• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Rose Ivey Statement on Kneeling

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I will give you a jumping off point. Oppression of blacks in this country. That should get you started...

I'm really not trying to argue, as I find myself sympathizing with both sides of this issue. But what does the oppression of blacks in this country have to do with an unarmed white male being shot and killed police in small town Nebraska?

What the opposition of BLM would argue that due to the medias lack of coverage and national uproar to Austin Baier's death it sends the message that his life doesn't matter as much as a black man's. If we are outraged by one, then we should be outraged by all of them.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would suggest if you feel that way then get your sign and get out there.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just plain sucks being white doesn't it.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really not trying to argue, as I find myself sympathizing with both sides of this issue. But what does the oppression of blacks in this country have to do with an unarmed white male being shot and killed police in small town Nebraska?

What the opposition of BLM would argue that due to the medias lack of coverage and national uproar to Austin Baier's death it sends the message that his life doesn't matter as much as a black man's. If we are outraged by one, then we should be outraged by all of them.

Fair enough. I did come of snarky and I apologize. And I agree with your last statement. My "really" response was to a question of why whites don't riot when an unarmed white guy is shot. My take on it is, that white people have not been oppressed since the inception of our country whereas black people have been. It is perhaps the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. The are angry and fed up as a collective.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I did come of snarky and I apologize. And I agree with your last statement. My "really" response was to a question of why whites don't riot when an unarmed white guy is shot. My take on it is, that white people have not been oppressed since the inception of our country whereas black people have been. It is perhaps the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. The are angry and fed up as a collective.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I cannot begin to comprehend what it's like to walk a mile in a black man's shoes. All of this anger and uproar is obviously coming from something that has been built up for years and years and years. I have no doubt that cops interact differently with blacks than they do with most whites.

But playing devils' advocate, if we are going to protest police brutality then shouldn't we protest ALL police brutality and not just upon minorities?

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wholeheartedly agree with this. I cannot begin to comprehend what it's like to walk a mile in a black man's shoes. All of this anger and uproar is obviously coming from something that has been built up for years and years and years. I have no doubt that cops interact differently with blacks than they do with most whites.

But playing devils' advocate, if we are going to protest police brutality then shouldn't we protest ALL police brutality and not just upon minorities?
I think we should. But if you don't take up "for your own people", nobody else will. And I completely get why black people are not outraged about an unarmed white guy being shot.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just made myself a white women that is getting pregnant in 6 months to read this article.
giphy.gif

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the media isn't going to blow a story like this up because it isn't going to generate enough attention and they know it. All about that money.

What's hilarious is that people think the media is trying to help out the BLM movement. The media couldn't give 2 shits. They're just trying to bank while they can.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really don't want to know about you rimming.

edit: You can come out of the closet but keep it in the bedroom please.

:bounce:

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
MRI certainly has the right to do the misguided Anthem protest, but I also as an American have the right to ask why doesn't he go to the high crime areas and try to influence the people being shot to either obey the law, and or comply with police orders, because it's just too damn risky to not do so. I watched a video recently that showed dashcam and bodycam videos of cops who were murdered by thugs, and it proved to me and to most people that when a cop approaches a vehicle or a possible crime scene that bad things can happen in a flash, so the people who aren't in a cop's shoes have no reason to judge a cop when they shoot someone in that same split second of time when a deadly threat occurs.

Of all of the cop shootings I have seen, only two of them was poor police work. Number one, when the police arrived at the scene where the caretaker was watching over the autistic man holding a toy truck. In that situation one of the cops should have had binoculars to see the autistic man wasn't holding a gun. Number two was when a swat team broke into a piece of property looking for a tenant living in a man's basement. They couldn't find the tenant, so they went upstairs and found the landlord sleeping in his bedroom. Supposedly they thought he may have a gun under his covers, and since he woken up by those turds, he had no idea of what was going on, so naturally when a person first wakes up to that kind of ruckus, they won't comply with anyone's orders. The turds then shot him 16 times! He did survive, but his life will be ruined now I'm sure. The landlord didn't have a police record, by the way like the vast majority of people shot by cops do.