the team before the bowl game for a brawl). I just don't know how he can punish players properly when he has a member of the staff actively hiding crimes.